PDA

View Full Version : Fear not going out....

5150 Girl
10-11-2013, 10:19 AM
I've said it before and I'll do it again; this time with evidence... Fear not because people are so wrapped up in their I-phone to notice or care what the next person is doing!

NicoleScott
10-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Maybe they're sending their friends a "I just saw a tranny" pic.

Kate Simmons
10-11-2013, 10:52 AM
They probably sent a text to the person right next to them. :heehee::battingeyelashes::)

HCarla
10-11-2013, 10:55 AM
This month it will be my first time going out, im so excited!

Chickhe
10-11-2013, 11:31 AM
I don't think Einstein said that... but, its true that most people don't care what you look like...I don't buy it that nobody pays attention to what is around them, maybe many do not, but there are a significant number who do and who respect you enough not to make an issue of it. Case in point, I once saw a person dressed up like a fairy god mother in the store shopping and everyone pretended not to notice her and there were no negative comments either...but I bet most people did see her and just didn't make it their business.

GaleWarning
10-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Sitting in a carriage on the tube here in London, it is noticeable that everyone is playing games on their smartphones these days, still trying to avoid any social interaction. I remember when everyone hid behind a newspaper. At least these days one can amuse oneself by actually seeing the faces of one's fellow-travellers!

(Sorry for the formal prose ... the Queen lives close by.)

:heehee:

Beverley Sims
10-11-2013, 11:48 AM
I love the underground, if you want a seat on a crowded train, speak in a loud voice.
You can get a seat just as Moses parted the sea all those years ago. :)
I have lots of stories about riding trains all around the world and passenger reactions.

Some of the best do come from Great Britain.
The fire on the train from Edinburgh to Glasgow is probably the best.

Judith96a
10-11-2013, 12:11 PM
OK Beverley, I'll bite - what was that about fire on the Edinburgh /Glasgow train? I used to be a reasonably regular passenger when I lived in Edinburgh.

kimdl93
10-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Technology has compartmentalized and isolated us from each other. Now CDrs resort to forums like this to interact!

I do see a problem. Once we all listened to a broader range of ideas, tv shows, music etc. now we each select our preferred version of reality. The isolation comes at a cost.

SherriePall
10-12-2013, 08:43 AM
It's really bad when two people are sitting in the same small room texting each other rather than talking.