PDA

View Full Version : Lipstick--Is Shade important to you?

MarinaTwelve200
12-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Is the shade or color of your lipstick important to your CDing? Im not talking here about matching the color of a dress or shoes as in putting a fashion image together, but its importance in making you feel "like a woman", so to speak in your CD mode.

I have always had an affinity towards the darker reds, like my mother wore (obvious psychological implications here :D ) or was popular in the 50's and early 60's when I started to CD as a child.---The oranges, pinks or lighter shades did, and still do, nothing for me. If not a dark red, a bright pink or fuscha will do in a pinch.----other than that, I might as well have no lipstick at all. Are any of ya'll "sensitive" about lipstick color?

I have done some experiments of late with different colors, and have discovered that I think that the red shades are more effective in changing the the fullness and shape of my lips--better permitting me to "switch identities' so to speak--
With the lighter shades, I tend to see MORE of, or too much of, my male face "through" my makeup--I really think THATS the thing with me rather than some sort of TIME PREIOD or MOTHER "hangup" The dark reds are more "MASKING" and appearence altering than the lighter ones for me.

Joanne_'jojo'
12-28-2005, 06:25 PM
I too always liked the darker shades of red, however lately I have been using more softer shades and even pinks etc and moving the emphasis to my eyes.
I have a "Pink Ice" which is absolutely fabulous and I was shocked at how good it looks when I get the eyes right.

I'm having more fun with the makeup lately rather than sticking to the usual routine which was working fine. I'm blaming Carmandy - What not to wear for giving me too many ideas :)

Joanne

connie rotten
12-28-2005, 06:29 PM
The right lip stick is everything . If it wasn't I would have been content putting on chap stick. It has to be red lips on me. Everything I buy goes with red lipsticks. Looking like a hussy is important to me. The ****tier I can look the better I like it. That for me all stars with kissy looking lips ,and everybody wants to kiss pretty red lips. Right :kissing:

Adrianne
12-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Pink or red lipstick for me.

KatieZ
12-28-2005, 07:42 PM
en femme I like the darker reds also, but quite often I wear pink while in drab. It is almost undetectable, but it puts a smile on my face when I'm out and about.

Hugs

Rikki Elisabeth
12-28-2005, 08:36 PM
My opinion only.

Lipstick is an essential element of being female - regardless of age. Color is an accessory, just like shoes or a purse. The color is dependent upon the event [formal affair, dinner, party, etc.] If you are going casual wearing jeans, a sweatshirt, flip-flops, I would wear barely pink or gloss. If you are going to a Christmas part, I would wear a special party line...deep red, hints of pink, and gold in the center of the bottom lip.

monicawyer
12-28-2005, 08:52 PM
I have done some experiments of late with different colors, and have discovered that I think that the red shades are more effective in changing the the fullness and shape of my lips--better permitting me to "switch identities' so to speak--
With the lighter shades, I tend to see MORE of, or too much of, my male face "through" my makeup.

Hi Marina,

I've spent a very very long time working towards a point where I'm someway passable in public. I'm very out with CDing and will dress for days or weeks on end, going about normal day to day business. I find that a lot of the confidence I get for going out comes from regularity in how I look. I mean that I've found a hairstyle that works for me (I have my own long permed hair), I know what clothes suit me and my shape, and most importantly, I know what make up colours suit me. Or at least make me confident. I find that if I deviate from my regular lipstick, blusher etc and then find myself getting read more, I'm convinced it's the changes I've made to my regular look. My girlfriend (GG, very into makeup etc) trys to get me to match my lipstick to my pink scarf, red top etc but that change takes me outside of my comfort/regular zone. It may be that I might get read more as I may behave differently if I'm outside my comfort zone (and behaviour is critical to pasing) but I do agree fully with your theory that different colours and tones have a big effect on how much your face changes from male to female. I prefer to stick to my chocolates and nutmegs. Mx

Kayla Smith
12-28-2005, 09:37 PM
I would have to say for me, it is the brighter pinks, I think it looks better on me with my blonde hair( yes the hair is real). I do like red lip stick but my wife says that it does not right on me and for the most part I would have to agree with her. When I go out in "Every Day " mode, I either wear clear lip stick or a lip gloss (like the lip gloss I got for Christmas).

