PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I did it! Ears Pierced. Both of them....

Amy R Lynn
10-13-2013, 09:09 PM
So... I finally got up the courage to get my ears pierced. It was something that I have wanted to do for a very long time now. I had this sense of determination that I haven't felt in quite a while to go in and just do it.

My Ex-wife took the kids out to the park. So while they were gone, I went to Claire's in the mall and got them done. I was actually very surprised at how much it didn't hurt at all. I expected much more of a pinch than what it was. I actually had to ask if that was it.

I'm so excited to finally try on a pair of dangly ear rings, and to see what Amy will look like with some good ear rings in her ears!:daydreaming:

I do have some fears about what everyone else is going to say though. I'm sure there will be all kinds of comments. Especially from my parents.

My kids think its cool though! So... their opinion is about the only one that truly matters to me.

Eryn
10-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Congratulations! A lot of folks have pierced ears and the only explanation needed is "I wanted to do it.'

Leesa2
10-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Good for you Amy. The best thing about getting them pierced is no longer being stuck in the horrible clip on selection... Now you can get some hoops too, lol.

Amy R Lynn
10-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Its going to be nice to have the full selection of ear rings available to me! And I'm definitely just going to tell everyone that asks why, "because I wanted to".

I got the 3mm CZ Light Saphire 14k white gold starter studs. I was going to go with the cheaper ones, but the sales lady talked me out of it when she said that some people tend to have an allergic reaction to the nickel in them. If that happened, then I would have to take them out, let them heal, and start all over again! No thank you, I'll just pony up and take the safe route. That, and I really liked the light blue sapphire look.

chelyann
10-14-2013, 12:03 AM
way to go girl
welcome to the club :)

FoxxxyBri
10-14-2013, 12:38 AM
I'm going to as soon as I get the chance. Especially since there dont seem to be a lot of nice looking clip-on earrings on the market.

Congrats!

paulaprimo
10-14-2013, 12:59 AM
congrats to you. you will love them!!

Beverley Sims
10-14-2013, 01:41 AM
Yeah!
You all do it and enjoy yourself....
Me I am "still" thinking about it. :)

Kate's at home
10-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Congratulations Amy!

What was the final turning point for you that helped make the decision?

I've been thinking about getting mine pierced for years, but have not taken the leap, so I'm curious.

Kate

Rhonda Darling
10-14-2013, 07:01 AM
Darn, now the race is on. Come on girls, we all need to do it. Strength and courage in numbers.

Rhonda

linda allen
10-14-2013, 07:05 AM
I had mine done over a year ago. I've never been sorry.

Please follow the care instructions I hope you got when you had them pierced. Leave them in for a month or more and use the cleaning solution. Don't try the dangling earrings until the healing process is finished. And don't sleep in anything but small studs.

BLUE ORCHID
10-14-2013, 07:11 AM
Hi Amy , That's great I'm so happy for you.

Chari
10-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Congrats Amy, on your ear piecing! You will see many gals and guys with pierced ears - some with muliti's too, so no reason to feel what others may say! Please be certain to follow the "cleaning ritual" for the time suggested. Enjoy your new accomplishment and the larger selection of pierced earrings awaiting you.

Nataliebabe
10-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Congrats Amy! I`m jealous. I have been trying to talk the Mrs. into letting me do this. No luck so far....

DianneG
10-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Good for you!

I would love to get my ears pierced... but next next to my fear of being "discovered" by my family and friends is my fear of needles

Seeing I found the courage to grow my hair down to my shoulders maybe I'll find enough to overcome my fear of pain

stephNE
10-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi Amy, Good for you!

Last week I also got my ears pierced, also at Claire's. I got the round 14K gold balls. I love them! I have been to work and around lots of people and no one has said anything, except for my sons. They keep asking me why did I do it and I just keep telling them: "Because I wanted to."

