PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you read the male to female?

Rikki Elisabeth
12-28-2005, 09:25 PM
I don't mean to offend anyone but I really am interested in your opinions. Those of you who have ventured into the male to female crossdressing section...what do you think of the stuff we discuss?
I feel like you have the best of both worlds....no one says anything when you wear male clothes and then you can wear women's clothes and no one says anything. That isn't fair.

Abraxas
12-29-2005, 07:00 AM
Erm... Jeannie, Rikki is from your side of the field, so to speak.

As for Rikki's question, I do read the MTF stuff occasionally (haven't had a ton of time recently though). As for the stuff you discuss, some of it is interesting, while some of it I find dreadfully boring. Womens' underwear? Ick! lol

As for why girls would want to dress as boys-- This has been covered. However, it's EXACTLY the same as for MTFs. Shocked? Some FTMs do it for kicks, some as fetish, but I believe overwhelmingly, we FTMs feel mostly (or at least partially) male and the clothes are used merely as an outlet to express our inner feelings.

Mens' clothes can be unbelievably sexy! I'm the same way as Jeannie described-- girls will see a cute guy and hit on him. I'll ask him where he got his jeans or shirt.
I am not a crossdresser. I'm transgender. I wear male clothes because that's who I am. It's not for kicks, it's not for physical comfort (although mens' clothes are so much more comfortable than womens!). It's because I do not feel, in any way, that I am a girl. Sometimes when I get undressed to take a shower, I'll look in the mirror and do a double- take, "hello, where did THESE come from?!?! Oh, yeah..." When the clothes are on and I can't see the anatomy beneath them, I completely forget about it. I'm just one of the boys.

However, I do understand where MTFs are coming from, as it is the same place we FTMs are coming from, most of the time. I don't see why people don't understand we do these things for the same reasons.

CaptLex
12-29-2005, 10:50 AM
I don't mean to offend anyone but I really am interested in your opinions. Those of you who have ventured into the male to female crossdressing section...what do you think of the stuff we discuss?
I feel like you have the best of both worlds....no one says anything when you wear male clothes and then you can wear women's clothes and no one says anything. That isn't fair.

Rikki:

I'm not offended, but I'm getting really tired of hearing how we have it easy and you guys have it hard. I know it's a LOT harder on you to dress like women than it is for us to dress like men, but it's no picnic on this side of the fence either - believe me. :rolleyes:

As for your question, I read the M2F section all the time because there's a lot more activity going on in that area and not much in this one, so I go and see if there are any interesting threads over there. I like the threads that deal with inner thoughts and practical advice (and have learned lots there), but the ones that have to do with clothes or makeup I usually skip, as they don't apply to me. ;)

Actually, I think we can all learn from each other and would like to see more interaction between the M2Fs and the F2Ms. :cool:

Dapple
12-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Hi Captlex,
Dapple here, I agree with you all the way about learning from each other. I believe what drives us to do what (we both) do is pretty much the same thing

Rikki Elisabeth
12-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Thank you for responding. I know that things are not "easier" on the FTM side but they "seem" to be more acceptable by the nature of the clothing. Why are we separate? If I were a female, I would like other females [not per chance that I might like a guy]. I am female inside. I feel more female when I wear female clothing - not blue jeans, a crop top, and a baseball cap. Heck, I can do that now [with a stare or two.] So, what we are saying is that there should be a middle-ground forum?

Please....let's keep this dialogue going.

Kisses....

CaptLex
12-30-2005, 10:30 AM
So, what we are saying is that there should be a middle-ground forum?

Please....let's keep this dialogue going.

Kisses....

