PDA

View Full Version : Anthem insurance srs coverage?

Jonianne
10-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Just researching some on the internet, I saw that Anthem now covers srs, at least in some states. Does anyone know anything about this? You can find their new policy on the internet, but I'm not sure if this is company wide or just specific locations and policies.

AllieSF
10-09-2013, 07:48 PM
One of the tricky things about insurance is that the policies of each company vary so much within that company. For insurance provided by the company you work for, the company selects the provider of that insurance and then selects what type of coverage they want for their employees from a list of options provided by the insurance companies. Now, if you are looking at policies offered to the general public and are not part of an employers group policy, and they are offering this type of coverage than that is very good. Best thing to do is to just contact the company and ask questions.

donnalee
10-09-2013, 09:13 PM
CalPERS, the entity that handles medical and retirement for California State and numerous city, county and other employees, has announced that they will now cover transsexual medical expenses. This is such an important thing that it might be worthwhile to consider a career change and to start looking at job offers with California Public Employment.

Angela Campbell
10-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Yes it would be nice to find a policy that will cover at least some of the costs of SRS but so far I have not found it. If I did I would drop my company plan and spend my money there.

What I do have through my company is a medical savings plan that they match which can be used for medicines, electrolysis and even facial surgeries. There is a limit to how much you can save though.