PDA

View Full Version : This site fuels my desire to dress

alisa63
10-14-2013, 03:23 PM
I have found time and time again that on a "normal" day at work (men's business clothes with panties and shaved legs underneath) that once I check the new posts on this site that the desire to dress completely becomes almost unbearable. Reading the postings ignites the feminine light inside me. In other words, if on a crossdressing scale of 1 to 10 I am hanging out at my usual 4 or 5, this site shoots me to a 9 or 10.

Not sure exactly what causes this bit anyone else have a similar experience and/or she's some light on this phenomenon?

Xoxo

Rachelakld
10-14-2013, 03:59 PM
I don't think it fuels my desire, but it adds oxygen that helps the fire

katssun
10-14-2013, 04:26 PM
It makes me want to get better at dressing, and it also gives me more confidence to go out dressed more often.

ReineD
10-14-2013, 04:31 PM
I think that's normal. It just shows that you have visual triggers.

Laura28
10-14-2013, 05:37 PM
I have to agree. This site has taken me further then I ever thought I would go. However this is not a negative. My feeling is that it has made me see that being a crossdresser is "normal" for us and nothing to be ashamed of. I to look at this site and want to fully dress and be a better person/woman. This site has helped me talk more about with my wife and a very close friend. So when I sign on in the AM and I am only wearing pantys and after reading a few post I want more I don't look at it as a bad thing I look at as a confer nation of my desire to dress.

Deedee Skyblue
10-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Alisa, it is probably too late, but you should probably be careful viewing this site on your work hardware or network, if you think there is any chance that you might have problems if your employer knows about your hobby...

Deedee

christiecox74
10-14-2013, 06:32 PM
This site has been inspirational to me as well. I feel like I am gaining more confidence just from reading other's posts.

Sarah Beth
10-14-2013, 06:32 PM
viewing this site doesn't make me want to dress more it makes me feel better about myself dressed. Even though I will never pass this site has helped me get passed the idea I shouldn't dress because I don't pass. It makes me want to be better at it and I think it has made me better equiped to be out there dressed when I get the chance to do so.

Christina Kay
10-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Oh Yeah , it also has led me to a plethora of info here. Have even posted an avatar of me, (never imagined I would EVER do that) alas not a full photo. Hopefully that will come with time. :) But this site has fueled my desire to dress. And to keep improving myself and the techniques learned here ;) hugs

Robin777
10-14-2013, 07:32 PM
This site hasn't fueled my desire to dress, It has fueled my desire to take better care of myself. After I joined this site it has motivated me to drop some weight,work on my appearance, and try different things and articles of clothing. I usually dress regularly anyways.

Victoriana
10-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Yeah no kidding. I came here to ask questions on how to quit and I think I am failing because I might just start crossdressing! I did think about quitting this site to stop because as much as I figured out things, this site made me curious about other things. What a mess! lol. :idontknow:

Allesandra Rhodes
10-14-2013, 07:57 PM
It just takes air for me :)

Karren H
10-14-2013, 08:01 PM
It's pack mentality..... We're like a heard of raging peacocks! peahens.... lol

Nikki 1984
10-14-2013, 08:07 PM
This site is good for asking and giving advice. Whether were new to this or have been doing this for years.

Maria 60
10-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Well I must admit it does spark something but most of all I always learn new things and learn new ideas on how to make My fem side more complete.

Ressie
10-14-2013, 08:47 PM

Or maybe peer pressure. I already had a wig or two, but my wardrobe has been increasing along with forms, jewelry, more wigs and makeup. In a couple more years it will be corsets and boots at this rate.

kimdl93
10-14-2013, 08:55 PM
I suppose reading about others who are enjoying the experience of CDing is likely to boost ones interest as well. For me, it was especially influential early on because I learned that a lot of people just like me were able to present themselves acceptably as women. That lead me to see more potential in myself than I'd ever before imagined might exist.

Diane78
10-14-2013, 09:16 PM
I was a member about three years ago, then quit for a long time. Now, this is the first site I go to after I start my computer. Yes, this site does fuel my desire to dress and has given me confidence to go out in public more and say,"The heck with it, I don't care if I get read anyway."

