PDA

View Full Version : Your own favorite dress, or do you switch favorites often?

Alice Torn
10-18-2013, 10:44 AM
My very first dress was my favorite...until i got the next one, and the next, then the next. I have about 25 dresses, and just gave two away. I really don't need any more, and i really can't afford any, even though i buy 99% used. A wise person said, "Happiness is not found in always having what you want, but in wanting what you have." I must say, that my dresses are hidden from view, but lately, i have hung them up to observe them, and I like everyone as my favorite one!

Lexi Moralas
10-18-2013, 10:49 AM
I have a tight black long sleeve mini dress that I think will always be my favorite

Allison Quinn
10-18-2013, 10:57 AM
My favorite will probably and forever be the first one that I picked out by myself c:

Beverley Sims
10-18-2013, 11:43 AM
My favorite dress went to dress heaven a long time ago.
I still dream about it. :)

Kate Simmons
10-18-2013, 12:23 PM
My favorites are actually any I can dance freely in. If they swirl while I dance, all the better. Wish I'd had the chance to be one of Fred Astaire's leading ladies.:daydreaming::)

sometimes_miss
10-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Cheerleader. Never changed.

reb.femme
10-18-2013, 03:12 PM
I've got two favourites actually.

One is mine, a LBD that my wife bought for me last Christmas http://www.rebsweb.co.uk/images/Reb13022013g.jpg

The other belongs to my wife and I get to wear it when I like http://www.rebsweb.co.uk/images/Reb_1726_700h.jpg :)

Rebecca

Stephanie47
10-18-2013, 03:22 PM
I have exactly one hundred dresses. That's too many! I know! I think one of my favorites is my selection of today. It's a short sleeve knee length Venezia Jeans black with red roses pattern and flutter sleeves. It must be my favorite since I have bought two on eBay. That's why I decided to make a word document to keep track of them and print out pictures. It's not the $$$, but, the space to store them.

garfield9951
10-18-2013, 06:12 PM
One favorite one that i like that i keep going back to.

DianeDeBris
10-18-2013, 07:22 PM
At any moment in time, my favorite dress is always the one I'm planning to wear the following day!

Maryesther M.
10-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Like Alice T., I expect the next dress I'd actually purchase would become my 'favourite'.....until I plunged for the next one, and the next.......

For me personally, dresses unless they are specifically tailored to my measurements just don't work at all. No dress off-the-peg would cater for a sartorial 'ten-inch-drop', in my case 43" over 33", further distorted by even small forms at 45" up top. That translates into UK size 20/22 over 14/16, depending on the make, so dresses don't even start to fit anywhere.

I've tried halternecks, which don't cover my shoulders, worn with a shrug or bolero, but the halters are invariably far too short and don't allow the waist to get anywhere near mine, so long is my torso (difficult for my murderer to pack into a suitcase!), so it's an expensive call to the e-tailors for me.

I say E-tailors, because I'd never have the nerve to actually walk into a real tailor's shop to be fitted for a bespoke dress!

M.

Robin777
10-18-2013, 08:15 PM
I have one favorite dress that I purchased years ago off of Newport News clothing on the net years ago. I love that dress. For a while it wouldn't fit until I lost some weight. Now it fits again! I wore it again the other night. Now with cooler weather setting in I will have to put it in storage again to next summer. :(

BLUE ORCHID
10-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Hi Alice, I have one black party dress with rhinestones and sequins that has to be my favorite.

AmyGaleRT
10-18-2013, 11:39 PM
I have around 75 dresses by now, and I like too many of them to really have a "favorite." I'd have to divide them up by favorite casual, favorite summer dress, favorite fancy dress, favorite maxi, favorite dressy...

- Amy

Kat42
10-19-2013, 04:00 AM
I have a couple fav's... But alas I've out grown them,,,, need to find something in my new size... Also more closet space to hold them!

