PDA

View Full Version : Why do u cd?

Shannah
12-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Sorry, if this has been asked a hundred times. With me, it was initially a sexual thing. I love the feel and look of lingerie and turns me on to wear it. Now that I have an accepting g/f , I often stay dressed up after sex and sleep in my lingerie. I wake up so horny, with the feeling of stockings on my shaved legs and my breast forms on. The only clothes I dress in is lingerie, heels and things that make me feel sexy, even though I know I'm not. I don't have any desire to dress conservativly as a woman and love being a man, but my desire to dress up is definatley growing. Sometimes I wonder, that if I was passable, I would feel differantly about living as a man. It would certainly be fun to go out dressed as a woman, sometimes.
Has anyone here discussed their cding with a psychiatrist? And what did you discover about yourself?
Thanks, Shannah

susancheerleader
12-28-2005, 07:49 PM
I dress because it is comfortable. Mens cloths are often boring and tight, while many womens clothes not only look nice, but are comfortable also.
I never thought about seeing a pshyciatrist. Although society says it is wrong, there has never been any real evidence that it is a medical or psycological problem. Maybe a few Drs say it is, but a majority don't. (Based on what I have read.)

Shannah
12-28-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm not freaking out about being a cd'er. I am what I am and I accept that. Just pondering, really. Looking for others insites.

Shan

kwebb
12-28-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't know. I keep thinking to when I was 10. What made me do it. I think I have some femme tendencies way back then. I think alot of things tied into it to make me do it. It certainly became sexual, but I certainly did not do it the first time to get turned on by it. It was these butterflies in my stomach back then. No erection, just this overtly giddy , finally 'at home in my skin' feeling, at 10 years old, wow.

It is fascinating. Has anyone ever read JJ Allen's Man inthe Red Velvet Dress when he talked about a quest to possess the 'erotic mother'?

MarinaTwelve200
12-28-2005, 08:50 PM
I CD to temporally escape from my own self, if only for a little while. Not that i hate my male self, but I find CD releases STRESS, both personal and that associated with being a male---and lets me really unwind and relax like no other way I have ever found. From what I understand, about HALF us Hetro CDs are like me.

And of course there is also a SEXUAL turn on element too. What red blooded hetro guy cant look down at a pair of sexy legs or see a pretty female face inches away in a mirror and not be turned on to an extent? ---I have since discovered that the sex element is but the BONUS to the escapist de-stressing.

I beleive I DISCOVERED the benificial effects of CD out of the adolescent curiosity that drove me to my first CD experiences---And those good feelings perpetuated the habbit of CDing in me to this day.

Now the other half of CDer's, I understand, rather to escape their Male self, CD to GO TO what they percieve as their "real" fem self. Really its the inverse condition and reason as the above, but we both achieve our goals of identity dropping or switching by CDing.

Fetishists, sexually driven and SM hetro types may also CD, but for different reasons than the 90%+ of the other CDers that make up the 2 camps described above.

Now as far as those who CD because they think that they are a woman trapped in a male body--They are called Transexuals (TS) Yes they CD but for entirely different reasons than above. and they are usually not hetro. in this case CD is but a symptom of TS

Rikki Elisabeth
12-28-2005, 08:54 PM
I have always been a girl, inside. CDing is being able to her breathe. The more she is out, the more she wants to be out. I knew that I was different when I was 5 but I always thought I should beel guilty because I was a boy. I know better now.

kwebb
12-28-2005, 09:13 PM
During those early early years I felt as though I was back home. To a place where I really belonged. I had always felt like 'one of the girls' and related to and got along with better, felt better about me when I was around and conversing with other women. It is the same to this day. I could only dream about going out 'with the girls ' as one of them. Whenver I am around other men I get agitated, nervous, always felt I don't measure up. They used to always talk about their sexual exploits. I was sooooo different from them but I had to try and fit in since I am a male person. Then there are some days I feel totally masculine I guess. This whole thing is just mind-boggling but its prolly quite simple.

I would rather be dressed and in a room full of women, just hanging out with them than in a room full of other dressed CDers.

katie7y6
12-28-2005, 09:14 PM
I first crossdressed at age 5,thank god for older sisters, so there has never been a time in my life that i remeber not CDing. It has never really been a sexual thing for me or anyting. Its more about the role. Being in girls clothes just feel right to me. Also, I am a much more relaxed person while in girl mode. As a male I am ultra competitive and stress out about small stuff easier. But as a girl I believe I am much more caring about other peoples feeling and pretty much a better person.