Hey, Rikki:

I don't know how popular a "middle-ground forum" would be, but I'd like to invite any and all MtFs to come over here and post anytime. :D I'm always interested when one of you comes to this side and asks questions or just shares things we all have in common. I hope you all know this is not forbidden territory and that the welcome mat is out. :)

I'm all for keeping the dialogue going. :thumbsup:

Terri Li
12-30-2005, 03:04 PM
I read the f2m and the m2f I like the news ans insights i get

you all are my family...

i am a gay cd (m2f) who has been dressing on and off since 13 years old and i am now 45. fetishes guy's butts, guys in leather pants, leather and vinyl and i like women who wear curvy shiny clothes, too

ive dyed my hair several times--i like chocolate brown-black because my own hair is dull mousey brown.

love all,
byronteri

Maria D
01-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Rikki:

I'm not offended, but I'm getting really tired of hearing how we have it easy and you guys have it hard. I know it's a LOT harder on you to dress like women than it is for us to dress like men, but it's no picnic on this side of the fence either - believe me.

TBH, I've always thought, or assumed, that it would be much harder for FTMs. That's based mainly on gut feeling because women can wear pretty much anything and still appear a woman. That is to say, a skirt is a signal of 'woman', or if an obvious man is wearing it, 'crossdresser', but there don't seem to be many clothes that obviously say 'man', so FTMs might have to rely on more subtle visual cues, and perhaps to alter body shape more.

That's probably very wrong, and I'd be interested to hear the truth. Either way, we're just different ends of the same string, and I'd much rather see mutual help than 'you have it better'. The ultimate point is, what we LOOK like doesn't matter, because we don't feel right as we are.
Not that I can help much, of course, but I would if I could :)

Take care
Maria
xxx

Abraxas
01-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Yeah, Maria, that could well be true. If I want to be out as TG, and people see me and assume that I'm lesbian or a tomboy (since most people have never heard of FTM transgenderism/ crossdressing) that leaves me with a problem.
However, if I do pass, then I'm still not being entirely honest, now am I?
Really, I would prefer that the person in the street- types see me as male but people I actually know or speak to on occasion, friends and such, know everything. And that's a hard line to walk.
As I think I've mentioned before, it's a lot harder to come out backwards than forwards (that is to say, it's harder to tell people the truth when they think I'm male, than it is to say "No, I wanna be a guy" when they ask me why I dress/ act/ represent myself like I do).

I'm probably talking myself in circles here lol but yeah, I think you've got a good point, and I've thought that myself, too.

mistunderstood
01-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Dear Rikki,
I agree it is easier for women to get away with cross dressing. But what is hard is to find help and support. This group is the first web site that is really active on this issue of F2M. I have spent 2 months on looking for a group like this. Lots of things I have read on cross dressing has only applied to M2F. I have been cross dressing for 14 years and no one has ever said a word to me about it. I am on my way to start on my journey of finding my true self. In the world it is ok for us G.G's to steal our boyfriends cloths. So I agree yes it is not fair.
So with saying that keep your chin up and good luck.

Mistunderstood

joni-alice
01-09-2006, 10:54 AM
I just started reading the ftm a few days ago and find it interesting. For lack of a better word, the posts are "tougher."
j-a:cool:

mistunderstood
01-10-2006, 01:05 PM
I too am able to get away with it. I think my friends have known for years they just do not ask. It has just been in last 2 years that I have come out to the people about this. I think why I can get away with this has I have always worn a ball hat. I have crossed dressed for 15 years. My Mom knew for about 10 years. She has passed away 5 years ago but she never had said a word either way.She never tried the whole "why don't you dress more girly" crap, and for that I love her more for.
As for quilt I have reached the point of I'm happy as who I am. Yes I would like to reduce my breast but I can live with it if I have to.
It is great there is this web site.

mistunderstood

Charlene Marie
01-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Rikki, Hi, actually this is the first time to view this section, and I find it very similar to ours. But you are wrong when you say guys who dress as women dont get starred at or hear insulting remarks. We do, it just depends on how we look and where we are.

watts
01-24-2006, 12:00 AM
I think that it is probably easier for a woman to get away with dressing as a man, but really the widespread lack of knowledge about FtM, among other things, even out the difficulties. We have somewhat different hardships, but I don't think that either side of the coin has much more weight. I certainly don't envy FtM's having to deal with general ignorance of the choice. At least as a MtF even though some people might not accept who I am, there are still a growing number who at least would know what it entails.