My wife has a box on her dresser with what must be 100 pairs of ear rings. I have looked in there many times and wished, so in a couple weeks when I can take these out, I'll be very happy.

I have talked about getting them pierced for many years. My wife and I were in the mall and she stopped to look at a pair of earrings, and I said they're pretty, I wish I could wear them. And she said, you've said that enough, lets go get yours pierced. And before I knew it, they were done!

Heather_Shirly
10-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Congrats!!!! Sometime the little things can be such a big step!

Have fun earing shopping!!!!

LIKETODRESS2
10-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Congrats. I waited till I was 35 and said heck with it. and to my surprise my fam was not was bad about it as I thought .

nethiker55
10-14-2013, 12:47 PM
Hey Amy, Congratulations. I wish I could follow you but my SO freaked out when I suggested but I am really happy for you. ENJOY!!!

Ciara Brianne
10-14-2013, 12:53 PM
sweet...I have decided it's time for me to do the same. I'm so excited.:GD:

Ciara:<3:

Cynthia99
10-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Congratulations!! You will have many more options for earrings now! Maybe you will inspire me to get mine done.

kristinmarch
10-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Its fantastic being able to wear Studs and dangly long earings Had both ear pierced twice years ago and the only time I dont wear studs or Hoops is for work

reb.femme
10-14-2013, 02:23 PM
............... I was actually very surprised at how much it didn't hurt at all. I expected much more of a pinch than what it was. I actually had to ask if that was it.

You big girl for the pain factor. Oh, hang on, that's a compliment isn't it? :heehee:

........My kids think its cool though! So... their opinion is about the only one that truly matters to me.

And a very serious YES to the above.

Someone suggested to me that I say, "a friend from my pub said he would donate £100 to Help For Heroes if I had my ears pierced and kept them in until healed". That's a UK military charity by the way. Maybe another scenario befitting your particular circumstances is in order, but a reasonable enough idea I thought. Or just say mind our own business :straightface:.

Rebecca

Amy R Lynn
10-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Kate,
My motivation was just that it has been something that I have wanted to do for a very long time now. Recently I had been thinking about it a LOT! I began taking notice of all of the different ear rings that men and women had and how it would be so awesome to have my own! I had a serious sense of determination to get this done. I walked right into Claire's, went straight to the counter and said that I needed to get my ears (not ear) piereced. The cute girl behind the counter said "Sure, come with me". She gave me the list of starter studs, and prices. I picked a set, and on they went. She asked me if I wanted her to count down or just go for it. I said just go for it! It really didn't hurt at all! So for all of you that are afraid that it will be painful.... remember the last time you stubbed your toe, got a paper cut, or cut your finger on a sharp object? They all hurt WAY worse than this!

UPDATE:
Today was my first day to work with my new accessories! Not a comment from anyone, not one person said a thing.... I'm not really sure how to take that. I'm sort of relieved that no one made any crude comments, but on the other hand it makes me wonder why?? No comments at all are almost as bad, I think.... Well either way. My confidence is up! Let the comments come as they may.

The only comment I got today was from my Mom. She asked me what was on my ear? Then to my surprise, she said "I'm actually surprised that it took you this long to get them done!"... WTF????:eek: That caught me completely off guard. My parents don't know about Amy. At least I've never told them....She said they looked good on me! Dad just said Oh my.... Really?? You didn't?? and chuckled a bit.

All in All, A GREAT DAY for new ear rings! Whoot!

Thanks for the support all!

cdmorganashley
10-15-2013, 09:31 PM
ive had mine pierced for some time and love it--follow the cleaning instructions closely and do not rush to take them out--i would even give them an extra month beyond what they recommend just to make sure...glad you did what you wanted, i'm sure you'll love having them done =)

Amy R Lynn
10-15-2013, 09:46 PM
I really do love them already! I would love to try on all of the ear rings I can get my hands on. But I don't want to mess them up and get an infection or anything. So I can take my time, and I will give them at least two months I think before I take em out.