ReginaK
12-28-2005, 11:48 PM
It's very important. Some colors I know to avoid, because they make me look whorish. I've always loved subtle colors. Bronzes, dark reds. I stay away from pinks and bright reds.

Katrina
12-29-2005, 07:58 AM
While I think that the deep red is sexy, I tend to go for the colors that look good with my complexion and what I'm wearing. I think that the person's goals may dictate whether you go for the bold sexy colors or the more muted "regular" girl colors. When I was securely in the closet, I would have only used the deep red color. In fact, the very first lipstick I bought was a deep red. Now that I like to go out - even if it is only a few times, my goal is to be accepted as a normal woman, which means that its muted lip gloss for me.

Kim E
12-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Usually I wear medium to darker shades of lipsticks. I try to stay away from pinks, orange and light colors. Also I don't care for real bright reds. Lately I've been happy with some mauves and deeper reds. I blot them well to get a base color and then use different lip gloss over it to get the effect I want. Also been happy experimenting with lipsticks with a bronze or violet hue. I wear a wide range of purple colored tops and like the positive comments on my look when I use a violet shade of eye makeup with a subtle violet lipstick.

Kim

Jasmine Ellis
12-29-2005, 08:04 AM
I only wear deep red lipstick in gloss.

katelynmae
12-29-2005, 08:24 AM
used everything from pink to blue... none was perfect till i mixed em makes a nice plum :)

Deena
12-29-2005, 08:42 AM
I prefer dark reds when dressed but love light pinks when I am out in drab.

TGMarla
12-29-2005, 09:07 AM
I like reds, but I've found that with my complexion and hair color, a deeper shade, like a mauve is best for me. I like pinks on some girls, but not on me.

JoAnnDallas
12-29-2005, 09:33 AM
I perfer Reds and Pinks, unless those don't go with the outfit, then I use a shade that does go with the outfit.

While in drab, I use a shade called "Bronze Cream". It is so close to my natural lip color that no one notices that I have any lipstick on at all.

MsJanessa
12-29-2005, 09:44 AM
I used to go with dark reds only(cherry was My favorite) but a few years ago I became friends with at beautiful TS named Jennifer who is:dom: a cosmotologist---she helped Me a lot with hair and make up---regarding make up she suggested I go from a very pale beige foundation to a medium beige--It tends to hide the flaws better while the light shade highlights them---for lipstick she suggested brown shades---with a reddish tint---I still occasionally go with dark reds(when I want a dramantic effect for My B/DS/M sessions but normally I go with the brownish color---still looks really femme and girly but less dramantic(read clownish in some circles)---I use a slightly darker lipliner but not too dark. Mistress Janessa

suzy
12-29-2005, 10:01 AM
I have always used bright red. Glossy and/or lip gloss. Tried pink but it you could hardly see it. I want my lips to be noticed... So reds for me...

heathr1
12-29-2005, 01:11 PM
I love reds and mauves best.

A very kind GG I know gives me her used and unused lipsticks when she no longer wants them.

Christina Nicole
12-29-2005, 02:05 PM
I'll wear nearly any color that complements my outfit and complexion. I'm not too especially fond of lipstick colors in the brown family, but sometimes they are the right color, so I do wear them occasionally. I tend to minimize my use of bright red lipsticks. Those colors are not particularly out but women don't wear them too much. Bright red also attracts attention to one's face, which is probably not the right way to go for a crossdresser.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

christine55
12-30-2005, 12:11 AM
I seem to look best in reds or purples. Too dark and they do not look good and too light are not flattering for me. I wish I could find a pink that I look good in.
Hugs, Christine

Deanna2
12-30-2005, 12:40 AM
I would love to wear a deep red lipstick, like I love red nail polish. However, given my forgetfulness about taking it off next morning, I tend to wear lighter pinks which aren't so noticable if I do forget. My (lack of) memory is why I don't wear eyeliner very often.

