PDA

View Full Version : Story from Washington

Rachelakld
10-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Living in New Zealand, but had a couple of girls from DC visiting and the story goes..
a few months ago they were cycling around a lake(?) and in a remote part came across a male in a skirt, blouse & wig, shaving his legs. The male ran off in one direction with shaving cream on his legs and the girls in a panic rode away at speed. They came across another man walking the dog, and warned him of the person in the skirt. He quickly picked up his dog, turned around and in a semi panic, walked away.

I'm unsure what they thought the man shaving his legs would do to them, maybe detonate a bomb or something equally horrid.

Why would anyone be scared of a person in a skirt? what do skirt wearers do in DC that make everyone scared?

ArleneRaquel
10-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Rachelakld,
IMO "Homophobia" runs wild in this country and ANYTHING perceived as "queer" is liable to cause wildly emotional reactions. I hope that I am overstating the problem

gautier_nikolai
10-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Not sure.Maybe it didn't help it was in a remote area and a little unexpected.I'm not sure what i would make of bumping into anyone shaving their legs in public either though.

Rachelakld
10-14-2013, 09:04 PM
We all laught at the story and I did ask if the CDer was carrying an axe or simular that should scare someone. I don't think shaving in a feeder creek would be Eco friendly but now the girls have been in Auckland a few months they are not scared of guys in skirts anymore

Beverley Sims
10-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Rachel,
I think admitting you were from New Zealand would weird the authorities out.
DC. is funny about anything they do not understand, yet I have heard girls here having fun nights out in DC.

I might add a remote area in DC. is any flat area of land more than 200 yards away from a flagpole or memorial.

suchacutie
10-14-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the possibility of a bomb. DC is just one big target.

Jeannie
10-14-2013, 10:11 PM
What a lot "MEN" are afraid of is if a CD or gay person looks or touches them they will instantly become gay and/or start dressing in women's clothing. A lot of men don't want to touch female underwear or lingerie for that same reason, except of course if a woman is dressed in them and they are going to....... well you get the picture. I have seen guys who's skin would crawl when they see gay people or someone who is crossdressing. Sad but true I'm afraid.

Secret Drawer
10-15-2013, 04:17 AM
That is funny, my brother in law won't even touch lingerie! Every year around Christmas he gets confused about what to get his wife and I always suggest something sexy, and he always outright rejects the idea. Oh well, his loss!
If I saw some guy shaving in public (or a girl for that matter!) I would be weirded out a bit as well, as many have posted over many years here, it is less about what you are presenting as, or how well you are "pulling it off," and more about HOW you are presenting yourself. Scurrying off into the bushes with half shaved legs is not particularly the best method to not getting noticed! I recently saw a guy, with a full beard, fully crossdressed, but so well put together as to be elegant, that he was an absolute non threat and walked through a crowded plaza virtually unnoticed by hundreds of people! That made me jealous and inspired at the same time!

Sheren Kelly
10-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Living in DC, I am surprised. However most people here are from other places. People who have lived in a metropolitan environment long enough seem to be pretty adaptable and accepting, perhaps your friends were only recent residents and from where they came, there were not a lot of open transgender people.

BTW, in DC one of the big events for Halloween is the "High Heel Race" in DuPont Circle (Tuesday, Oct 29).

robindee36
10-15-2013, 04:23 PM
If the man was wearing green Wellies, maybe the girls were afraid of being mistaken for sheep. After all, we have a lot of sheeple this side of the really big pond (aka the Pacific).

On the other hand, perhaps the man with the dog was racing off to get his Wellies which might confirm my sheeple theory;)

All in the best of fun.

Hooroo and hugs, Robin

jenni_xx
10-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Locality - in a remote part - and the actions of the man in question - running off - all probably played a part in how they reacted.

Stick those same people in a big city, with the man not running off, and the reactions would be completely different.

vallerie lacy
10-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Of all the scum in Washington that one could run into, how strange to see a poor girl shaving her legs. I guess you can see anything in Washington CD.

Stephania
10-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Most people are so busy with there day that they don't notice what is right in front of there face.

Alice Torn
10-17-2013, 09:11 PM
One time, went hiking in the Cascade Mountains in Washington state, and here comes a guy totally in his bithday suit, other than hiking boots. The GG trail ranger saw him, too. This was kind of a surprise, but, the guy said nothing, and hiked like he was totally unaware he was naked. It did cause some giggles and gasps.

DianeDeBris
10-17-2013, 11:10 PM
If the man was wearing green Wellies, maybe the girls were afraid of being mistaken for sheep.
It would be quite a different proposition here in Wyoming, where the men and it's the sheep who are terrified.