PDA

View Full Version : Here are your salads ladies...

Sara Jessica
10-13-2013, 04:46 PM
...or so said an employee at a restaurant yesterday evening.

The only problem is that I was presenting as a guy in my typical role as husband to my wife who was sitting across from me. The employee in question approached from behind and clearly gendered me on my hair, still pin-straight from having it styled to start an outing the day before.

So after he drops the salads off, my wife says "Ladies???", to which I replied "I guess it's time for another haircut".

Fortunately, that was the end of it, no exasperation beyond the initial comment was apparent thereafter.

Brooklyn
10-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Funny, the same thing happened to me on Friday! Probably the waitress saw my nail polish from behind as well. How did you feel about it?

michelleddg
10-13-2013, 07:01 PM
This has happened to me several times with my wife present. Also, at various times, with my sister present and my mother-in-law present. They're reading on my long hair. I just say something witty using heavy bass and everybody has a good laugh. Not one of my wife's hot buttons, pleased to say. Hugs, Michelle

PretzelGirl
10-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Hair tends to cause the most misgendering in my opinion. The funniest was waiting in line at a haunted house next to my wife. I turned and kissed her and a girl behind me went "OMG, I thought that was two girls". Ya gotta love it (only because my wife doesn't care)!

lingerieLiz
10-13-2013, 08:40 PM
I would just like to have enough hair to fool them. lol

Joan_CD
10-13-2013, 08:47 PM
My hair is shoulder length and I routinely get called miss from wait staff coming up from behind me. I am also on HRT and noticed quite a few times I get called miss when forced to dress male. I was in Sears last week and needed to try on some male pants, dressed in male clothing. I asked a cashier where the changing room was and she directed me to the ladies changing room.

I like it!

Beverley Sims
10-14-2013, 04:28 AM
When that happened to me years ago, I always thought of it as a great big positive.
I would never comment, my girlfriends would though they would always tell me it's time to get dressed again.