PDA

View Full Version : Unusual question

Ashlynn Marie
10-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Home with the infant Thursday, no wife for most of the day, or at least for 5-6 hours.
I was considering getting dressed en femme and going out to do some shopping for shoes, clothes etc. it's an exhilarating experience for me to be out in public.

Obviously I am the babysitter so I would have to take the baby with me.
Would this make me more passable as a woman having a baby en tow or would it give me away by drawing more attention as everyone wants to see a baby.

Good idea or bad?

Beverley Sims
10-08-2013, 11:52 PM
It depends on how passable you are.
I looked after a friends baby years ago and the conversation was about breast feeding and how do I take are of the baby.
Yes, I passed well.
If someone read you with an infant they maybe inclined to contact authorities, with possible embarrassing results.
No harm done but women are extremely protective of children.

NathalieX66
10-08-2013, 11:53 PM
A crossdresser with a baby, I get that. ....so will everyone else.

I would say that, after being out & about for 3 years, people will generally treat you nicely.

Complete passability is really quite hard unless you've done hormones (HRT), but don't let that hold you back. My feeling is the public accepts transgender people for the most part. I slipped through TSA and jumped on airplane from Baltimore to Atlanta and back while wearing a dress, so can you.

ReineD
10-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Depends on where you live, what you look like, your blending skills, etc.

If you're rather large and don't yet have the skills to blend well, and you live in a rural area, it might raise eyebrows. Yes, a baby will draw attention to you.

If you've been out before without raising eyebrows and you're accustomed to interacting with people, plus you live in an urban area where everyone goes about their own business, then I guess you'd be OK. The baby will still draw attention though.

Kate Simmons
10-09-2013, 01:39 PM
I used to babysit en femme when my kids were babies but never considered going out of the house with them. You have a lot to think about and planning just for a simple outing as any Mother well knows, attention being drawn to you aside from the fact. You would need to take diapers and other equipment, perhaps stroller and then maybe formula or whatever. You would also need to use a baby changer in a rest room if a baby would need changing. It would look kinda weird if a woman went into the men's room to change a diaper(as many men's rooms now have those changers as well). Unless you are super confident about going in the ladies' room, I'd do it in the car. When Moms take their babies out with them it's an adventure to say the least.:battingeyelashes::)

Joanne f
10-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Personally I would think that it is a bad idea as you only need one person to suspect that things are not quite as they should be then you will have questions to be answered and that will bring you more attention of the wrong type than you really want but I have never tried it so only guessing .

heatherdress
10-09-2013, 03:42 PM
What if you have an emergency (hate the thought) with the baby? Are you OK going to pediatrician?

Do you usually go out dressed? Does you wife know and is OK? Would you be OK meeting anyone with your baby?

If you are comfortable going out and can handle all situations while you were dressed, it does not matter. But if you might have to sacrifice attention or care, then it would be a bad idea?

Momarie
10-09-2013, 03:47 PM
If the parents of the baby you babysit for don't mind, why not?

Karren H
10-09-2013, 03:53 PM
A baby sounds like the ultimate crossdressers accessory!

Robbin_Sinclair
10-09-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm in the no camp.

I think that the particularly important thoughts were: 1. Women tend to be extremely protective of babies. 2. It only takes one to weird everything out. 3. What if you had an emergency or were somehow involved in an emergency?

Questions like how passable you are, what the parents think and where you live would be considerations but I think it is a bad idea. You are bringing a third person into the picture and that person is a baby.

Dangerous territory.

Zylia
10-09-2013, 04:21 PM
No, seriously a bad idea. If anything, it will make 'passing' harder, but that should be of no importance. If you have to babysit do just that instead of playing dress-up.

Bree Wagner
10-09-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm fairly neutral to the idea instead of good or bad it depends on your circumstances. As far as will it make you more passable, I'd say no. You'll be just as passable with the baby as you are without, but speaking from experience I guarantee it will draw far more attention to you.

-Bree

vallerie lacy
10-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Once again Beverley is right. You might end up with unwanted attention.

audreyinalbany
10-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm gonna go with the 'no's' on this one. Getting read, someone might think you're some pervert kidnapping this sweet innocent little thing , and that would be a crossdressers (or any ones) worst nightmare.

Gerrijerry
10-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Bad idea. Since you are saying how long your wife will be Gone. She does not know.
Too many things could happen with a child. Then what???

If your wife said ok that would help, still why go in that direction??

Eryn
10-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Mixed feelings here. On the odd occasions that I took my own babies out alone in drab I discovered that they are the definition of "chick magnet!" No way to avoid female attention while carrying an infant!

OTOH, a female carrying an infant isn't unusual but will still attract "sisterly" attention from other women. If you are reasonably passable and are willing to show confidence in your presentation then it might be viable. I don't think that I would portray myself as the mother, though, as there are too many ways to get tripped up. Better to be the spinster aunt babysitting to give Mom a break. That way you will deflect the conversations about bottle feeding, etc.

I certainly wouldn't do it without the mother's knowledge, though. If you get into a tight spot all you have to do is say "Here's Mom's number, call her!"

nikkim83
10-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Absolutely not, babies are attention magnets. For women and men alike, especially when one gets hungry or sleepy.

Chickhe
10-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Well...unless you are 100% self accepting and ready for any situation as you are then it may be a bad idea just because your mind will be focused on yourself rather than on the baby... If you are comfortable, confident, then why not? My only fear would be for the safety of the baby if you are going in to what could be a higher risk situation.

BLUE ORCHID
10-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Hi Ashlynn Marie, Be careful what you wish for it may not end up well.

moonedo
10-10-2013, 01:33 PM
I vote to wait until you can do it without the baby.

Ashlynn Marie
10-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks all.

It did sound good at first, but the scary part came out when people started saying that maybe people would have thought I was kidnapping the kid. I did not think it was worth it, though it is my kid and I could prove that.

I have been out in public, I have shopped in public places and have received compliments on my clothing, perfume and the rest so I was not even worried about that all that much. As far as I am considered, I am passable based on that.
I have struck up conversation as well during those encounters and felt comfortable talking with others.

Anyhow I ended up going, but I just underdressed instead. Even wore ladies jeans and nobody said a thing.

My small cutlet forms and a A cup bra to keep the small ones in that were not noticeable. It was fun. Maybe I'll be more adventurous next time.

Here is what I would have looked like. Do you think I am passable?
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=212130&d=1381289413