PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - traveling to US

hasi
10-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Hi all,

Let me introduce my self first. I am a CD from Sri Lanka and I am hoping to travel to US for 1 month for some business work. I thought this is a good opportunity to have some CD fun there. :) This is my first international travel. :heehee: I have lot of questions. :straightface:

So I would like to know about

1) local laws about CDing for visitors. ( I am visiting to Arizona )
2) Places to do shopping ? is it OK to try females clothes on changing rooms. ( in male mode )
3) Where to find big size shoes ( I have a big foot 10.75 cm :sad:)

Any advice for me ? :o

Thanks you,
~Hasini~

DAVIDA
10-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the forum Hasini.:)
I can't help you with the information you are asking about. Sorry. I'm sure there are people here that can.
You do need to introduce yourself in the "Introductions and Re-introductions" section and tell us a little about yourself.:thumbsup:
Again, welcome, have fun, and have a good time with the very informative members we have on this forum.
Davida

Beverley Sims
10-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Hasi,
To learn the customs and the laws pertaining to CD activities in the United States, you need to study laws for each state and also federal law.
If you ask a specific question you are more likely to get a specific answer than if you ask wide ranging questions.
You are usually able to try female garments on in male changing rooms, it is appropriate to ask sales staff first.
Most stores sell large size shoes, so not a problem there.
I suggest you read what others on the forum do and if you have a specific question then ask.

hasi
10-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Hasi,
To learn the customs and the laws pertaining to CD activities in the United States, you need to study laws for each state and also federal law.
If you ask a specific question you are more likely to get a specific answer than if you ask wide ranging questions.
You are usually able to try female garments on in male changing rooms, it is appropriate to ask sales staff first.
Most stores sell large size shoes, so not a problem there.
I suggest you read what others on the forum do and if you have a specific question then ask.

Thank you DAVIDA and Beverley, Yes, I did search on past archive and found lots of useful information. :) I am very happy to be a part of such a lovely community.

I Am Paula
10-17-2013, 11:42 AM
"To learn the customs and the laws pertaining to CD activities in the United States, you need to study laws for each state and also federal law."
There are laws!! Crap, I'm a fugitive.

Loni
10-17-2013, 02:41 PM
most stores do have standing policy's stating ok to try on clothing.
but ask first if in male mode, and pending how well you blend in.
if in male mode take the items to the mens area (department stores).
macys (great deals there) but can be pricy, lane bryant loves us.
both are nation wide places and are only two that want our money.
as for the state of Arizona, i can not speak for there state laws,
but the feds and most states do have laws about this..aka:hate laws.
but be very careful as to what areas you travel in while dressed.
as no law will protect you in a dark alley.

we are coming into the cold wet time of the year.

and have fun while here,

pss: the feds passed a bypass deal so the grand canyon will be open till late jan 2014.

loni.

Mssusan
10-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the US! I hope you have fun! My CD SO has pretty good luck at Kohls with women's ie larger sizes and their prices are pretty good.

Stephania
10-17-2013, 05:05 PM
You can try Payless Shoes. They carry up to size 13 (equal to size 12 men's).

hasi
10-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Hi Loni,

most stores do have standing policy's stating ok to try on clothing.
but ask first if in male mode, and pending how well you blend in.
if in male mode take the items to the mens area (department stores).
macys (great deals there) but can be pricy, lane bryant loves us.
both are nation wide places and are only two that want our money.
as for the state of Arizona, i can not speak for there state laws,
but the feds and most states do have laws about this..aka:hate laws.
but be very careful as to what areas you travel in while dressed.
as no law will protect you in a dark alley.

Thank you so much for your information. Just read in another mail thread that it is illegal to use public restrooms not associated with their birth gender. Is that true ?

pss: the feds passed a bypass deal so the grand canyon will be open till late jan 2014.

yes. Surely I am gonna to visit grand canyon. :)

hasi
10-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks Mssusan and Stephania.