Lipstick, however, is lipstick regardless of colour and I do love the feel of it on my lips. I would redo my lipstick at least six times a night.

tammie
01-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Hi everyone: My fav lipstick is pink. Almost the pink of natural lips. Maybe slightly brighter. My reason for this is becasue its so easy to get off fast. More important to me is that I adore the taste of Revlon lipsticks. I had one until about 2 months ago. I have a GG SO who knows I wear panties 24/7, but doesn't ever want to see me in a bra slip stockings or LIPSTICK. She was snooping [she reads my email, can U believe that] and she found my Revlon hot pink lipstick in a "secret" compartment of my shaving kit.

Well she went crazy screaming and demanding what else. Now she doesn't live with me and one day she opened my mailbox and brought in my mail and there was a package from an ebay sellor who I had purchased a LLPG from. She demanded to see me open it then went off on why I am wearing women's girdles etc. In every other way she is great, but I am not sure how long this will go on. If its an ultimatum between my lingerie and her, I will be sleeping alone, in my lingerie.

MandyTS
01-03-2006, 02:25 AM
I don't particulary do lipstick unless I am trying to be in a formal spirit. For me only light natual pinks and maybe a little darker red really work well. I have to look in context of my age also, which can be a problem if I want to pass effectivly. Really, lip gloss is the best anyway and sometimes I can get by with it in drab.

BTW, what is drab?

Mandy

veronica
01-03-2006, 11:06 PM
IF IT AIN'T PINK I BETTER RE-THINK:cute:

Lissa Stevens
01-03-2006, 11:23 PM
I like the brighter reds or earth tones, med. browns.

Deborah
01-04-2006, 01:56 AM
Generally yes i like to have my makeup match the outfit i'm wearing. Otherwise it doesn't feel right.

tara 24-7
01-30-2006, 07:21 AM
gotta go bright red, kisses tara xxxx

Amanduhrob
01-30-2006, 08:55 AM
It depends with me, if I'm wearing my bronzes, I wear a bronze or copper lipstick. If I'm wearing my pink, purple, & blue, I wear a deep red lipstick.

Jasmine Ellis
01-30-2006, 09:17 AM
A deep red for me.

eleventhdr
01-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Hmmm What more can you say about lipstick. I love lipstick!. Suzy!.

Lindahexi
01-30-2006, 09:43 AM
I like deep reds and darker shades of pink, but like them to be really glossy. When I'm out in drab I wear a Boots No7 nude, it's hardly noticeable but it feels good.; can't bear not wearing lipstick!

ErikaLeigh
01-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Well bright red is what I want, but it does not go with my complexion. I have bought many a tube of lipstick thinking it was the prettiest color, and only to put it on and find out it didnt work for me. I always save them if they dont work, and use them blended together with another shade to get the color I want. Im more into the calssy trying to pass look now, so I think that has a bearing on the color too.

jenny c
01-30-2006, 11:39 AM
I do love plum coloured lipstick but i do not have a preference really i have a good collection from subtle pinks to fiery reds but metallic ones are great depends on my mood or what i am wearing really.

Shelly Preston
01-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Fuchsia

Christian Dior

TaraB
01-30-2006, 03:30 PM
the natural color of your lip plays a big part in what lip stick works with you. Another big aspect is skin tone.

one thing i want to point out is please don't overdue the lipstick. If you don't have full lips overdueing the lipstick to try to create fuller lips only makes you look like a clown. Lip liner can help create the image of fuller lips but you arn't going to get Angelina Jolie's lips.

If your comfort level is good with drssing you might think about going into a Macy's and asking someone in the cosmetic department for help. They are all generally helpful....at least thats been my experiances.

Cathy J
01-31-2006, 06:54 AM
I don't think I even feel feminine unless I"m wearing a proper red frost or pink frost lipstick. Preferably one that matches my nails or is at least complimentary to them. I can put on all my other make-up but I don't feel complete until I do my lips.

I do not dress en-femme unless I go totally!! No sign of drab at all. Although if I'm short of time I sometimes am less thorough with eye makeup. It just takes so long to do a good job on my eyes, but always do the lips.

Here's to sexy lips.

Love,