SaraNZ
10-16-2013, 02:26 AM
congrats..wish I could get mine done again :)

Diversity
10-16-2013, 04:48 AM
Good for you, Amy! That is in my bucket list, and I look forward to the day I can share this, as you did today.
Best wishes,
Di

linda allen
10-16-2013, 08:05 AM
A friend of mine (we heckle each other all the time) gave me a hard time about me getting my ears pierced. On his birthday we and his girlfriend and her family went to a restaurant for dinner. I made up a fake gift certificate for ear piercing and a pair of earrings on my computer and gave it to him as a birthday present in front of everyone.

Gloriamontrose
10-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Kate,
The only comment I got today was from my Mom. She asked me what was on my ear? Then to my surprise, she said "I'm actually surprised that it took you this long to get them done!"... WTF????:eek: That caught me completely off guard. My parents don't know about Amy. At least I've never told them....She said they looked good on me! Dad just said Oh my.... Really?? You didn't?? and chuckled a bit.

As wth other comments - welcome to the club. But your Mom's comment makes me think that she knows a little more about Amy than you think. And if she knows, then so does your dad. I never realised how much my dad knew until a comment by his g/f (my Mom passed when I was 18) gave them away, what gave ME away I don't know to this day but I have a feeling that my Mom sussed me out quite early.

xxx

Gloria

Amy R Lynn
10-16-2013, 12:31 PM
I think you may be right. My Mom may know more than I think. However, I'm not going to ask her or tell her. If she were to ask me, I would be honest and confirm it. However, I don't want to take the chance and assume that she does know, and then bomb her with something like this. Once its out, you can't put it back in the box. I've been very selective with who knows about Amy.

So... still no comments today. That's odd isn't it? I expected at least someone to say "Hey, you got your ears Piereced?!" So far none....

rachael.davis
10-16-2013, 12:42 PM
You are going to love having pierced ears.

Kandy Barr
10-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Good for you Amy, I had mine done in the early 80s. In all that time no one has ever said a word.....at least not to my face! I'm a little surprised by that as back then it wasn't the most popular thing for a "guy" to have both ears pierced. Just goes to show most folks don't really notice or care.

rita63
10-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Pierced ears are wonderful the addition of jewellery to your wardrobe can be addictive though. I bought several pairs before mine healed and I could use them. Now I'm not dressed without ear rings a necklace, bracelets and rings, all to match my outfit.
Tour ears will add another dimension to your life but be careful with the debit card.

hugs rita

Amy R Lynn
10-16-2013, 09:49 PM
Amy is already expensive enough for me. I'm certain that I won't get out of control with the spending. I've been close to that before, but I know when to say enough.

I do look forward to getting some nice feminine looking ear rings though! Thanks for all the support ladies!

giuseppina
10-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Congrats, Amy. I would like to have pierced ears too, but my present situation won't allow it.

jessicamichelle
10-17-2013, 02:33 AM
Congrats on getting your ears pierced! I bet the studs look great. hmmmm I have an idea. Are you into any fandoms at all? Like Star Wars? Because if you are I have a thought that you might like. :)

debbeelee1
10-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Good for you Amy! I had the same strange experience with my pierced ears; I was worried what everyone would say, but hardly anyone cared or said anything! Then I was kind of worried that they didn't say anything!

Anyway, you'll love them!

lisablack44
10-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Good for you! My wife did both my ears about 8 years ago, and no one has ever said a word... I think it is just like having my body always shaven smooth, people may notice, but most people either don't care, or just figure I'm a weirdo or something.
In any case, the best thing about getting older is that now, I honestly do not care what other people think about my personal choices.

jenni_xx
10-17-2013, 11:28 AM
As wth other comments - welcome to the club. But your Mom's comment makes me think that she knows a little more about Amy than you think.

Maybe, but not necessarily so. Having pierced ears has been common place for men for many years now. It's just no big deal.

reb.femme
10-17-2013, 12:07 PM
I really do love them already! I would love to try on all of the ear rings I can get my hands on. But I don't want to mess them up and get an infection or anything. So I can take my time, and I will give them at least two months I think before I take em out.

Is this a form of earring pink fog? :heehee:

Take your time Miss and enjoy the fruits of your restraint, for the rest of your life.

Rebecca

Amy R Lynn
10-17-2013, 09:11 PM
DebbieLee, That is exactly it! I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone here. Its just been odd that no one has said anything.

Rebecca, It is definitely a form of the Pink Fog! I think the pink fog had a LOT to do with getting them pierced in the first place.

Kat42
10-18-2013, 02:49 AM
ENVY!

I want said paired piercings meself. Impressionable teen offspring unit keeps me from following your lead for now...

One Day though! I will be there.

I envy you today.
kat

Jamie001
10-18-2013, 11:20 AM
ENVY!

I want said paired piercings meself. Impressionable teen offspring unit keeps me from following your lead for now...

One Day though! I will be there.

I envy you today.
kat

Why can't you get your ears pierced with your kids? Pierced ears are not a big deal anymore since a large number of NFL Players have pierced ears. Pierced ears are a non-issue unless you are in the military.

Melissa Cross
10-20-2013, 02:38 PM
After wearing clip on earrings for 3 hours this week and getting very sore ear lobes, I got my ears pierced today. It took less than 5 minutes and I hardly felt anything. The gold studs look great and I hope the 6-8 weeks goes by fast so I can start wearing hoops etc.

Amy R Lynn
10-20-2013, 07:30 PM
WooHoo! Welcome to the club Melissa! You'll love them. So far its been very painless. I'm hopeful that it will be the same for you.

Kat,
I agree, you should totally go for it! Just tell the teen offspring unit, that this is something you just wanted to do. They might make a comment or two, but they'll get over it. I'm certain of it. Besides, if they make comments now, imagine what they'll say when you get them done when you are older? No time like the present. Join us! Bwahahahaha! You'll love them.

Vanessa01
10-21-2013, 06:24 PM
glad for you, Lucky !!

Alice B
10-21-2013, 07:32 PM
You are going to love it and now have lots of choices of earrings to wear openly without worry.

cdmcconnell84
10-21-2013, 10:23 PM
Funny how a relatively tiny little accessory can really affect your entire perception of yourself, isn't it?
I got my ears pierced years ago, but have since let them heal up which I rather regret.
I'm hoping to get them *re* pierced in a couple of months...
And your mom's reaction is great! I've definitely had plenty of moments myself when I go back and forth between being convinced that my family knows nothing at all about my tg lifestyle and moments when I'm certain they've got pretty strong suspicions. Hopefully, it'll be more positive than not when I finally get around to being open about it all!

chelyann
10-21-2013, 10:43 PM
way to go girl :)

cdxmatty
10-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Good for you girl!! if your afraid of what everyone is going to say you could gauge them out a bit. . . your going to love the weight of dangly earrings in your ears!!! ultra fem feeling almost like having your nails done. Ahh the small things in life :D

susan jackson
10-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Please forgive me, and not wishing to upset anyone...

but what is the big deal, and why do people worry about having their ears pierced?

Maybe things are different in America, but I had both my ears pierced in the early 1980's when I was still at school!

Lorileah
10-22-2013, 11:19 PM
It can be a big step for a lot of TGs Susan.

giuseppina
10-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Hello Susan,

Substantially less than 5% of males have their ears pierced where I live, and I make a point of looking. Pierced ears on a male my age (50s) or above is very rare. That doesn't stop me from wanting it done, though.

Jamie001
10-23-2013, 12:06 AM
Hello Susan,

Substantially less than 5% of males have their ears pierced where I live, and I make a point of looking. Pierced ears on a male my age (50s) or above is very rare. That doesn't stop me from wanting it done, though.

Then you should get your ears pierced now and not wait until you get older. There is no reason to let other folks control what you can or cannot do to your body. We need to take ownership of who and what we are.

Amy R Lynn
10-24-2013, 09:23 PM
It really was a HUGE deal for me. I was afraid of what people would think. I was afraid that it would be outing myself a bit here. It really was all in my head though. I'm super glad that I did it! I couldn't be more proud of myself and happy!! Yay Me!

Jamie001
10-24-2013, 11:40 PM
It really was a HUGE deal for me. I was afraid of what people would think. I was afraid that it would be outing myself a bit here. It really was all in my head though. I'm super glad that I did it! I couldn't be more proud of myself and happy!! Yay Me!

Congratulations. We will find that 90 percent of the fear is in our own minds when it comes to things like shaved legs, earrings, nail polish, etc...

clarisse-tv
11-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I do remember when couple of years ago I was discussing with my wife about having one ear pierced . She accepted but when I was at the mall the women said that it was by pair so wife suggested me to get the other one pierced. At that time my xdressing was secret and I was nearly to heaven(if I was in femme that would have been magical ). When I came out to her she revealed me that she was aware of it and that was her intention to offer me the ear piecing as a first step of acceptance . Since then I always wore earrings when in drab or not. Only the earrings change based on my outfit.

Enjoy your new accessories :)

samanthasolo
11-04-2013, 01:32 PM
I just pierced both ears for a second time over this past weekend. I have had a pair of diamond studs for the longest time just sitting around and not being able to wear them because the existing piercings are a bit wide from years of wearing small heavy hoops they would actually go partially inside the holes and hurt. Well 2 new holes, 4 earrings, and problem solved! As for what anyone might think or say, I don't care, and didn't even cross my mind. At this stage of the game I don't have to come up with excuses or explanations for anyone.

Devin C
11-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Great job. Im very happy for you. Been thinking about getting a second set of piercing myself.

Alice B
11-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Only one problem. Now you will have to buy a jewelry box to hold all the earrings you will get.

Barbra P
11-04-2013, 03:29 PM
One jewelry box might not be enough.

samanthasolo
11-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Well, my wife has a jewelry box big enough for the both of us, and we do like to share!

ShriekCassandra
11-04-2013, 03:56 PM
I don't know squat about piercings. When you get a basic pair done for the first time do you have to keep them in constantly for so long? What happens if you take them out to put on some fancier earrings, will the holes swell up and risk getting infected? I'm thinking of getting my own done but only for when I dress, i'm not interested in wearing them outside of that or looking forward to excusing why I got them done at all, as it would be something totally unexpected and out of character for the way people know me usually but if I can't remove them or make them inconspicuous I wouldn't have much of a choice.

EDIT: Nevermind Samamthasolo PMed me about it.

marshalynn
11-04-2013, 06:55 PM
I have three holes in each ear, have only had two people ask me about them in the last five years, both were young 12 year old girls that asked at different times. I did not have earrings on at the time they asked. Most of the time I wear at least one pair, no one has asked about them when I am wearing them...

AmyGaleRT
11-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Well, I did talk with my fiancee about this, and she actually has no objections to me getting my ears pierced...she just won't do it.

That was the main thing that was holding me back...but that doesn't mean I'm going to run right out and do it. I'm going to read up on everything I can find about the process, especially the risks and aftercare, and I also have to consider where to have it done, and in what mode. Do I go as my male self, and opt for some simple silver ball studs? Or do I go as Amy, and get little CZ studs that wouldn't look too out of place when I'm back in male mode? Things to think about...

