PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh im a drag queen!!!!!

Aly Cat
10-16-2013, 11:16 AM
So I got a part in a nameless tv show for a club scene and they turned me into a drag queen! Im super excited!!! They did a total transformation. Im just waiting to go into the scene now. I cant wait!

Karren H
10-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Sweet! They need any other extras?? When's it air?

Debra Russell
10-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Yep....I wa'nna see let us know -- sounds like fun...................Debra

Kate Simmons
10-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Looks good Hon. Enjoy. I'm kind of a "ham" when it comes to acting, especially en femme. Although I don't bill myself as a DQ, just Ericka. ;):battingeyelashes::)

stephNE
10-16-2013, 11:54 AM
How exciting! Please tell us when its going to be on tv!

Chickhe
10-16-2013, 11:57 AM
You look a little beside yourself. I see heavy stage makeup, but don't see much drag queen... Its fun to hear about people taking advantage of this unique ability.

Beverley Sims
10-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Eva,
Selling your soul to the media like that.
Good effort and may it go well.

Farrah
10-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Wow!!..That sounds exciting! Maybe it'll lead to other roles. Congratulations!!

Amy Lynn3
10-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Oh my ! Georgia gets lots of movies made there. I remember when John Wayne was there filming The Green Beret. Maybe you could talk the film company into making a film, staring nothing but TG people, however, for the life of me I'm not sure where they could find enought TG people to star in it. lol

Kandy Barr
10-16-2013, 12:23 PM
How exciting, have fun and get lots of pics!

Talisker
10-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Looks great!!!

Michelle V
10-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Your make up looks great, hope you picked up a trick or two from the professional makeup crew. You look like you are ready for a night out with friends, very nice!

Judith96a
10-16-2013, 03:30 PM
You look great, and it sounds like great fun too!

robindee36
10-16-2013, 03:40 PM
You look great Eva. As they say in the theater business 'break a leg'.

Hugs, Robin

Aly Cat
10-16-2013, 04:09 PM
I was a very conservative DQ but I wasnt exactly prepaired for it. I came for a different roll. I had a blast!! The other 2 DQs there were totally flamboyant and amazing. They asked me to come back on friday for another shooting on site at an actual club. Im really trying to get off work for it. Ill be more well prepaired if I do it. Thats for sure!!

Lady Slipper
10-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Wow Eva, that's pretty cool! You look great BTW. :)

Bootsiegalore
10-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Damn! That is COOL! I have to confess..... I am a Drag Queen Too!

Chickhe
10-16-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm really curious now.... how did you end up doing the DQ role if you came there for something else?

Lex321
10-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I was a very conservative DQ but I wasnt exactly prepaired for it. I came for a different roll. I had a blast!! The other 2 DQs there were totally flamboyant and amazing. They asked me to come back on friday for another shooting on site at an actual club. Im really trying to get off work for it. Ill be more well prepaired if I do it. Thats for sure!!

I love this before and after

teri222
10-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Beautiful pictures. Wsh I could do my make-up that good just once!

Aly Cat
10-16-2013, 10:16 PM
My makeup was done by studio professionals. They spent about 45 min on me to make me beautiful. They invited me back for Friday for another day of shooting.

@Chickhe The scene was for a gay bar so I dressed the part. They couldnt use what I wore though because of logos so they saw my dress and heels and told me to put them on and head to makeup for application. I couldn't complain. I loved every minute of it. Turns out the mskeup artist next to where I was has a transgender son and so we talked a lot. It was very cool. I was flying high for a very long time afterwards but that plane just crashed. I wont explain why though in this thread. Im glad you all enjoyed the pics. Ill take some more on friday and post them up. I will be on my own with the makeup friday though. Its on location so I dont have a prep team this time. Im terrified of doing it myself. I forsee a lot of youtube in tomorrows future...

Ashanti
10-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Wow! You look gorgeous Eva!

Skittles
10-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Very nice!! You look pretty hot!

docrobbysherry
10-17-2013, 12:56 AM
What a cool experience, Eva. I only hope they didn't film the entire thing with u laying down?

paulaprimo
10-17-2013, 02:12 AM
very exciting, congrats to you! :)

mariehart
10-17-2013, 04:49 AM
Sounds great. When I originally signed up with an Extras agency, one of the questions on the form was whether I would be prepared to cross dress for a role. I ticked that box enthusiastically. Sadly it never happened. I was consistently typecast as cop and other macho roles. I was often deeply envious of the women in period costumes. Most of you will have seen 'The Tudors'. I auditioned for a part in it but never did get a part although I was often at the studio where it was made and saw the clothes up close. They were beautiful.

I did end up in one movie where the star was crossdressed, Cillian Murphy, and he looked amazing. But that was the closest I got.

It remains my dream though. Still waiting for that call.

DonnaT
10-17-2013, 04:09 PM
The only thing I see wrong with the DQ image they've created is the hair.

Not big enough. Not flamboyant enough. Looks too natural.

