PDA

View Full Version : Toronto T-Girl scene. Where should I go for a first time outing?

Devyn
10-08-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm planning an outing for the first time with some straight GG friends. I'm looking for some of you who have first hand experience on the Church St neighborhood and surrounding area. I am passable but nervous. I have heard about Goodhandys, but I have heard mixed reviews. Also I have heard mixed reviews about El Convento Rico.
I want my GGs to have fun and I don't want to end up in a church st bar and be the only tgirl there, and its going to happen in the next month so I can really use some experience on this topic. Direct me lol! I really want some help to make my first night memorable

Dev

Beverley Sims
10-09-2013, 12:28 AM
Devyn,
Just going with your girlfriends will be enough fun for them.
I assure you they will support you and you would be hidden amongst them.
Others are likely to get noticed as much as you so you are not likely to be the star attraction.
If you are looking for LGBT or gay bars, be aware that they may not want to go and may feel uncomfortable as you may well be.
Let them take you to their own familiar stamping grounds where they know the ropes and the hazards.
Just have a good time and don't over do it.

Dalva
10-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Hi Devyn, welcome to the forum.

I live in Toronto too and asked the same question in this thread:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?200957-Places-people-and-events-in-Toronto&p=3291475&highlight=#post3291475

Maybe it will help, maybe not but Beverly makes a great point. Why not just try a quiet place for a cup of coffee first or something like that?

Also, I live up the street from El Convento Rico and from what I've seen, it might be a bit crazy for a first time....lots of straight, regular folk looking for a spectacle. There is also a drag queen that seems to be a "door person". she seems a bit over the top, in my opinion...just sayin'

Good luck. If you find a comfortable place let me know!

Devyn
10-09-2013, 05:51 PM
I have been out casually. I was more asking for a night time bar or club to make way to in the neighborhood. I should have specified.

I Am Paula
10-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Anywhere on Church st. is fine for a mixed crowd. None of the bars will scare your straight friends. Finding other CD's is hit or miss. Call Wildside and ask where the girls are going tonight.
Goodhandy's is NOT a good choice unless you're looking for t-working girls.

rita63
10-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Look up Xpressions, a trans support group has monthly pub nights and dinners. During Pride I had a good meal at a Japanese place at Isabella & Young, very nice, I was dressed and with a GG. As a tourist I've found I'm welcome dressed in downtown Toronto almost anywhere, although I don't drink. I'll be there this weekend for an AA Al-Anon conference and am registered as Rita. Shopping has been a pleasure as well. I just love going there. Get out and enjoy.

hugs rita

Tamara Croft
10-11-2013, 03:40 AM
When you have reached 10 posts more of the forum will open up to you including a section called Meeting Place where you will be able to post this and get more replies.