PDA

View Full Version : New driver's license.

steph1964
10-15-2013, 03:10 AM
Last Friday I had a doctor appointment and while I was there I asked my doctor if she would write me the required letters to get my gender changed. I just started filling out the name change paperwork and wanted to give her some time to do this. I didn't expect her to give me any on Friday. She said that she'd would need me to let her know what she needed to write for my passport and social security because she didn't remember but pulled out her pad and wrote one for my driver's license. Arizona requires specific wording but she has done it enough that she wrote it out as required while I sat there.

I had planned on waiting until my name change but when I left her office I went straight to the MVD and got a new license with a new picture and an F. Well I did after a 2 hour wait and the clerk and her supervisor having to look up what they were supposed to do. I have never been so happy to get an F.

Jeri Ann
10-15-2013, 05:53 AM
I am so happy for you. F is for Fun, Fabulous, and Finally. Good luck and please keep sharing your mile stones as well as your baby steps.

Jeri

Angela Campbell
10-15-2013, 06:03 AM
for me the F is Forever.....as in it is taking Forever.....and once done it will be Forever

I am going to wait for the name change, because I have to go to a lot of secure facilities and show an ID almost everyday and it may raise questions.

Rogina B
10-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Angela...just do as I..."You don't look like your picture".My reply.."I do,just not at this moment"....Great WTF? at times..

Angela Campbell
10-15-2013, 06:19 AM
I kind of like that one....I do get the "don't look like the picture" all the time. I have changed a great deal since the picture was taken and I really do not look at all like the person on the license.

I Am Paula
10-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Okay, so for my blonde moment. I read the Ontario laws re: drivers liscence. I was soooo excited to get some Female I.D. that I ran down to service Ontario, with my Drs. letter, and got the ball rolling. It was really easy, they took my new picture, and sent it off for approval.
The blonde moment- I hadn't got my name change yet, so I'm the proud owner of an Ontario DL with an F, and my male name. Do'oh! Sometime around Xmas, my name change will come through, and I will have to repeat the process.
Jumped the gun. But at least I have a piece of F I.D. other than my Sephora card!

kimdl93
10-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Congratulations again, Steph!

Persephone
10-15-2013, 11:51 AM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hugs,
Persephone.

Ariamythe
10-15-2013, 12:11 PM
That's great. :D

My own license drives me nuts. I have an unkempt beard in it, and buzz short hair, and just .... ugh!

steph1964
10-15-2013, 12:26 PM
The blonde moment- I hadn't got my name change yet, so I'm the proud owner of an Ontario DL with an F, and my male name. Do'oh! Sometime around Xmas, my name change will come through, and I will have to repeat the process.
Jumped the gun. But at least I have a piece of F I.D. other than my Sephora card!

My license still has my male name but at least now the picture matches how I look. I surprisingly get carded a lot because some of my friends are young looking 30 year olds, and for some reason once one gets carded, everyone does. I hope most people only look at the picture and date of birth. I also had a problem using my credit card recently because the clerk asked to see my ID and my picture didn't look anything like me.

kelliehusker
10-16-2013, 07:41 AM
That is so awesome. Congrats!!!!!

Megan72
10-18-2013, 07:19 AM
Your picture looks younger than 40...good job! Well my DL picture doesn't look like me either and my name does match my reported gender. I look Asian...it's weird but true. Congrats on this step!
Megan

Ann Louise
10-18-2013, 08:56 AM
:cheer::cheer::cheer: Congratulations!

Now keep the momentum up hun.

1. If you haven't done so already, a court-ordered name change is relatively straightforward to obtain. Talk to the court clerk, fill out a form, get a hearing date, and be your genuine self at your hearing.
2. Your social security administration "F" is only a short, very specifically worded doctor's letter away.
3. So is your passport.

The specs for both those letters are clearly given up there on their websites, as are examples of the specific text. So don't let your doctor put that pen down just yet if she's in a writing mood!

With those four heavyweight docs (court order, driver license, social security card, and passport), you're almost ready for anything they can throw at you. The only remaining sticking point for me is the birth certificate. Illinois says I absolutely need a "surgery" for their "F," and I'm getting FFS in 22 days, so that'll round it out for me.

Very happy for you!

:^5:

Ann

naraxyn
10-18-2013, 11:49 AM
We have driving licence but men licence if i wantt transform it women pic huh ?

steph1964
10-18-2013, 01:22 PM
With those four heavyweight docs (court order, driver license, social security card, and passport), you're almost ready for anything they can throw at you. The only remaining sticking point for me is the birth certificate. Illinois says I absolutely need a "surgery" for their "F," and I'm getting FFS in 22 days, so that'll round it out for me.

Very happy for you!

:^5:

Ann

I have the court paperwork but I haven't filled it out yet. But my plan is to get that done this weekend. Arizona mvd told me that they need Social Security to change my name before they will so that and my passport hopefully follow soon after.

I also want my school records changed but I haven't checked with Arizona State to see if they will even do it.

The difficulty may be my birth certificate because I was born in England. I will probably be back here to find out how to accomplish that task. But I may not bother because with my social security, passport and driver's license changed, I probably won't need it.

Rianna Humble
10-18-2013, 02:51 PM
The difficulty may be my birth certificate because I was born in England.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-gender-recognition-certificate/applying-to-the-gender-recognition-panel

Barbara Ella
10-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Good for you Steph. Keep it up girl and the world is Fing yours....lol

Barbara

steph1964
10-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the information Rianna!