PDA

View Full Version : Over The Road Drivers

andreanna
10-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Evening all, Just sitting here in this truck stop for the night and I got to wondering...Soooo...........How many of us are professional truck drivers? Do you dress on the road, what do you do when you fuel up or do load checks? Myself, I do wear my bra and forms, girl jeans and of course panties. When I stop for a checks often i will leave my forms in place. The only time i will definately take them out is when I am fueling up ( is not the normal to have forms on at pumps with 10 or 12 other truckers filling up). Only once did i get worried when semi dressed was when DOT decided to check my paperwork. Anybody else have any experiences that they might share?

RADER
10-08-2013, 08:22 PM
A long time ago; when I was "On the Road" I never dressed, or under dressed.
I was to afraid of being Spotted. I drove a Flat Bed with Steel. Lots of check stops to tighten binders.
I was hauling Chrome Plated Shafting for Hydraulics.
They where shipped in paper tubes, and they would like to slide.
I still drive a Dump part time, I only do panties and Fem Jeans.
I have to wear one of those reflective vests, and a bra just would not fit in.
Keep it on the road friend, and stay loaded.
Rader

Connief
10-08-2013, 08:31 PM
I use to do the OTR thing. Almost always had a bra panties and girlie jeans on. Your right, do not wear forms while fueling, kinda like don't smoke like fueling, both can be dangerous lol. At night, I would wear a blouse and skirt, making sure there wold be a place to change out before a scale. And of course I did have a few nighties for sleeper time. Now I shuttle trailers locally at night. My run can be anywhere from 140 miles to 500 miles round trip and sometimes I do have the forms on while driving. Still, always a bra and panties under my work uniform, night are normally pretty cool here and with a vest and or jacket so far no problems. Have a safe trip driver!

nikkim83
10-08-2013, 09:45 PM
It really depending on how the day was shaping up. If I started my day with full tanks and no delivieries I would dress all day. I always had prepass in my truck and always ran legal so no problems ever. I had gotten to the point where I could shift an eaton fuller as good in a set of heels as I could in steel toed boots. Several days and nights were spent in the truck in Femme I used to love my restarts. I guess should I have gotten checked at the chicken coupe I would have slid a pair of boots on real quick but other than that if I am running legal and safe it is nobody else's business what I am wearing. I never did wear heels while driving in bad weather though. And I always pulled dryboxes or refers.

Somedays I miss the trucking life I now have an office job, but I guess the call of the open road never leaves fully goes away. Something about seeing the deer jump over the river in Wisconsin, or the long stretches in Texas and Oklahoma, the mountains of the Rockies, and if it weren't for bad dispatchers, planners, and shipping receiving clerks I may still be doing it.

Connief
10-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Nikkim, I could not agree with you more! prepass, legal and safe = being dressed much more while driving. The only way, no hot shot stuff for this girl. In a way I do miss the road, and like you, in ways you listed I do not. Although I still have to deal with bad dispatchers lol

Violetgray
10-08-2013, 09:59 PM
haha Perfect opportunity to post one of my favorite Weird Al songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZe83Ww6Fg

Annette Todd
10-08-2013, 11:30 PM
I drive routes that pick up daily and make several deliveries on each trip. I don't wear dresses or skirts as they are not very practical working around a truck. I wear fem jeans and shoes and usually a cami which I can camouflage with a button shirt and of course panties. I'm not into the bra and form thing so that is not something I worry about. I keep my nails done and recently had a full set of acrylics. Painted nails can sometimes get a double take but I don't let that bother me anymore. I've never really had any issues but I have scared some men who were going into the bathroom and felt the need to back up and make sure they were in the right one. as if the urinals on the wall weren't enough of a clue.

Princess Chantal
10-09-2013, 02:16 AM
I do city deliveries in a 5 ton and am required to wear an uniform and steel boots during work. However, I did go on a long haul trip to Calgary with friends several years ago. The driver is a transsexual and she wanted Vanessa and I to join her to make her feel more comfortable on her first trip enfemme seeing that we are seen as being very comfortable with interacting with the public.
Here's a video that a friend put together of the pictures tag teamed with Weird Al's song

Highheels on 18 Wheels (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buw2oI8crsE&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL96EFC02B60CB39BC)

barbie lanai
10-09-2013, 04:53 AM
That looked like fun.

Leah Lynn
10-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Been driving for 35 years. Started with buckets then a short stint with a reefer. Then it was flatbedding. I loved hauling steel, not so much drywall or lumber. Now I pull a tank, mostly in state. I never dressed on the road, and rarely underdress now. In case of a spill, I'd not want to strip down to bra and panties.

I do remember sitting in a truckstop one evening, just watching what was going on around the lot. A driver got out of his truck and went to shower. He came back to his truck in drab, climbed in, and emerged in about a half hour, enfemme. I sat there wishing I had clothes along and could go with her. Oh, well. But some drivers did notice her, and the CB was buzzing about it.