ReginaK
12-29-2005, 12:07 AM
To be completely honest, I differ from most CD'ers. I rarely did it as a child and I was able to completely stop throughout my teens. I've always genuinely adored crossdressers and transsexuals. I am a case of an admirer wanting to become the admired. I dress completely willingly, although it would be pretty darn hard to stop me now. :o

So I guess I do it simply because I enjoy it, I enjoy the people it has brought me close to, and I enjoy the world it has introduced me to.

Monica55cd
12-29-2005, 12:43 AM
This is the very question my GF has been asking me all the time since I came out to her......I guess I'm not really sure why I do... I have seen a therapist a few times and I probally should see her again... I started in my pre teen years I remember getting dressed by my sisters for holloween one year and I feel in love with the feeling of the clothing...then it became asexual turn on too... i was able to supress it for quite awhile in my late teens and early 20's but by my late thirtys a stagnate marrige and the feelings came back and now that i have let my GF know about it its moving on at full speed and i cant slow it down.... i just wish i had eperienced dressing fully like i have now back in my teens or 20's when i would have looked much better....
I guess thats the hardest thing to deal with now. ... at 50 its impossible to look like the young woman i want to...
Monica

trisha_anne
12-29-2005, 01:01 AM
It is hard to say why I started crossdressing. But in the early stages it was purely for sexual turn on. It still is a turn-on to this day because it is just so stimulating to me. I love the feel of the clothes and I have a very strong shoe fetish. But more and more I have been using my cding as a form of meditation or as a stress reliever. It helps me escape from life for awhile and be myself. I definitely like womens clothing better then mens and if I could I would probobly dress 24/7 though I have no desire for SRS. I am a complex crossdresser I guess. So if I had to pick a reason for doing it I would have to say because that is just who I am. I am a man who loves every thing about womens clothing.

Diann
12-29-2005, 02:08 AM
Don’t bother with the therapist unless there specialty is CD’s or (TS) most know less than us, but wouldn’t admit it.

Monica, trisha_anne Jenny ……You girls kill me I couldn’t said it any better myself what you all said that’s me really How did you know! If we ever got together we could talk all night. Love Diann

Imogen_Mann
12-29-2005, 03:24 AM
Every tme I think about the W question's (Why, Where, When) I come up with different answers. Over the years I'v pretty much accepted that it was sibling jealously that startd me off, my sister was terribly ill, and got ALL the attention for two years when I was three and four years old... So I guess I figured... Being a girl = Getting attention. Why I kept doing it, when as I grew up things evened out between sis and me ? I don't really know... I just LOVED dressing up, it was a secret, which was fun and exciting, it was 'my' thing that no one else was doing and I was also my own imaginary friend.

In the teens, puberty hit me like a freight train... My right arm grew to epic proportions, but it was not exclusivly while dressed that I was turned on. It was however during my teens that I discoverd a few new things fitting in alongside my dressing... Ie, the non dressed me fantasizing endlessly about various females (no names) yet as soon as I was dressed... My sport teacher (male obviously) became the object of my, shall we say... desires.

So there I am, I love dressing and it takes on a big sexual angle too... I had realised I was never going to stop despite visits to various psychologists and psychoanalists. My mother seems convinced to this day that there must be a cure... I'm shocked I was never taken to a phrenologist or a fiziognamist, in thier futile and irritating attemps to cure me, when, to my mind... I'm not in any way ill.

I AGREE STRONGLY with Diann's comment....Don't bother with the therapist unless there specialty is CD’s or (TS) most know less than us, but wouldn’t admit it". I have seen (not through choice I might add) many head shrinkers and they were all talking through the backs of thier necks ! GRRRR !! When I think of some of the BS I had to listen too, and that my parents did in fact listen to and act upon !!! IDIOTS !!!!

Right.... I'll leave it at that.

XX

Jayme

Lawren
12-29-2005, 09:38 AM
For me, it started out as curiosity, then I went thru the whole sexual thing. But now I dress up more because I simply love the way the clothes feel on me. I also love the endless variety of clothes that have become available to me. Now I know why GGs so often get addicted to clothes shopping. :)

suzy
12-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Why do I CD??

