PDA

View Full Version : Voice Feminization Apps

Ariamythe
10-18-2013, 07:49 AM
I was looking for online resources related to voice feminization and I stumbled on these:

EVA Voice Feminization Apps for iOS and Android (http://exceptionalvoiceapp.com/)

I've seen Kathe Perez's paid "crash course" before (a few of you even recommended her to me), but I'd never heard of these. Has anyone tried them? They're $4.99 each, but you can buy them as you need them and being on the phone seems convenient. But then, I'm a slave to my iPhone.

I think I'm going to grab the Pitch and Breathe apps and give them a try. It beats a $130 self-taught class ...

dunkelkreuz
10-19-2013, 11:44 AM
thanks for the link aria, i don't own an android but i will try this link at my support group and see how their responses are.

whowhatwhen
10-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Looks like it's last update was on the 10th so at least it's being worked on, kinda wish there was a trial though before plopping down almost $6

Persephone
10-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Interesting! Says the Android app for pitch only runs on Galaxy 3 and I have a Galaxy 4.

What the world really needs is an app that alters the pitch on the phone in real time. That would be awesome!

After all, my middle name is phone!

Hugs,
Persephone.

dreamer_2.0
10-19-2013, 01:42 PM
Quite intrigued by this. Would love to see some reviews of it.

whowhatwhen
10-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Interesting! Says the Android app for pitch only runs on Galaxy 3 and I have a Galaxy 4.

Looks like me and my GNex are out then.
:(

Ariamythe
10-19-2013, 02:51 PM
I've played around with the first two apps, Pitch and Breathe, for a day now. I will probably write a longer review this weekend, but my first impression is that it's a step above the kind of static tutorial videos you may buy online. The interactive tools are a nice way to get immediate feedback; they're a bit basic, but better than nothing at all.

whowhatwhen
10-19-2013, 03:44 PM
It's compatible with my modded Iconia A100 tablet but then again it's let me install other things that ended up not working.
Not sure if I want to risk it or not...
Not compatible with the Galaxy Nexus though which sucks big time.

E:
Anyone brave enough to run it on their non-S3 device?
You can refund within 15 minutes IIRC but I don't think my prepaid CC does refunds properly :/

Julie8181
10-20-2013, 12:12 AM
I downloaded "Pitch" a few weeks back, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll post my feedback as well, once I've spent some time with it.

Ariamythe
10-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Corrine, unfortunately I can't speak to the Android issue. I'm running it on an iPhone.

Rachel Smith
10-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Guess my flip phone won't cut it huh? LOL.

JohnH
10-20-2013, 09:34 PM
In my case I have still been ma'amed when I open my mouth to speak. As I have revealed on other posts I have a deep voice by male standards. I sing second bass in a choir setting. So I am not going to worry about the pitch of my voice.

Johanna

gonegirl
10-21-2013, 12:35 AM
That's fascinating Johanna. I've seen you post often about your voice and I'm quite intrigued, as I'm sure many other people are as well.

What is it about you, do you believe, that makes people address you as a woman when you speak with a "deep male voice by male standards."

Please share.

JohnH
10-21-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry I mislead you all. I did not mean to say I was perceived to be a genetic woman all the time - rather I was amazed that people would still read me as a woman after talking - which happens only some of the time. Most of the time after I talk I am perceived as a man. However, that does not bother me.

Johanna

Ariamythe
10-21-2013, 09:36 PM
As promised, I have written up my impressions after using the first two Eva apps for a couple of days.

Eva Breathe and Eva Pitch Review (http://transgenderscience.tumblr.com/post/64704519515/eva-breathe-eva-pitch-review)

dreamer_2.0
10-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the review. :)

whowhatwhen
10-21-2013, 11:50 PM
**** It.
Tomorrow, if my CC is loaded up I will purchase the pitch app on my tablet since it'll let me install anything apparently.
The worst outcome is that it doesn't work, but the developer gets support so it's not that bad. I'll post the result when I get it.

I'd do it tonight except I stopped for an ice cappuccino and banana nut muffin on the way home so I'm $2 short.
;)

Zooey_91
10-22-2013, 09:37 AM
My phone's too old :(

Jorja
10-22-2013, 09:57 AM
I wonder if this App will work with rock and chisel or congo drums?

whowhatwhen
10-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Launches and does one of the exercises fine on my A100 tablet.
My best guess as to why it's locked to the S3 and iPhone would be that it's calibrated for their microphones.

Regardless, rooted/modded droid users should still be able to install and run it.*
*Don't blame me if something breaks ;)

I'm not quite sure how you bypass the Google Play store check though, on my A100 it just came that way with the ROM I installed. You'd have to do a bit of searching to find out how.

Rianna Humble
10-22-2013, 12:15 PM
From what I read, the app rocks and you are not being chiseled at that price :heehee:

Angela Campbell
10-22-2013, 12:30 PM
I have the thirty day crash course, and the breathe and pitch is the very first thing she starts with, (week one) much like you describe in your review. I am a musician so I already have pitch analyzers and recorders and tuners so I found it pretty easy to set up may daily practice routine.

AveryS
10-22-2013, 01:35 PM
My thoughts on the app... I just bought Eva|Pitch on iPhone. I have pretty good pitch anyway - not a great singing voice, but pitch is typically on. The exercises are strictly "He" "Ha" and "Hoo" in the pitch of A3. There is nothing to help with words and sentences other than a recorded video ("Say this word. Did it sound like you did it right?"... wow, helpful) - nothing to help analyze if you're staying in female range while reciting sentences etc. I can nail the practice - avg 98% - but how do I know if the lower dips in my speaking voice are okay or not? For a basic pitch analyzer for a single note, there are free apps all over the place, and the instructional videos are nothing you can't get for free online. I was really hoping for more...

Angela Campbell
10-22-2013, 01:48 PM
I use a recorder to listen to how it sounds. In the course she gives examples of her students to listen to and tells what they are doing right and wrong so you can learn how to tell when you listen back to yourself. This really helps because what your voice sounds like is not what your ears is hearing when you talk at all. I got a little digital recorder (just like on ghost hunters LOL) so I can practice when I am driving for hours on end, and a small guitar tuner to check the pitch. I know...... I only have a flip phone.

She also goes over pitch, breathing, articulation, fluency, resonance and other parts of the female voice.