Hugs,
Leah

Notice my signature line, below. I've used that for a few months now.

StephanieDragg
10-09-2013, 09:53 AM
I am not a truck driver, but I've had 3 bfs in the last 4-5 yrs that are were truck drivers

artofbalance
10-10-2013, 07:46 AM
I run an ice box from the midwest to the east coast every week. I do wear a skirt most of the time. Much more comfortable as far as I'm concerned. The only thing I don't do is makeup on the road. Mostly because I drive for a company that is only myself and my boss, and we run the same route, see the same people, and he doesn't know. So fuel stops and customers, I have to dress as Nate. As far as getting stopped or running through the scales, I don't bother changing anything or worrying about it. First, I'd actually have to go through a scale, secondly, weight-wise I stay pretty good. I always drive barefoot though. The heels kill my ankles. My truck is a '94 and has no cruise control on it. So my foot always has to be there.
There was one day running through Chicago and someone was grouching on the CB that all truckers that drove Volvo's were Polacks. I asked him, since I wore a skirt, what should I be driving? He never did answer... I guess I'll just drive what I'm driving, a blue Peterbilt.

charla42
10-10-2013, 08:06 AM
I drove OTR for over 15 years,(mostly Flat-Bed). I did not dress while driving. But the traveling allowed me to get the chance to visit many Transgendered Support Groups around the country and make great friends. Loved visiting the Queen Mary Club in LA. Retired now and a Snowbird. Have a great day.

mmandy31
10-10-2013, 10:28 AM
I am otr I was going to texas a lot and I would stop at different walmarts mostly and buy lingerie clothes that I would wear in truck then change in blue jeans and tee shirt work boots when I reached customer to load or unload .
never no problem crossing border while dressed .

Chickhe
10-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Thumbs up to the girls with 18...

Allison Chaynes
10-10-2013, 11:35 AM
I worked for a major transportation company for several years in one of their shops. We had at least three TS girls who came through regularly and I knew of at least three CDs that came through the shop en femme.

andreanna
10-11-2013, 02:08 PM
cool video, and i am glad to see that you were in a kenworth also, nothing but the best. not to sure about driving in heels though, but since you only need the clutch to stop and start, i might have to give it a try, my 18 speed shifts as nice as an automatic. glad to see that there are a few of us, i run from the northern canada border to the mexican border and coast to coast, maybe see someone on down the road one day.

Denise Shelly
10-11-2013, 09:56 PM
by the request of my SO I don't dress on the road. As much as I would like to I respect her wish's

MisterEgurl
12-06-2013, 12:10 PM
I just started with a national carrier running dry vans. For the next two months, I have to team, but assuming all goes well, I'll be seated in my own truck and running solo after that. I plan on dressing to some extent, whether its just bra, forms, and panties under drab or more. For those days when I won't need to fuel or interact with customers, I'll probably throw on a skirt and blouse.

Rebecca Lynn 33
12-06-2013, 03:36 PM
As a local driver I would do panties and hose sometimes. Then I got to thinking how easily things can go wrong. I would not want to have an incident leave me incapacitated with them on. Earlier this year I escaped injury when the hoist broke while dumping a trailer. The trailer rolled but the cab stayed almost upright. I was sore and glad I didn't have panties on. I would have been furious if I messed them. LOL

Lori B
12-06-2013, 07:41 PM
......I have a CDL with air brake endorsement,,,only because I have to road test them after I work on 'em :doh::eek:,I hate the new engines with all the Emission controls,,,,give me an ol' 8V-71 Detroit any day :heehee:

AKKaren
12-07-2013, 02:03 AM
:battingeyelashes:35 years on the road and my alter ego has only appeared a few times. It just doesn't blend well...carhart bibs, boots and lace?? Naw.. I do enjoy the wonderful supporting underwear though....much better than men's breifs!

alice clair
12-07-2013, 08:44 AM
I don't drive over the road but I do drive a tow truck over the road, an f450 not a big truck but a truck. I always underdress with panties and sometimes a bra but not much else. Most of my work is local and everyone here knows me. I guess I am a chicken.

Pandys
12-07-2013, 08:59 AM
The only time (so far), I was bringing a straight job from FL to NH and I wore a short jean skirt and panties and wig. I would usually slip on pants and loose the wig when I stopped. The last time I fueled up was like 2 AM and the station was empty so I just got out, my heart was racing but It was great. I am sure I will do it again.

Beverley Sims
12-08-2013, 01:20 PM
When working in the service industry I would dress a lot whilst away at night.
Never mixed dressing with work.

