PDA

View Full Version : Informed consent therapist in San Francisco

jennytvx
10-09-2013, 01:36 AM
can anyone recommend any therapist in san francisco who practice informed consent. I'm having problems selecting one. I had been DIY hormones for four years and want to go the proper way. I have insurance, so I can't really visit a clinic. the clinics want a referal letter from the doctor before proceeding.

AllieSF
10-09-2013, 01:57 AM
Try the Transgender clinic on Market street near Octavia and Valencia. They should be able to direct you in the right direction. Good luck.

LeaP
10-09-2013, 07:16 AM
I'm guessing that you misunderstand what informed consent is about. It is not a substitute for a therapist's diagnosis, a shortcut, or a way for a therapist to move responsibility. One of the therapist's duties is to insure that you are *capable* of giving informed consent, and the only responsible way to do that is conduct a normal psychological exam. That said, people who have been seriously self-medicating DO get fast-tracked, as it's regarded as preferable to be treated within the medical system than not. You should have no problem with any reputable therapist.

jennytvx
10-22-2013, 07:43 PM
thax for the info lea, i have an appointment next monday. She will be the first stranger that will hear my life story.