Beverley Sims
10-14-2013, 09:41 PM
When you realise you are not alone with your activities, like a little child you want to go out and play as well. :)

Jeannie
10-14-2013, 10:19 PM
I am just so grateful that I found this site and that everyone lets talk out my problems that is the most I get from here. Like you I my urge increases so I have to put on something girly even if it's just panties and a top of some kind. Yes I do put something over the panties. However I usually don't come here unless I am already dressed.

Brooke H
10-14-2013, 10:24 PM
I already had the desire to dress but at the same time I think this site has made me want to dress more often and also it definately gives you some confidence to know other people are out there doing the same.

DebbieL
10-14-2013, 11:17 PM
You have natural desires, but have had to suppress them? As you read the experiences of others who have been able to dress completely, you begin to realize that you want more. Is it possible that you wanted more all along, but never thought it was possible? I've been seeing a lot of people who seem to be moving across the Benjamin scale, often becoming more transgendered.

I know from my own experience that, in my heart, I wanted more than anything to transition, to be a real girl. I even considered killing myself for the possibility of reincarnation into a real girl's body. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to remember how much I wanted to be a girl and might not remember how much I enjoyed dressing up, being feminine, being one of the girls. Worse, I might end up being a woman in a country where women are slaves - or worse.

When I got into puberty, there were the usual changes, and a few unusual ones ("growing" testes that weren't there before and just dropped down during a bath). As my body grew hair, my voice dropped, and my beard got darker and thicker, my Adam's apple began to show. It was becoming clear to me that I couldn't "pass" as a girl anymore. I got taller, about 6 feet tall, and my feet got bigger, too big for mom's shoes, and most of her clothes.

I was still very thin (140 lbs), and still had big hips even with a tight butt from riding bicycles a lot. Unfortunately, I was now trapped in a MAN's body. I became suicidal, turned to drugs and booze to numb the pain. Even when I started kissing and having girl-friends, I didn't respond sexually as a man. I could please my partners, but when they tried to reciprocate I was too ticklish or sensitive to enjoy it. I hoped that once I started having "real sex" that I would be content with being a male. I kept hoping, but when I finally did lose my virginity, at 21, I realized that wasn't going to work, that dressing and being feminine was too much a part of me. When my fiance found out, she ended the relationship.

A couple years later, I met a new lover. We moved in together, I told her about the dressing, but I didn't tell her about wanting to be a girl. I tried to pretend that all I wanted was to dress up in the bedroom for fun and games. I hoped that would be enough. She seemed to accept that, so we got married. Later, I began to realize it ran deeper than that. I eventually found some people on a usenet newsgroup that I could talk to about this, including Virginia Prince of Tri-ESS. I was also in a 12 step program and did inventories about once a year, usually 5th stepping with a different sponsor every year or two, usually because the previous sponsor had moved on, or I had moved on. I began to realize that my original desire to be a woman had never eased. I struggled with it, for a few more years, and eventually found a sponsor who gave me some good coaching. As a result, I met a therapist who realized immediately that I was a transsexual and should transition, a "level 6" who could become self-destructive if I didn't transition, or at least attempt to. It turned out he was right. When I tried to abort my transition, I doubled my weight, had a heart attack and a stroke, and barely survived.

That's the extreme situation. You might be a level 3, someone who wants to present, but is content to do it on occasion, or even someone who wants to do it more often. You probably aren't a transsexual, because you still seem to enjoy being a man. However, when you get the chance to see how some of us have been able to live out the dream of being a woman, passing in public, and even transitioning, you begin to see a world that is bigger than you thought possible.

docrobbysherry
10-15-2013, 01:03 AM
The same thing happened to me after I showed up here 6 years ago. I soon wanted to CD all the time. Which was and is impossible for me. When I wasn't dressing, I was thinking of looks and pieces of clothing I wanted to get and try on. I couldn't concentrate on anything else!

Finally, I just went with it! Dressing at every available opportunity. Sneaking out to my office on weekends. Even dressing in the middle of the nite! After 2 months of this, I was so sick of dressing, I lost the desire for the next 3 months!