RADER
12-09-2013, 12:27 AM
......I have a CDL with air brake endorsement,,,only because I have to road test them after I work on 'em :doh::eek:,I hate the new engines with all the Emission controls,,,,give me an ol' 8V-71 Detroit any day :heehee:

I drive a "Pete" with a real big "Cat"
Now those "Cats" have sharp claws, and can pull the guts out of
any hill with any load.
Nope!!! I will keep my Putties, they Purrr very well.
Rader

artofbalance
12-09-2013, 01:14 AM
Engine discussions! I'm in! I'm mostly in Detroits and MB powered trucks right now. It sucks. Some of the hills I run up, I have to be down in 6th gear doing 20-25mph. I miss my Cat powered Pete. I also miss my hood and gears. I'm driving mostly Cascadia's with 10spds in them lately. Darn near like driving a cabover, there is no hood!

Amanda_P
12-09-2013, 02:31 AM
I never dressed when driving but when I crawled into the sleeper for the night I would put on my night gown

Lori B
12-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Engine discussions! I'm in! I'm mostly in Detroits and MB powered trucks right now. It sucks. Some of the hills I run up, I have to be down in 6th gear doing 20-25mph. I miss my Cat powered Pete. I also miss my hood and gears. I'm driving mostly Cascadia's with 10spds in them lately. Darn near like driving a cabover, there is no hood!lol!......Cats are good,,,shame they got out of the on-highway business,,,guess the saw the light with meeting emissions ,,,,it's just was soooooo much simpler when there was linkage attached to the accelerator pedal instead of wires:doh::heehee:,,,you could actually fix something on the road instead of calling for the hook

Jackiefl
12-09-2013, 11:09 PM
My last personal truck before I got out of the business was a Pete. 379, with american class interior, big sleeper, Cat and a 15 speed. I think that Cats are the best power wise, but very expensive for in frame overhauls. I was told, the reason Cat got out of highway use was because they could not meet emission standards. That's why they went back to off road and industrial applications. I was also told Peterbilt a truck for a man to drive, They might have changed that song if they had seen me dressed while driving. lol

crazybiker
02-06-2014, 01:25 AM
Its nice to see that there are lots of girls here that are truck drivers. I just got into flat deck, and going to be running a freightliner I think. I'm just in training now, but run mostly everything but pipes. Our company doesn't want to haul them for the sake of safety. I was thinking when my gf comes with me to bring more girly stuff, else I think i'd be happy to bring my yoga (Lululemon) pants with me. Just sucks if I have to get out and go into the scale in case they want to do a quick check.

Patty F
02-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Driving late one night, wife was my team driver asleep in the back. I was wearing a dress when I came up on a scale, open of course, got pulled around because my IFTA sticker was coming off, I got out of the truck officer looked at me, pointed out the sticker told me to get it fixed and let me go. Boobs really do get you out of trouble.

Tracii G
02-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Spent 40 years doing the truck driving thing and it was a good life for the most part.
Had 3 of my own trucks hauling coal out of the strip mines in Eastern Ky to the coal yards from Ohio to Canada.Sometimes hauled dozers and other heavy equipment for the mines.
Had a stint where I pulled a flatbed then a reefer or dry box.
The last 25 years was for a retail grocery store chain. New truck good pay and was number one on the seniority list out of 80 drivers so I picked my runs and what time I wanted to go out.
Never dressed when I was trucking other than girls jeans and shoes.
The most fun I had was on the CB trucking up I 75 out of Tenn back to Ky. Had a Galaxy 73 V radio with the voice changer in it.
Set it to sound like a female and screw with drivers all night. Went by the handle "Little Beaver". Maybe I talked to one of you big truckers heading north on I 75 around midnight to 4:00 am.
Shiny side up greasy side down!!

Tina B.
02-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Thirty years a bed bug hauler, long and short hauls, underdressed often, but that was it, had a helper along most of the time. But I did break down in L.A. once, took a week to get back on the road, great way to get time to shop is a strange city.

Tracii G
02-07-2014, 12:20 PM
Takes a special kind of person to do the job thats for sure.
Deff not a 9-5 job.
Its cool that there are so many trucker ladies here.:)
I never bought into the whole trucker look/ image scene.You know the western shirts or cowboy boots.
As I look back now I would deff do the CD thing if I owned my own trucks again.

KatieV
02-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Thank you for sharing these stories; it shows that we can't be stereotyped and that we are from all walks of life. It must be nice to work alone and be able to wear what you want, when you want to!

Cheers!

Katy

Staci Roberts
02-07-2014, 03:01 PM

Haaa! From pantyhose and skirts to Jimmy two-strokes...all without missing a beat!

Roli F
02-07-2014, 03:07 PM
I have a UK 18 wheeler licence as well lol

HeatherBrett
02-08-2014, 02:50 AM
I'll definitely have to start stretching to look higher into those 18-wheelers that i drive next to on the freeway!