Well, because I absolutely love women, ladies, femininity.... I love everything about it. It brings life to all of my senses.... The way the nylons feel and the lipstick feel, the smell of the perfume, lotion, lipstick. The beauty of the clothing. the fabrics.

It is such a turn on sexually and sensually than I can't imagine not doing it. I am content with myself as a male, and I'm content with myself as a Wannabe lady.

As a by product, when I'm dressed I'm more understanding and compassionate. My wife likes me as a person better when I'm dressed...I'm not as mean, and have genuine feelings for others moreso than as mt male counter part.....

Make sense?

MsJanessa
12-29-2005, 09:56 AM
The real answer why we do it is that it's FUN---all else is psycho babble--Incidently to Susan in Maine---in this state it's no longer wrong in society's eyes---a new law just became effective yesterday which, in addition to protecting gays and lesbians and transexuals, also protects anybody from discrimination because of their choice of "gender expression"---I can't think of clearer language protecting CDs. Janessa:dom:

Raychel
12-29-2005, 10:37 AM
I think that MsJanessa said it the best, Just because it is fun, If you like something do it! A famous quote from the past says. Ours is not to wonder why, Ours is to do or die.

And I fell like part of me is dieing if I don't get to dress. So I choose to do it.

chloemonroe
12-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Hi girls.
I think the reason I do it is because I look into the mirror when dressed and it just feels right.
I can't explain it, it's something deep down that psychologicaly feels right, to look into a mirror and to see a women looking back.
Women get to wear the most fantastic clothes, make up and jewellery.
To me, men just get stuck with the same old boring shirt's and trousers.
Yes there is something sexual about it I can't deny that, but for me it's certainly not the only thing, it cuts deeper than that.
I can trace my first experince back to when I was 5, now at that age I certainly didn't know what cross dressing was, so I tend to think it's something deeper, perhaps, I don't really know and I'm only thinking here, perhaps something happened during our births/labour, that in fact we should have been born women and not men.
It's a complicated thing and something I'm only just coming to terms with, perhaps it would have been so much simpler if we would have all been born women?
Anyway take care
Chloe
XXX

Tabathasiren
12-29-2005, 11:25 AM
I too agree with Janessa. I crossdress because I have a great deal of FUN! I am so hooked....

sweet_maria
12-29-2005, 12:25 PM
For me it was once a sexual thing but then it progressed to an expression of emotion. I feel more free and open as a girl. To me it is a simple outlet for my emotions and a way to relax and unwind from the turbulence of masculinity.

Wendy me
12-29-2005, 12:38 PM
ok yes it's fun , not just the dressing and clouthes and make up ,hair, shoes and everything that goes along with it , the shopping .....feeling good , feeling pretty but more so it completes me my cding lets me be me... a much better more happer person i belive a better person...

tiffiany
12-29-2005, 09:53 PM
For me its different as I dont see myself as a CD, but as being TG or even TS. I have felt like Ive been trapped inside the wrong body for most of my life. My parents got divorced when I was very young, so I didnt have much of a father figure around except for my grandpa. At 3 or 4 years of age I just decided one day to try on my moms clothes, well mom caught me but thought nothing of it. Not sure why I did it, it just somehow felt normal to me. Years later for some reason I remembered dressing and the desire to try on my moms clothes came back. For a while I was able to dress, but I eventually got into a habbit of stealing my moms clothes. One day my mom found them under my bed and after having a talk with my stepdad (at that time they wernt married but were living together), they sent me to couseling as a way to try to cure me. Well they sent me to the therapist and because of how guilty he made me feel, I stopped dressing and my parents stopped sending me to the therapist. Well eventually it came back and they sent me back to the same therapist. But he didnt seem to help as at that time I doubt any therapists knew much about crossdressing or being TG.

Since my parents saw that it wasnt working, they stopping taking me to the therapist. At this time I knew there was something wrong with me but I didnt know what. Wearing the clothing seemed natural to me. Off and on I would dress and when my parents would find out they would make me feel so guilty and I often became depressed. When I was in 5th or 6th grade, I started questioning myself and came to the conculsion that I was either gay or TG in some way. I had a hard time when puberty set in. All this stress and guilt caused me to have an ulcer. I remember the doctor wondering why such a young kid like me had an ulcer. For someone my age to have an ulcer was unheard of at that time. I remember countless nights not being able to goto sleep because of my ulcer acting up and my mom asking me why I was stressed and all I could do was either cry or say nothing.