I'm curious, I would almost expect it to be more difficult for male oriented FtM's to find accepting SO's than it is for us FtM. Any thoughts?

swiss_susan
01-24-2006, 10:39 AM
I think the degree of ease any of us have with our lifestyle depends on each of us individually. Though I will admit I never really thought of F2M crossdressing before I came to this site. I like many I guess simplym thought of it as tomboyishness.

But having read many post in this section I see how wrong I was.

Susan

PS. mistunderstood, it is mosst certainly not acceptable for you to steal our clothes. I have to search the Girlfriends luggage before she leaves to make sure she is not running of with my rugby shirts. And She is not even a crossdresser. :D

Though I am curious as to why there are so few of the guys (are there any) posting in the other forums, i.e. politics, religion. Is it just that there are not that many, how many members are there in the F2M category

CaptLex
01-24-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm curious, I would almost expect it to be more difficult for male oriented FtM's to find accepting SO's than it is for us FtM. Any thoughts?

I can't speak for everyone, of course, especially since we are of varied sexual orientations, but I will say for myself that it is difficult for me to find a compatible partner. Not sure, but I think this stems mostly from my not being girly. I'm also curious to know how others are faring in this area.

CaptLex
01-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Though I am curious as to why there are so few of the guys (are there any) posting in the other forums, i.e. politics, religion. Is it just that there are not that many, how many members are there in the F2M category

Hey, Susan:

Actually, I am a member of both the religious forum and the political forum, although I don't post at either one as often as others. I think generally there are less F2Ms than M2Fs here, so that may be why there aren't too many on the other forums. :doh:

mistunderstood
01-24-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm lucky my girlfriend does'nt care. Matter fact she is real supportive of me trying to go guy all the time.

NorriesMom GG
01-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Hello, although i am not a FTM, I am mistunerstoods gf. I love it when she dresses like a guy, infact, the idea of her in a dress is just creepy. Also, i think my parents are able to handle the fact that i'm lezzie because of the fact that she looks male. Its messed up, but hey, whatever works for them i guess.
Blessings, and fuzzy slippers,
~Liz~

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi Liz,

If it's not too personal for you and Misunderstood, I'm just curious if you've got a butch-femme relationship? If so, I could see where it might be more acceptable to your parents since they could see the roles as kind of equivalent to a "traditional" relationship.

NorriesMom GG
01-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Marlena,
I have no problems with you asking, and yeah, we are a butch-femme couple :) And the whole traditional relationship thing your right on. Funny though, mom sees Candy as male, yet when she talks to others about us its "the girls", lol:D Oh well, i wouldn't want her any other way.
Blessings!
~Liz~

mistunderstood
01-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Hello Marlena. This is mistunderstood. Some time yes we have butch femm days. Most part though we split things. I cook she cleans, but even that changes. Some times she's the calm one and sometimes I am.

Terri Li
01-25-2006, 01:41 PM
If i had my choice for this life i would have been born african- or mexican- american

in school if i were to wear leather pants, i had better be an awful good dancer or i just had a gay problem or i thot i was black or both.

i loved the silky leathery clothes and i was attracted to men especially guys in tight pants

i said all this to say i would have rather been cool sexy or able to wear anything i liked...the black or mexican guys could.

my natural hair is flat yucky mousey thinning. and doesnt perm well either.

byron

mistunderstood
01-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Yer right. I just ment that a lot of G.G's borrow gloves and hats when there cold or if they need clean socks in a pinch. Some times a shirt. Here in U.S. I see G.G's doing it all the time.

gennee
01-28-2006, 11:14 PM
I am an MTF who reads the FTM forum. I read them because I want to know you all better and we are part of the same family. It's too bad there aren't more FTM forums but count your blessings about this one. I find your posts interesting and feel that go through much of the same things. Keep writing the posts because we can learn and grow from each other.

Gennee:rose2: