PDA

View Full Version : Limitations don't always get you read.

Nicole Erin
10-14-2013, 03:53 AM
Yep, at work the other day some guy asked if I lifted (weight training).
I said I did not. I mean I used to but these days I am in no shape to exercise.
I was thinking, "Ehh great, got detected as TS." But whatever. THEN he said to his friend -
"Man, she looks like she could whip a lot of the men I know".
I am probably more "blessed" as well... :o AAAAANYWAYS...
And here I thought my upper body was a 100% giveaway.

Thing is - I am not masculine enough to be a female bodybuilder. Well, no MTF TS really is though :D

See as you go along, you lose more and more excuses to lack confidence.
Might help for me that I work with the public. The few people who pay attention to me often compliment something.

I been actively TG for about 15 years and every do often, I get stunned by certain comments or learn new things. "she looks like she could whip a lot of the men I know" If not for being at work I could have said, "Well now that costs a little more."

Badtranny
10-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Many of us will eventually cross the abyss between passing sometimes and passing completely. Being beyond passing, if you will. It just takes time. I'm coming up on my four year transition anniversary in January and only since my 2nd round of FFS in July, have I begun to experience what my life will be like going forward.

We all have a 'tell' or two but as Nicole points out, the 'tells' are eventually overwhelmed by dozens of feminine cues that develop over time.

Keep on keepin' on.

kimdl93
10-14-2013, 01:46 PM
I always have kinda liked buff girls.

Angela Campbell
10-14-2013, 02:28 PM
The thing is if you get read you do not know what it was that caused it. There are a million things that can be a give away. As someone else said in here before...I would rather be clocked as a tranny than to live as a man. I have no idea what gives me away but I have never even been the recipient of a funny look much less a rude comment.

Barbara Ella
10-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Well, whatever you are doing, make sure you keep on dong it. WTG girl.

Barbara

steph1964
10-15-2013, 02:40 AM
I am self conscious of my hair and shoulders and went through a tough spell a few weeks ago. But my confidence has come back and as a result I think I am being read less. That or I just don't notice it as much. But I just started my transition so I know that I have to pay my dues and hopefully get through the period where I look like a transsexual.

Kaitlyn Michele
10-15-2013, 05:30 AM
Great post Nicole..thanks for sharing that!!!!!

I Am Paula
10-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the positive note.
I still swear that I just look like a 55 year old TS. The general public seems to disagree. Either I only ever run into really polite people, or I pass way better than I think. Either way, I'll take it.