PDA

View Full Version : Oh Bummer

RT_IsMe
10-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Well, I got on here and did my intro post and then read some of the threads here in the M2F Crossdressing forum. I then hopped over the pictures section and checked out some of the post and photos. It actually gave me the nerve to post one of two of the photos that I have taken in the past. There is no way that I am passable especially with a goatee and having hair covering my entire body. But some of the post the I saw the guys were not passable either but were still willing to post a photo to share with everyone. If they could do it... So can I.

It took a while for me to find the photos since I have so many files on my hard drives. I finally found them today and came by to post a photo or maybe even two. What I found was the guys dropping by to just surf photos have caused the mods to shut down the forum so I can see them anymore. Bummer....

I did at least resize one of the photo and uploaded it as a profile photo.

You know its a real bummer that a few have to ruin the fun of the rest of us.

RT

Judith96a
10-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Once you have ten or more posts you'll be able to see the galleries again

RT_IsMe
10-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Yeah, but I just have to think that there are others out there that would never post anything because they don't have the self confidence in how they look, or feel like it needs to be hidden.

I am glad that I have a wife that some what accepts my dressing, so even though I am in no way passable, I have been "seen" by someone that accepts it. However, I would have never even though about posting a picture if I had not seen the other photos on here.

RT

Karren H
10-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Don't look at me.... I don't pass but then again I don't try to..... or even care...

ALEXISMARISA
10-16-2013, 03:56 PM
I have been following for some time now and as well never felt comfortable to post pictures, but I did today, and will from here on out. :0)

Christina Kay
10-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I never felt comfortable nor passable, to post a photo. Was dressing the other day and on the spur of the moment did take a partial photo, and use it as my avatar....well now that the ice is broken,,, Hugs :)

AmyGaleRT
10-16-2013, 08:03 PM
And to think I was once too shy and uncertain to think I'd ever post pictures...now I've probably got more pictures in the gallery than 90% of girls here...I didn't mean to turn into a camera w***e, honest! :D

RT, just keep posting, you'll unlock the gallery again.

- Amy

Beverley Sims
10-17-2013, 12:19 AM
What is so hard about making ten posts, I do it all the time. :)

docrobbysherry
10-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Most of us can't pass. But, we go out anyway.

Robinsinclair
10-17-2013, 03:03 AM
It's going to take a while before I get brave enough to post a picture.

I can see both sides of the "10 posts required...".

I spent a lot of time looking at the pictures others posted before the moderators changed the policy. Much of that time was trying to figure out what others were doing that made them look more "presentable". I learned a lot and what I learned certainly helped on my last "outing". Of course, I learned from Youtube videos, other sites and general observation.

OTOH, I am sure there are those who never posted anything and did nothing but surf the pictures. The 10 posts policy provides at least a little bit of knowledge about the person behind the "name" before allowing more complete access. More important, it shows that the people who run this forum (thank you!!!) have our privacy and security in mind.

And it's encouraged me to participate more - which is the whole point....

-RS

Marcelle
10-17-2013, 03:23 AM
The first picture post is always the hardest . . . then it gets easier . . . then again easier and before you know it . . . you spend more time in front of the camera and less time posting folksy wisdom . . . okay I do both :)

Hugs

Isha

linda allen
10-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Don't make the mistake of thinking you have privacy and security on the Internet, here or anywhere else. Nobody came out to people's homes and checked to make sure they are who they said they are, and some folks walk away from their computers while logged in or even allow others to use their accounts (against the rules but unenforceable). It takes just a couple keystrokes or mouse clicks to copy a photo and save it or post it to another site. And for all you know, a neighbor or co-worker is a member here. You lose control of anything you post to the Internet. You can delete it but it's on a backup somewhere and you don't know that someone hasn't already copied it to their computer or posted it on another website.

If you don't care, posting photos is fine. If you feel your presentation is good enough to disguise your "male self" or if the photos are from far enough away that you are not recognizable, fine.

If you're posting close-ups of yourself with a beard or bald head, anyone who may know you will recognize you. For some of us it's no big deal, we are even proud of it. For others, it could cost us a job, a wife, and a family.

Think about the risk to you before posting photos.

Lynn Marie
10-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Personally, I just don't get it. To me, a picture without a face is a waste of time. I've never taken one, and I have no interest in looking at one. I post a few of my best pictures on Flickr more as an archive than as a way to garner compliments and approval.

linda allen
10-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Lynn Marie, I clicked the link and have to compliment you on your photos. You look like a GG and you dress your age. They are very nice.

Back on topic, I wonder sometimes if some of the really good photos are actually photos of the person posting them or if a few folks here get a thrill out of posting photos of "hot" GGs and claiming that they are photos of themselves. I am aware that some of the avatar photos are not of the person posting them. It is the Internet so you never know for sure.

AmyGaleRT
10-17-2013, 09:45 PM
I wonder sometimes if some of the really good photos are actually photos of the person posting them or if a few folks here get a thrill out of posting photos of "hot" GGs and claiming that they are photos of themselves. I am aware that some of the avatar photos are not of the person posting them. It is the Internet so you never know for sure.

Not mine! Every picture I've posted that I've asserted to be of myself, I set up the camera, posed for the pictures (often with music), loaded them to my computer, selected the best ones, cropped and resized them to meet this site's requirements, and posted them with appropriate narrative. You may be assured that they're all 100% Amy®©™. Accept no substitutes! ;)

- Amy

msginaadoll
10-17-2013, 10:28 PM
10 posts are eady to get. Not to worried about people cause the important people know Im real or have seen me.