Cheryl T
10-19-2013, 04:25 AM
My favorite is one I had years ago. It was a cowl neck, long sleeve, chocolate brown dress with sash belt. It was the first I bought in person (in drab) at a local tall girls shop. It fit like a glove and was so soft and clingy.
Of course I wasn't out then and it became victim to a purge.
I do wish I had that dress now.

Ms Jennifer
10-19-2013, 04:39 AM
All of them are my favorite. I try to give the ones that do not fit as well back to Goodwill and miss them as soon as they go.

Janice An
10-19-2013, 04:46 AM
My favorite is the one I'm wearing right now. Its a 50's retro style with a full skirt that is a couple inches below the knee. It has short puffy sleeve and a high collared neck line with a back zip closure. The color is either black or a very dark brown (its hard for me to tell) with very small muted red polka dots.
My red petticoat flares the skirt just right.

samanthasolo
10-19-2013, 05:29 AM
I would have to say that I don't have a favorite dress but any of the dresses that my wife has bought for me or she has encouraged me to buy are the ones I am most fond of. I am also very lucky that I am able to keep all my dresses, tops, and skirts mixed among my wife's clothing. We share pretty much everything except for shoes and lingerie and nothing makes me happier than when my wife comes home from work and she is wearing one of my dresses and looking as sweet as can be.

linda allen
10-19-2013, 02:17 PM
While I have a few dresses, I mostly wear skirts and blouses. I don't have any favorites, I like some better than others, but there are no favorites.

MMollyB88
10-19-2013, 02:23 PM
My fave was a cotton black dress that fit and showed off my figure perfectly. I adored it. I was in love with it. It felt amazing against my body while I was walking or dancing. Well, it felt amazing at all times actually. Then I found out my GF accidentally threw it away :0. I was devastated lol. I like to think she threw it away because I looked better than her in my favorite dress than she did in hers lol. Time to find a new favorite one now though ;)

Alice Torn
10-19-2013, 02:23 PM
"Favorite" doesn't last too long on anything, including dresses! I guess my favorite car engine, is a Mopar slant six. My favorite dress right now, is a maroon brown sleevelss, a few inches below the knees, that is A line, and would really swirl nice, if i was dancing.

Amy07
10-19-2013, 04:05 PM
My best dress is a burgundy sweaterdress, mid line belt. From VS.
That with tights, heels or boots, I feel great.

Allison2006
10-19-2013, 04:44 PM
My favorite is usually my newest one. :)

Eryn
10-19-2013, 07:07 PM
I have a lot of favorites. Summer favorites, winter favorites, holiday favorites, special occasion favorites and sentimental favorites!

boots
10-19-2013, 07:18 PM
My favorite is my black pvc dress with thigh boots

Abbygirl
10-19-2013, 07:25 PM
I have a few dresses I consider my favorites, but I'm always in search of my next favorite dress. My current favorite is the pink with white polka dot halter neck swing dress shown below, I like to wear it with a petticoat and a matching pink-with-white-polka dot hair bow.
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r592/iamabbygirl/pinup_zps9443e4fa.jpg

Janine cd
10-19-2013, 09:30 PM
My very most favorite dress is a black knit knee-hem party dress. It has been with me for at least five years.

lauren_m
10-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Like Eryn, I have favorites in several categories: favorite LBD, favorite formal, favorite spring floral, favorite career dress, favorite clubbing dress, etc. It's been a while since I've stumbled upon a new favorite, but I found one just last week -- I'm not sure what category it belongs in, but it's definitely among my all-time overall faves!

Rachael Leigh
10-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Wow 25 dresses never had that many ever even when I had a much larger wardrobe than I have now. I know I did have a pretty velvet dark blue dressy dress and loved that one with my heels.

Abbey11
10-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Abbygirl, The pink polka dot dress is fabulous, I'm very jealous, can I ask where you got it, I simply must have one!

Alice B
10-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Like Alice T, Alice B's favorite is the next one I buy. Could even be tomorrow.