- Amy

Amy R Lynn
11-04-2013, 10:51 PM
I don't know squat about piercings. When you get a basic pair done for the first time do you have to keep them in constantly for so long? What happens if you take them out to put on some fancier earrings, will the holes swell up and risk getting infected? I'm thinking of getting my own done but only for when I dress, i'm not interested in wearing them outside of that or looking forward to excusing why I got them done at all, as it would be something totally unexpected and out of character for the way people know me usually but if I can't remove them or make them inconspicuous I wouldn't have much of a choice.

EDIT: Nevermind Samamthasolo PMed me about it.

While you got your answer Shriek, I thought I should post this for anyone else who may be wondering the same thing. YES you have to leave them in for a WHILE. It is highly recommended that you leave the starter studs in for 6 weeks. If you change or remove them before then, you risk irritating them and/or getting them infected. You also have to have ear rings in for six months. You can't go without them. So it is a commitment, and one that you won't be able to cover up.

Honestly, I was a LOT worried about what people would say about mine. I haven't had too many people say anything about them. It really wasn't a big deal at all. Best thing I have ever done for Amy. I love having them pierced and encourage anyone who is thinking about them, to JUST DO IT.

Amy R Lynn
11-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Well, I did talk with my fiancee about this, and she actually has no objections to me getting my ears pierced...she just won't do it.

That was the main thing that was holding me back...but that doesn't mean I'm going to run right out and do it. I'm going to read up on everything I can find about the process, especially the risks and aftercare, and I also have to consider where to have it done, and in what mode. Do I go as my male self, and opt for some simple silver ball studs? Or do I go as Amy, and get little CZ studs that wouldn't look too out of place when I'm back in male mode? Things to think about...
- Amy

From one Amy to another! You should do it, but when you are sure. I went on the Internet to Calire's web site and looked at all of the starter studs that they have. They have quite a selection. There are some that are very girly, and would not work when I'm in drab. I ended up going with a small CZ stud. They have a small blue sapphire in them. That is my birth stone. I think they look good in both male and fem modes. I have seen many guys with CZ sparkly gem ear rings. I wouldn't worry about them not fitting in with your male self.

aguy1209
11-04-2013, 11:00 PM
Mine were pierced in high school when it was "cool". Now its just a great benefit.

stephNE
11-05-2013, 06:59 AM
I've had my ears pierced for almost five weeks now. Only one person has come up to me and asked about them (not counting my three sons, who have each asked me a dozen times why?). If you are thinking about it, just do it.
I have not yet taken them out yet, as I was told to wait six weeks. But I can tell they are very loose and move back and fort, so I am pretty sure they have healed.
On my wife's dresser she has a jewelry box with about a hundred sets of earrings. I can't wait to start trying them out.

randeegirl
11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Good for you ! The most important thing as how YOU feel about it dear.

Marika01
11-05-2013, 11:01 AM
I had my left ear pierced ages ago. I got the right one done last week so that I can wear a nice dangly pair. Even with just a pair of plain studs, I look more girly. That being the intention, of course... :D Even so, no one has made any comment. Even when I was wearing a mismatched pair.

Marika01
11-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Do I go as my male self, and opt for some simple silver ball studs? Or do I go as Amy, and get little CZ studs that wouldn't look too out of place when I'm back in male mode? Things to think about...

- Amy

I had both pieced in male mode. The right one last week was in a tattoo shop in Manchester. The chap doing it didn't bat an eyelid. No one cares as piercing is mainstream these days. And no one is likely to comment.

Yes, you should keep them in for six weeks and as has been stated you have to keep wearing them or the holes will heal over. That said, I have switched studs both this time around and last time with no ill effects after a week or so. But I do bathe the piercing with salt water when I take them out.

Angie G
11-06-2013, 08:58 PM
You go girl. I had both ears done 6 years ago. Had a few remarks nothing bad.I really hated those clip ons.:hugs:
Angie

Amy R Lynn
11-06-2013, 10:14 PM
I really only wore a clip ons a couple of times. I didn't like how sore they made my ears, so I just didn't wear any. I do love having my ears pierced now though.