I often kept myself emerged in projects, reading books and playing games as a way to not think about what I was, I tried to shut out my feminine self but times she showed herself and it made me happy but guilty at the same time. I trully wanted to express my feminine self but because of my stepdad, he often would make me feel so guilty that I tried not to express myself. I often was defiant when he would tell me to do things, this was my way of getting back at him. I often heard the black and white analogy, how one sees things from a mindset. I concentrated on studies, and tried to participate in school sports even though I knew I was never good at it. I never had that many friends because most of them couldnt understand what I was going through. I had trouble dating girls throught my school life. I was more intersted in having them as friends then actually dating them. There were times that I hated my outward apparance so much that I would eat to comfort myself. This led to me being overweight most of mylife. Now that I am on my own I have had the chance to express my trueself. Im at the point now where I would like to go out and try to pass. As well as I have thought alot of about coming out to my parents and friends. Im not too sure if I want to go on hormones yet, only time will tell.

Thanks for listening.

Rikki Elisabeth
12-29-2005, 09:59 PM
I admit that I am a coward.

I CD because I feel like a woman and I "look" like a woman. BTW, I know that I am female inside. Rikki keeps wanting out more and more and I don't mind. I would love to be able to birth a child, not just contribute to the birth. I know that I am in the wrong body. I am doing something about it. [But cautiously.]

Deanna2
12-30-2005, 12:23 AM
Like many of you have said here CDing is fun. There is nothing like the swish of a mini skirt around my thighs or the clack of my high heels on parquetry.

But it is a lot more than that.

Wearing femme gear is so relaxing. I don't have to do the full bit with make up and wig (although I do from time to time). I feel so natural in just a cami, mini skirt and heels. I wander around for hours dressed like that doing all the things I would otherwise do in drab, but feeling a whole heap better because I am dressed up.

LisaRaye
12-30-2005, 12:37 AM
I love being me I love cding but sometimes i think otherwise but for the most point it is fun looking better than some women..:) :) :)

Dana
12-30-2005, 01:38 AM
Why? If I had a dime for everytime that thought went through my head! LOL!

For me its a lot of different things on many different levels. First because, it "clicks" for me, not just sexually (it certainly does that ~ that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) but mentally ~ but more so emotioinaly ~ and dare I say it? On some level "spiritually" in that it moves my inner spirits!

Its cetainly relaxes me and de-stresses me. Takes me to another mental and emotional state that I would otherwise be deprived of as "just" a man.

The self pampering, self indulgence of it! For me there's a narcissictic side ~ selfish side!

Its releasing my total person, ~ my total being ~ expressing my total soul!

Its releasing myself from having to play the stereotypical role of the sterotypical male all of the time ~ ( spelled BORING), its stepping outside of the ring , off the court, or off the field for a moment! Not having to constantly being tested over and over and over again. Not costantly having to prove myself to be worthy enough. For a moment I can be vulnerable, one of the "weaker~sex" and not constantly being expected to put one across the goal posts, or through the hoops, nor snatch the brass ring from the bull's nose all of the time! Its a time for me!

I don't have to be the guy with all the ansewers to all of the questions, nor all the solutions to all the problems. I don't have to strive for a 4.0 nor a .1000 batting average.

Because its stepping outside of myself, exanding and exploring my horizions, different possibilities, different realities, different experiences. It boradens my mind, my perspective. It enriches me, my being, my exsistence, my my spirit, my soul.

Because it taboo! LOL!

Because it would shock others (which is most) if they only knew!

Because I like feeling pretty ~ but all the more I like feeling "girly" and experiencing femininity~

Because its just plain fun!

JanMuller
12-30-2005, 06:47 AM
I have been in therapy a number of times over the years. Mainly about major depression issues.

I've been with my current therapist just over a year now after hospitalisation for major depression triggered by work related incidents.

This time I've made very real progress and have managed to shift the depression and get off all medication! I have felt so much more confident and capable and more comfortable with myself. After a lifetime of having to be what I wasn't (a man, a lover, a husband, a bloke) I am now able to be who I am and to accept myself for that.

