PDA

View Full Version : Friendly areas in Southern Louisiana

Stephanie Lynne
10-10-2013, 03:48 PM
I just relocated to southern Louisiana. I'm new to this site, although I've enjoyed reading about others experiences, feelings, and thoughts. I've been out en femme a few times in Dallas and loved being called ma'am for the first time. I've learned where some of the safer and friendly places are there. Being new to New Orleans area, I would like to know of others who have been shopping, movies, restaurants, etc. en femme in New Orleans area.

Nikki A.
10-10-2013, 09:16 PM
I've been to NOLA this past spring. Although I played it drab due to being with my kids and we had a lot of work to do, I had a feeling anything would be acceptable there. Especially down by the French Quarter and Bourbon street

Beverley Sims
10-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Mind you at night, walking down Bourbon st. however you present M or F you do need eyes in the back of your head and have your wits about you.
Those streets off to the side are real DARK and deserted in appearance at night.

MissTee
10-10-2013, 10:42 PM
I have a second home in NOLA. On Burbon St almost anything goes, and I doubt anyone would confront you for dressing since there is a lot of street TG acts. As Beverley mentioned, though, be careful not to stray off the beaten path. That's true for anyone. And don't go it alone. Way too many stories of bartenders spiking drinks of the unsuspecting. Then, their buddies pick them off down the street when the drugs kick in and poof the victim vanishes. Happened to a friend of mine, but fortunately we got to her and wrestled her from them before they got her in the truck. Although that sounds scary, its not just a New Orleans thing. Happens everywhere great numbers of tourist congregate. Same scenario in Washington DC when I lived there. Paris, Amsterdam, Cairo, Chicago, Seattle, Anchorage too. All of them. Tourist = easy prey.