PDA

View Full Version : Broke a nail

GraceUSA
09-29-2004, 12:06 AM
Last week as I was working on some computers I partically broke my thumb nail. Since I play classical guitar I tried to get it repaired later that night so I could continue practicing. Well, the repair started to come off today and I had to cut the nail.

I guess I've been lucky, this is the first nail I've broken in 7 months of having them (only 6 fingers are long since I have to keep the the fingures on the left hand short). But I do know the feeling now of when my lady friends break their nails. So much work keeping them up and looking nice and it can be gone in just a second.

Grace

babe4life
09-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Isn't it the most horrible feeling in the world? And as a general rule, men's nails are slightly stronger too ...

Love,
Vicky

JoannaDees
09-29-2004, 01:25 AM
Not my nails. They are so soft and thin, they won't grow out without being flimsy and splitting. I did try, and it was not too bad, but then picked up the guitar. As Grace said, the left hand just can't have nails. That's OK, I like the acrylic nails, and I'd not want them all the time. I have a heck of a time doing anything with nails, from buttoning a shirt, to putting on an earring to just pulling up your skirt! But, when they pop off, it's just a tube of glue away!! :D

LindaTS
09-29-2004, 07:20 AM
I know the feeling well. I really try to keep my nails long and shaped (gets me some funny looks sometimes as a guy) and hate it when I break one. Most of the time I can keep them about 1" in length and it does cause some trouble when trying to work the clasp on a necklace or bracelet but it's worth it to have them. Linda