I have to say, however, that my therapist was just a little stunned when I turned up a month ago with my very first lingerie outfit on and my new personna in dominance. My feminine side, Jan, had finally broken out. It was wonderful and we're still flying. Shopping, dressing, chatting and all the other nice girl things.

So now there are three parts of me, the young boy who is finally getting the love and nurturing he so desperately needed, the mature male John who has suffered long enough and then Jan who's making up for all those lost years! Wow!

Cheers Jan

Meag
12-30-2005, 02:43 PM
I really don't have a clue, I do really feel a need to be in womens clothes. I just feel so much better in women's clothes. My wife still works and I take care of the house, doing things that are commonly "women's work", I feel better doing them as a women, to me I am in my element. In drab, I feel I am not doing what I should be doing, like cooking, washing dishes, laundry. That's MEAG's job, so I am Meag most of the time, as Meag I must hide my male things, and they are getting use to it, and it makes me that more lady like.

Meag

BarbaraLoveToDress
12-30-2005, 03:07 PM
I remember the first time I got the urge. It just came to me I got my mothers stockins out of her dresser and had to put them on. I don't thinkk I ever felt better. I was about six. I remeber wearing and smell of her girdle. I started that way than strted to wear all of her other clothing. My mother dressed in mini's and all young girls stuff. It was such fun and a turn on. Sometimes I just wish I was a women, it would be so nice, I love dressing ****ty, I love the feel of womenn's cloths. It is great driving abound with a short skirt on, body suit, pantyhose and heels. I wish I could always dress. Hope to see you on the net.

Barbara

Girdlewoman
12-31-2005, 12:01 AM
I don't know what made me start. I was @7 years old. I started with girdles and still can't live without them. I have gone through the whole guilt and puzzelment thing. Now I'm a mature t-lady who enjoys going out and come and go as I please. It is just a part of me and once I accepted it, it got so much better. I continue to grow as a t-lady and I love it and conside it to be a gift. I'll never stop, I just want to keep getting better and better at it.

connie rotten
12-31-2005, 12:11 AM
One thing is for sure I am in love with the girl in the mirror:angel:

ginafaye
12-31-2005, 02:24 AM
its emontial phsical sexual right brain left brain chemical allmixed together calming exciting right thing wrong thing its unexplainable but yet i want to tell everyone here

Falcor
12-31-2005, 04:14 AM
Don't really know why,were we meant to be female?
All I know it felt good,loved floncing about in front of the mirror[my sister had a 3 way wrap around mirror]in my teens.Looked good too...Like a morris minor with a shiny hubcap,a very obliging sister feminising me most wonderfully.
After all these years,the rawness and hunger is more or less content,but it's still fun.
falxx

Angela Burke
12-31-2005, 05:11 AM
I just adore wearing female clothes.
From the girly dresses of my chidhood to the middle aged woman I dress as now. I would estimate I'm in skirts about 25% of the time.
I don't want to be a genetic woman, I'm heterosexual, and yet when I'm Angela I always think of myself and prefer to be addressed as "she" and "her", which has struck me as a bit odd.
I don't know if I'm a born crossdresser who had the advantage of being brought up in an almost totally female enviroment.
Or if I became a crossdresser because of the enviroment I was brought up in.
I've often wondered if I'd been raised in male dominated surroundings with no access to female clothing whatsoever would I still be a crossdresser?
Perhaps these circumstances apply to some of the girls here?
I'd be very interested to hear from them if they did.
So for me it's the clothes and acessories, I absolutely adore dressing as a woman.

Love Angela XX

Paula G 913
01-01-2006, 10:11 PM
I like the feel of the clothes and lingere when I am dressed, especially in a knee-length skirt and thigh-high hosiery, garter belt, low-heled pumps (back problems make wearing high heeled shoes a problem now), and a low neck blouse with a comfortable bra/inserts.

Dressing also give me a chance to escape from the daily pressures of life for a while, and gives me a chance to relax. I also dress to tap into my feminine side better, which allows me the freedom to become a more complete person overall.

There never was really a sexual thing for me, but it does spice up the sex life for my wife and I. My wife has always felt more comfortable being with women than men, and when I am dressed in the bedroom, she can relax and enjoy herself much more. She still has a problem with me dressed up outside of the bedroom, but we are working on a solution to that (I dressed up for her for New Year's & we enjoyed a lovely night together outside of the bedroom).