Of course, it returned. But, by then I had become used to being able to dress whenever I wanted to. The overwhelming urgency I felt previously went away! I have been able to function normally ever since. Altho, I doubt if anyone would consider my dressing "normal" by any stretch of the imagination!

linda allen
10-15-2013, 07:56 AM
The Internet has let me know that crossdressing is more common than I would have thought and that I am not alone in my desire to dress. I've also gotten a lot of information on how to do it better than I would have figured out on my own.

Does this website fuel my desire to dress? No. Probably the other way around. I dress, then go to this website.

Debra Russell
10-15-2013, 11:44 AM

:laughing::lol2::roflmao::Peace: you read my mind Karren......................Debra

Stephanie47
10-15-2013, 12:08 PM
This site has been very beneficial for me because it allows me to express myself to some degree with others of like thinking. It may not be a face to face discourse, but, it is at least discourse.

I will agree this site has made me more aware of my physical body. I have dropped about 15-20 pounds in order to have my clothes feel better.

Are there negatives? Not so much for me. I am retired. I have gone through that husband-wife "discussion" decades ago without the benefit of the Internet, etc. I will caution some younger participants to be careful how you express yourself. Society is not as open minded as many think.

Also, I will say the Internet has enabled me to acquire tooooo many dresses and undergarments.

Brooklyn
10-15-2013, 12:10 PM
I have found the opposite. Time I spend here is often time away from dressing. Reading about the experience of others, however, has given me more insight into being this way. Plus, it's lots cheaper than roaming the aisles at Macy's.

Taylor186
10-15-2013, 12:42 PM
This site has shown me how to do different things to improve my inner and outer presentation, but on-the-whole reading the varied posts here takes the edge off my urge to physically crossdress. Probably a good thing.

pantihoze
10-15-2013, 01:12 PM
I found this site while looking for insight into why I have the desire to dress in women's clothing. After reading several posts from other girls here, I am definitely wanting to dress more. I can not say it is the site that has me wanting to dress more, but the feeling that I want to feel pretty does seem to be stronger after I read the adventures of the other girls. Still trying to figure out my own feelings in order to share with my wife and others.

robindee36
10-15-2013, 02:03 PM
I don't see any problems with your reactions Alisa. Consider that dressing is what we are about here, mostly that is, surfing the threads should not conjure up thoughts of golf or fishing. We're a CD site for goodness sakes.

My guess is you have a latent desire to be en-femme all the time and suppress these feelings to get through the work day. No wonder checking the boards has an effect on you. Its what you long to do, if not for the 'distraction' of work.

Maybe its bad form to be surfing this site on company time. Just wait till you get home, change into something cute and fem and then check the posts. Reasonable don't you think??

Hugs, Robin

Kirsten1
10-15-2013, 02:35 PM
This site has given me the confidence and information to carry out my desires. I got some breast forms from ebay through information on these threads and then got the gumption up to go to a dress shop to get a dress. The lady that helped me kind of guessed why I was there and said I was brave. I did not confirm the reason for getting the dress but just went on about my business. However I would have never even tried such a thing if I had not been reading and successes and experiences on this site. It has helped me a lot.

Kirsten

jenni_xx
10-15-2013, 04:03 PM
As hard as it is to say, I'm the complete opposite. This site negates my desire to dress.

That's probably down to me feeling a little isolated whenever I come onto this site. I struggle to relate to many of the comments and posts that are written here. How to put this best. I feel like a different type of crossdresser. One who doesn't like to be referred to by using a female pronoun. I am happy to be a man, and to be regarded as a man, and referred to as a he. Because that is what I am. In regards to my crossdressing, I am a man who likes to wear female clothing. I have no understanding of what it is to be a woman, what it feels like to be a woman. All I know is how wearing clothes that are designed for women makes me feel as a man wearing them.

I also think that because I'm gay, and because the majority of crossdressers are heterosexual, then I'm in a minority. Just as I feel like I'm in a minority in the real world in that respect. Putting it into percentages, if, say, one in every 10 men are gay, and one in every 10 men are crossdressers, then a gay crossdresser is equal to one in every 100 (I know those figures are somewhat spurious, but in terms of percentages, the figures mentioned relate to my point. I'm a minority of a minority.

