PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to life

LaraPeterson
10-14-2013, 10:49 PM
After 8 months of trying to be something I'm not, I've finally started coming back to life as a CD (I only use CD is the most generic of senses because I'm so much more in many ways, but I identify with the beautiful ladies on this site, especially those who have been so kind to me). A few of you may remember that I "accidentally" outed myself to my wife and she fell apart. The good news is that we are still together, stronger than ever, and that is not about to change.

The bad news is that she is never going to accept my girly self. She has concluded that I must be suffering from some sort of mental delusion/perversion and she continues to want nothing to do with that part of me. On the other hand, after months of frank conversation, she understands that this is not some passing fancy or temporary fetish I will "outgrow."

Last night, for the first time after that long dry eight months, Lara came to life again. The wife knew it was happening so she left town for a couple of days to visit family.

At first, I was as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. I couldn't get my eyelashes on straight, my eyeshadow was uneven, my liner didn't look right, and my makeup was way too heavy. So I took it all off and tried again. As my nerves settled, everything came back into focus. When I finished my makeup and let my long brown locks settle around my shoulders, I looked in the mirror and cried.

I've missed Lara so much. It's kind of weird referring to myself in any way other than first person, but my femme self has seemed so distant and unreachable. By the time I got all my lingerie and jewelry on, I was starting to feel OK again. The dress and heels almost gave me confidence in myself. But it wasn't until I put my bag over my shoulder, got in my car and drove away from the house that I knew this was going to work.

I called a guy friend, one of the few who has known about Lara for a long time and is just that, a "friend;" we met at a little bistro not far from my town and the first words out of his mouth when he saw me was "hey gorgeous." Well, that did it! I know as well as anyone that I'm NOT gorgeous, but to have a friend try to build my confidence was very rewarding to my psyche.

We had a light snack, drank some coffee and chatted for over an hour. We drove to a local shopping center and talked for another two hours while we "window" shopped. As I tired from the hours in heels, I told him I needed to get back home. He kissed me on the cheek and thanked ME for letting him help me get back on my feet.

This is going to be a slow process. No more going out secretly. No more hiding my things. But no more conniving either. I called my wife and told her about my evening out. Her voice did not ring approval but at least it did not foment with the hatred and fear I've heard previously. I imagine this is going to be a DADT situation for the most part and I'm OK with that, I guess.

Thanks to all of you who have sent kind messages to me. Thank you for new friendships. Coming back to life is going to be fun.

Beverley Sims
10-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Lara, I say welcome back and may the stay improve.
Keep going slowly with your wife and do not get carried away if she gives you a bit more leash.
Just keep it taut and don't drag her into something she does not want.
Look forward to the fact that it may improve one day.

Rogina B
10-15-2013, 06:02 AM
Missed you,Lara... My suggestion is to design a life that works for you because you aren't going to change her attitude fast enough to suit your strong need to be yourself. If she feels "it" is an illness or whatever,I think you should satisfy your need like you did in the past...My opinion only and most likely contrary to those that don't have such a strong need to be themselves...

DeeArel
10-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Welcome back

Kate Simmons
10-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) CDing is like learning to ride a bike. Even if you don't ride one for years, you never forget how. The "raw matrial" may not be the same but that is where the challenge comes in. Is she or isn't she? Only her transformation artist knows for sure. :battingeyelashes::)

Christina Kay
11-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Welcome back Lara Glad your back in those heels again. Sounded like a night you needed to be. To be your old self Lara. Hope all works out for you and your SO. Hugs :)

MsRenee
11-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Welcome back Lara.
Like they say we cant please everybody but we can do our best.
Im sorry your wife doesnt accept you for you but who knows in time that may change.
But til then do keep her close.
Nice that you were abke to get back in touch with your true self as we all know that will never truely go away.
Have fun
Renee

Rebecca W.
12-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Hi Lara,
Welcome back to being able to express your deep inner feelings for crossdressing again. I have hoped that you would be able to work out your desires to crossdress with your wife. We all know that crossdressing can be hidden, but it will never fade away from our lives. It must have been so amazing to slip into your clothes again, just like starting for the first time.
This newly revived Lara will only be a much stronger person for all the hardship that you have endured. You are a beautiful person, from the inside out for dealing with the issue rather than walking away from it. I really admire you for your deep inner strength.

I wish you all of the best in your new adventures as Lara. I would love to hear about all of them.

Take care,

Rebecca

P.S. You are gorgeous, don't be so modest. :)

Lynn Marie
12-15-2013, 07:37 AM
I guess I wouldn't call a DADT situation a "stronger than ever" marriage. Of course I wish you well and sincerely hope things continue to improve in your life.