Stephania
10-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Very nice pics. You go

Maria in heels
10-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Eva...you look amazing! And how lucky are you...they want you back and you weren't even there for this roll.....you are a natural

Brooklyn
10-17-2013, 09:50 PM
You better sissy dat walk! WORK IT

Aly Cat
10-19-2013, 12:15 AM
Update! So I went back today for the rest of the shooting. Ok, let me preface this with the fact that I don't dance...Or didn't. So I show up and I look my prettiest I can muster for getting up at 5am. I'm filling out all the release papers and whatnot when one of the casting directors says "ma'am" I look up at her and she's looking right at me. She says..."ma'am I need you to fill these papers or as well." I say ok and she takes a step back with a surprised look on her face. She says "I'm sorry sir". I of course respond that not to worry, I consider that a compliment. She laughs and goes about her business.
During lunch, I sit down at the same table as her and we start talking. I explain that I've never really done drag before this whole experience and that I am transgender. I explained the differences between drag which is more showy and diva like and transgender which is more of an inward feeling of femininity and wanting the outside to match the inside. After the explanation, she says..."now that you mention it I can definitely see the difference between you and the other drag queens. You look really nice wearing something that a regular woman would wear, which is why I mistakened you earlier, and the DQs look very flamboyant. So it's wrong of me to say you are representing drag queens. You are officially representing the transgender community on this show!"
After all the shooting was over, the primary directing producer for the day chases me down and asks me if I would like to be one of their core extra group. (There are only 5 including me in that group.) So yay!!
Now, for the rest of the day it was murderous dancing for hours and hours on end. I was featured on the big stage with about 15 others out of the 100 that were there. I was directed to come to the front during the dancing and basically be on center stage. I DON'T DANCE!! I felt like a fool but did my best to get over my shyness and cut loose. I did and am glad I did! I was put on center stage several times throughout the day. When finally down on the dance floor for the final shots, the wardrobe director ran up to me and she started dancing with me right on camera! All in all, the crew is amazing and I had a wonderful time! In addition, now Tyler Perry has someone from the transgender community on his crew representing!.....even if I am just an extra.

Oh!! I almost forgot! I took some pics! I wasn't allowed to take any at the location so these are just what I took while I was driving and one that I snuck in when no one was looking! ;)
Enjoy!

mariehart
10-19-2013, 04:41 AM
Sounds like a great day. I worked on dozens of productions as an Extra over the years and I really miss it now. I'd go back anytime if my childminding commitments didn't prevent it. I too DON'T DANCE but ended up in two productions featuring weddings where I had to dance, for hours and for several days running. But it's what you sign up for. Working on movies you end doing some crazy stuff.

Unluckily I was never asked to drag up or crossdress but during the wedding shoots I didn't envy the women who had to wear the same dress, have the same hair and wear the same heels for nearly a week. At least I could change my shirt. One woman I became close to was also on both shoots wearing the same dress. She swore she'd never wear it again!

Which reminds me, one of the crew was a crossdresser. He was underdressed on the set, wearing women's jeans and a polo shirt, shaved arms and cultured eyebrows. But you could only see that if you looked closely. It was confirmed for me when I overheard one of the other crew telling her friend about him. Unfortunately I never got a chance to chat to him.

Hopefully you'll get more extra work. It's really great fun.

Marcelle
10-19-2013, 05:23 AM
Wow Eva,

That sounds like a great time . . . thanks for sharing as it always nice to hear great stories like this.

Hugs

Isha

samanthasolo
10-19-2013, 05:57 AM
Eva all your photos look FANTASTIC! I have to say that the makeup professionals paled in comparison to you skills where it boils down to YOU doing YOU. Your makeup looks flawless, lovely, and natural in the picture that you were driving to the shoot. Good for you Hon!

Aly Cat
10-19-2013, 06:43 AM
Eva all your photos look FANTASTIC! I have to say that the makeup professionals paled in comparison to you skills where it boils down to YOU doing YOU. Your makeup looks flawless, lovely, and natural in the picture that you were driving to the shoot. Good for you Hon!

Thank you! I'm really not into wearing drag makeup and clothes. I want to look pretty rather than showy. So basically I went as a transgender individual and had the freedom to express myself in a safe environment and still got paid at the drag queen rate! It was amazing.

The real difference between myself and the drag queens really shined through when the day was over. They all couldn't wait to change back into drab and be guys again. I just simply changed outfits into another less dressy skirt and swapped the heels out for a cute pair of flats. I wanted to stay dressed forever and they all just wanted to be boys again.

S. Lisa Smith
10-19-2013, 07:41 AM
What a great adventure and you look wonderful!!

Michelle V
10-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Awesome thread, the more you add to it the more interesting it gets, looks like your life as Eva is really taking off! Congratulations, enjoy the road ahead.

Julie95
10-19-2013, 08:59 AM
WOW! That's great, you're beautiful!!!

Julie

SherylB
10-19-2013, 09:32 AM
You lucky woman you!! The pics are great but the exposure you got and the casting and the entire experience you narrated must've definitely been better!!!

Sabrina133
10-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Wow sweetie, you look awesome. Congratulations and have buckets of fun.

nancy123cd
10-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Lucky you!

Aly Cat
10-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Ok so I have finally gotten the information for the tv show that I will be on. It is Tyler Perry's show Haves and Have Nots. It will air in May of next year. The episode is #123 or #125. The title to it is Maggie's Revenge. I guess well see if I make it onto the big screen!

Chickhe
10-21-2013, 01:24 AM
Thanks for sharing this! ...I really believe there is a growing interest in TG people. It is a bit selfish driven by a TV show wanting to be unique to gain support (that's okay). But, if you think about how exaggerated TV shows are, DQs are a good fit because they are so obvious, guys doing ugly drag as CDers were once good for a laugh and people wonder why there are not too many TG people...I think it is because there are and we just don't know it, or there aren't because a woman might be viewed as being able to play the same part...so no need to go looking specifically for TG actors... but at the same time, as a TG actor you might be in demand just because you are different, because you are not the usual DQ or guy in a dress! ...way to go! Really happy for you.

Tracii G
10-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Wow how cool is that I can't wait to see the episode.
Have now idea who Tyler Perry is but I'll watch it just the same.