I've been a member of this forum since the mid 2000's. In that time - 7-8 years or so, the amount of posts I've written amount to a few hundred. I've seem members here submit more posts than I have despite being here for only a matter of months. Yet I read so many more posts than I contribute on. Hand on heart, I love this site. And I love it because of the members. I love it because it offers such a different point of view to my own, that in reading posts that I don't share a common interest with, or even don't agree with, it nevertheless enables me to gain a much wider understanding of what motivates crossdressers, what they like, what they don't like, what they want to talk about, the feelings they want to express. Even if I struggle to relate to many of the posts, it's invaluable to read such posts because it results in me gaining a better understanding of the entire community.

Many a time though - I've woke up in the morning, dressed completely "en femme", come on here, read numerous posts, and have undressed and gone back to "drab". But that has its merits in its own way. For reading this forum has enabled me to be able to identify myself - what I want, what I like, what I need. And that is nothing but a good thing.

Having said all of that, I'm sitting here tonight, fully dressed, on this forum, and not yet have I come across a post that has made me want to change out of my clothing. My husband is sitting in the other room, watching TV, and here I am, on this site, reading and taking in many many posts. Agreeing with some, disagreeing with others. I guess what I'm saying is that irrespective of my own feelings, I can totally understand how you, alisa, can feel the way you do about this site, even if my own experience of it differs from your own.

Allison2006
10-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Viewing this site does make me want to dress up on more, I think in part because seeing women nicely dressed has always made me want to dress up, same goes for seeing you girls on here. I would say, too that being dressed when I'm viewing the rorum dressed, I tend to be on here longer.

Kate Simmons
10-15-2013, 06:51 PM
I never needed anything to "fuel" my desire Hon. Perhaps this site helps to explain those desires somewhat by reading the input of others but basically I'm just always being myself when I dress, Forum notwithstanding. :battingeyelashes::)

ArleneRaquel
10-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Being alive is my "fuel" to dress enfemme. It is such a great way to live.

Michelle V
10-15-2013, 07:02 PM
I think it is the sense of "belonging" that triggers this desires, I would love to be a Michelle 24/7 but due to the need to appear normal I am limited to only doing it in private once in a while, I do appreciate and am very grateful for the camaraderie this forum offers.

Allintime
10-15-2013, 08:31 PM
I know this feeling all too well :/

marshalynn
10-15-2013, 08:38 PM
I like this forum, because it lets me be with people that think and act like I do.....

Dianne S
10-16-2013, 06:21 AM
This forum doesn't fuel my desire to dress, but it did motivate me to go out and rejoin the CD support group I used to belong to.

Lexi Moralas
10-16-2013, 01:43 PM
For me this site shows me I am not alone , I'm not a freak , and it's ok to feel how I feel even if I do prefer to keep my dressing privet. This sight helps me find peace with my self knowing all you are struggling along with me. Thank god for all of you ! I think coming here kind of takes the edge off my need to dress and keeps me from taking unnessasary risks just to feel feminine for few brief moments. It lets me set my I inner girl free here safley and save full on dressing for more appropriate times. There's my 2.5 cent xx Lexi

Farrah
10-16-2013, 02:04 PM
This site is what gave me the courage to venture out in to the public eye!...THanks!!!:)

Celina
10-16-2013, 03:06 PM
I agree! Ever since I joined this site my desires to dress has just grown and grown. I just wished I had even more time to dress and work on every aspect of being "me" :)

melanie206
10-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Reading about dressing can cause the same release of dopamine as dressing itself. Since we like this reaction we seek to heighten it by dressing. We have become so emotionally and physically tied to our electronics and frequented web sites that our internal chemistry is right there in the mix as well.

Samantha_Smile
10-16-2013, 06:48 PM
I don't think the site fuels my need to dress.
My brain does enough of that by itself.
It's not as if we all joined the site having never crossdressed and then got pressured into it.

The site helps me improve my makeup and clothes choice.
There is a little competition to look better than other people - but I find competition in everything :D
It helps me deal with my needs and wants and rationalise that Im not totally ****ed in the head.

Stacy_sometimes
10-17-2013, 08:07 AM
I don't think that forums really fuel my desire, but they do make me feel more comfortable with my desire. Most of us grow up wondering what's wrong with us, once we realize we're not alone things get better.

lovetobedani
10-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Hi all.................

Being here doesn't fuel my desire to dress. What it does do for me is to connect with others who are like me which helps me to be more comforable with who and what I am.