PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Else Been "Pink-Fogged" by the Smell of New Clothes?

Taylor Ray
10-17-2013, 05:26 PM
I picked up some tops today at a Lane Bryant flash sale. I noticed when I was removing the tags and trying them on at home that they had a "Lane Bryant" new clothing smell to them, and it was really "pink fogging" me hardcore.

Anyone else have experiences of olfactory associations with CDing?

Lorileah
10-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Never noticed that men's and women's clothes on the rack smelled differently. I have noticed some of the newer denim smells awful

Christina Kay
10-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Wasn't clothes but a new leather hand bag...never had that happen before,,and i was "pink-fogged" :) hugs

Karren H
10-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Never noticed that men's and women's clothes on the rack smelled differently. I have noticed some of the newer denim smells awful

The smell of jeans matches the looks? Lol

sheilagirl
10-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Nice observation, Taylor.
I get "Pink-Fogged" the minute I walk into the the ladies department of a store. Make-up and Fragrancies, especially. Lingerie, always!

NANNETTE
10-17-2013, 06:20 PM
I have always liked the smell of new tights/pantyhose.

Taylor Ray
10-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Nice observation, Taylor.
I get "Pink-Fogged" the minute I walk into the the ladies department of a store. Make-up and Fragrancies, especially. Lingerie, always!

Yes, I agree. The ladies section of a department store is really loaded with fragrances! I guess there might be an olfactory, visual, and tactile element to CDing. I wonder if there are any members on this site that wear women's clothing that is more male-ish -- perhaps boyish lingerie, slacks, or women's suits? Some of the 'androgynous' women's clothing might lack the visual sensation of a great dress or skirt.

docrobbysherry
10-17-2013, 08:38 PM
I'll admit it. I buy nearly ALL my clothes second hand. And, many have an lite, but deliteful perfumy fragrance! If it's too strong, I give the item a pass!

I walk thru the women's depts. in dept. stores all the time. And, except for the perfume counter, I don't smell anything unusual. Unless a female shopper passes close by!

Karren H
10-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Ahhhh...The scent of the Crossdresser that wore it prior...Sherry? Lol

BLUE ORCHID
10-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Hi Taylor, All I have to do is think about dressing and the PINK FIG sucks me right into it

Kate Simmons
10-18-2013, 04:32 AM
New one on me Hon. I know new clothes off the rack have a particular smell but nothing about it induces me to want to dress in them. i guess you learn something every day.:)

erickka
10-18-2013, 05:20 AM
Only when near the fragrance counter or a fresh shipment of leather skirts/shoes/handbags!

Lynn Marie
10-18-2013, 08:47 AM
My local Value Village sprays everything with Fabreeze. At first I thought they washed everything and used scented dryer sheets. So I asked. I wash everything as soon as I get home, "dry clean only" included just to be sure nothing is going to run so that takes care of the smell. The only "pink fogging" I get is when I'm looking particularly fetching when dressed and my mirror is smiling at me! I think it's actually "hitting" on me.

Heather_Shirly
10-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Can someone help me out and define "pink-fog". I think i have an idea but it would be nice to by on the same page as everyone else.

Beverley Sims
10-18-2013, 09:52 AM
I get pink fogged by the smell of mothballs. :)

JenniferR771
10-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Oh yes! I get a certain feeling when I open my storage bin and smell my own perfume when it is on my favorite wig. Brings back fun memories.
And I love the smell of polyester in the morning. Spandex, too.

Taylor Ray
10-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Yes Jennifer! Those are some amazing associations. I do love to open the closet where I have my wigs. There is a distinct smell that I have come to love. And nylon and spandex leggings too

nancy123cd
10-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Fresh nylons for me.