PDA

View Full Version : What matters to you

kimdl93
10-13-2013, 08:20 AM
After more than three years here, I find I'm growing more focused on some topics, and avoid others.

I'm more likely to read and comment threads relating to a) coming out, b) relationships with SOs, family and friends, c) understanding ones gender identity, d) going out in public, and e) coping with or compensating for appearance issues.

What forum topics most appeal to you?

Kate Simmons
10-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Understanding myself and my feelings tops my list Kim. Then followed by yours. :battingeyelashes::)

GaleWarning
10-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Relationship issues, almost exclusively.
The religious forum was my favourite. The place is not the same for me since it was shut down.

Maria 60
10-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Your topics are mostly also for myself, but I really try to find at least one happy ending or what a great day story. It makes me feel better when I know my friends here are happy.

Caitlin_85
10-13-2013, 08:43 AM
The religious forum was my favourite. The place is not the same for me since it was shut down.
I'm sorry that I missed that forum, I would have enjoyed it...but I can understand the tinderbox that it might have been.

adrienner99
10-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Looking like a girl.

Zylia
10-13-2013, 08:51 AM
The art and science of cross-gender expression. The hows and whys of cross-dressing and transgenderism.

I'm not really here for discussing my or other people's personal relationships, e.g. all the SO trouble threads, but I do find them interesting from time to time.

suzy1
10-13-2013, 08:54 AM

That's because you are missing Suzy there:)..............or not.:eek:

One of the sections I think is important is the introduction section. I will never forget the welcome a very timid and frightened Suzy got.
So I try to my bit now and welcome some of the new members.

Just had a thought about the religious section which I and others enjoyed that went for very good reasons explained my Tamara at the time. It was not about crossdressing.
But there is a topic within a section in the lounge that is going along very nicely about scale modelling and nothing to do with crossdressing or anything. Just a thought?.

stephNE
10-13-2013, 09:13 AM
I love the scale modeling thread. I wish I had time to do some, but I'm sure anything I made would not be as good as some of the things I see there. I love seeing how creative everyone is.

Bridgetlagurl
10-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Coming out issue is big for me. I am half out and want to come out completely. my wife loves the fact that I am a girl,,,but ,,, she does not want me to come out to our kids? I respect her wishes. On the other hand I think she is selling our kids short. they are grown up and moved out. I think it maybe a bit of shock to them at first but they are well adjusted adults. I think they would except me.

Marleena
10-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Hi Kim, obviously my interests have changed. When I first started here I assumed I was on the TG spectrum and started in the CD section. I had accepted myself as being different and I was mostly interested that the MTF's needed to accept themselves. Obviously I've moved to the far right of the spectrum. It's kind of ironic that since my reality is being a TS woman I need some help accepting me now.:)

I'm not shy about posting anywhere I'm allowed to here. We should and can enjoy ourselves here. So many times my posts will be light hearted in nature. Having built and owned forums of my own (PC and music) I'm not shy about posting and my post count reflects that obviously.

Beverley Sims
10-13-2013, 10:10 AM
My tack is a little different, I find it easy to reply to posts in the cross dressers and photo forums.
Whether they be troubled or elated I can find something to reply about.

With the photo section it is easier and gratifying that I get nice replies from some who have little idea and my blunt reply has put them on a different track.
It has been rewarding to have some message me and thank me for advice, I give it warily as I do not want troubled people to get the wrong end of the stick.
For variety the lounge provides a different point of view and is relaxing.

I still welcome others to the forums although I would like to see them score a contact for it.
I do not know the reason behind the ruling.
Jokes are good and the computer forum and the contact forum for moderators both work well and there is a mine of information if you troll through them from time to time.

I have chosen to stay away from the transexual forums as the debates are a little feisty and crossdressers do carry a stigma when commenting there.
It seems that a CD has no idea as to what some of these girls go through.
I was interested in discussions having supported a couple of girls who transitioned and was promptly given the cold shoulder.
I try and reply to the F to M section as they are few and far between but again there are specific posts that put me in the exclusion zone.

I look at the clothing forums and makeup also. I reply if there is anything of interest.
As for relating to threads like you do I usually jump in and give my own version of homespun wisdom and answer as coherently as I can.
Reading some of my replies to threads, I think I have been smoking too many pencil shavings. :)
But that is a story in itself.

PretzelGirl
10-13-2013, 10:33 AM
I used to read everything religiously. Time has not been as available lately. So I mostly stick to stories about family, progress, and going out. Some other topics will catch my eye by title, but I have become quite a skimmer.

~Joanne~
10-13-2013, 10:38 AM
I read about girls and their SO's, First times out, getting caught, or special outings. I also view the picture gallery a lot to see what everyone is wearing or what they have bought :)

linda allen
10-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Probably d) going out in public, and e) coping with or compensating for appearance issues.

I'll sometimes comment on relationship issues, but I don't think it's a great idea for people to ask how to fix a relationship of strangers on the Internet so that's often my comment.

After a few years, it's tiring to answer what color panties I'm wearing or what color are my nails so I ignore those topics.

Lisa Diane
10-13-2013, 10:49 AM
I really enjoy the scale modelers thread, the picture and the clothing threads, alas I'm currently block since I don't have enoughposts.I will get there soon enough though.
Lisa

Allesandra Rhodes
10-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Good thread. Mostly I look in this section and also the loved ones and pictures and occasionally the TS sections. If I haven't anything to contribute I will move on. That said I do read in other areas as posts are made. I used to love the lounge but it's totally changed now. Some sections are gone and I don't miss them one bit. Just my opinion.

Linda Leigh
10-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Mine are the same as yours Kim, Happy endings are always the best :)

Deedee Skyblue
10-13-2013, 06:02 PM
If I have to strain to understand the OP, I'm not going to respond to or follow a thread. Topics that interest me most are the response of other people to sisters who are out and about, and discussions where I have some personal knowledge to contribute.

Deedee

Angela Campbell
10-13-2013, 06:09 PM
What topics I may find interesting change from day to day. My favorite is usually something that I had never thought about so it gets my interest, or sometimes it depends on if I know the poster it may make a difference. For the most part I look for topics on transition but I do scan around to see if anything looks good to me. I read a lot more than I post in.
For instance I read this one because of who started it. When I first came here a little over a year ago I was interested in improving my presentation so I went to the beauty and clothing sections a lot. I never go into the pics section. I also do not like to post in any relationships threads because I am not in one and have been a failure at that anyway. You wouldn't want my advice or opinion there.

Maryesther M.
10-13-2013, 06:29 PM
I don't ever bother to delve deeply into peoples' private reasons for CD-ing and any emotional turmoil they may be experiencing. I regard it simply as a private fun hobby, a bit like any other, except my dearly beloved wife takes exception to it and my continued activity has had to go 'underground', so to speak.

I just admire the more successful efforts of others and I principally admire their photos and outfits, poses &c.

M

suchacutie
10-13-2013, 09:36 PM
I started here the day after Tina first dressed and I read everything, but the beauty section without fail.

Now I read everything that might help Tina understand herself. That includes loved ones, clothes, and any threads with pics as the comments are often interesting and helpful. I find that threads about going out in public are very helpful.