PDA

View Full Version : While You Were Sleeping

Aly Cat
10-20-2013, 06:20 PM
So I have a question for you ladies...

Do you ever sleep in your wigs? I mean...are they uncomfortable to sleep in or are you just afraid of getting massive bed head that you would have to brush out in the morning? Has anyone tried this? What was your experience with it?

ArleneRaquel
10-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Very often while "I rest my eyes", I leave my wig on. These sessions rarely last more than 20 minutes, so far, and theis is after many years, no problems here, but this might not answer your question.

linda allen
10-20-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't sleep in my wig. I don't think it's meant for that and I expect it would come off during the night. Of course, you can try it with your wig and see how it works out for you.

Karren H
10-20-2013, 06:44 PM
I've slept in my wigs (usually fully dressed) many a time without any problems....

Cynthia Anne
10-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Although I don't make a habit of it I have done so many a times! Just brush it good when I get up!

BumpinBumpin
10-20-2013, 07:32 PM
I am lucky enough to have naturally long hair (around waist length) so I have no need for wigs, though sometimes I wish I did as the real stuff is a pain to live with at times, bed hair, windy days, etc.

I now realise I have added nothing to this thread and wasted everyone's time. I apologise.

Elisa Lace
10-20-2013, 08:28 PM
I've never slept with my wig on... but wouldn't do it for anything though. I had shoulder length hair a few years ago and it was definitely uncomfortable at night. My hair would sweep around my face and wake me up which sucked big time. I wouldn't risk messing up a wig just to play sleeping beauty though...

S. Lisa Smith
10-20-2013, 08:31 PM
No, my dogs would eat it....

Elisa Lace
10-20-2013, 09:04 PM
I don't know why, but that post cracked me up! hahaha

S. Lisa Smith
10-20-2013, 09:30 PM
It's true though, just look at them...

Jilmac
10-20-2013, 09:38 PM
I have slept in my wig numerous times with no ill effects.

Caitlin_85
10-20-2013, 09:52 PM
I always sleep with a wig on...I just don't feel right being dressed and not having it on. It does take a bit of getting used to having longer hair and sleeping though. But I love it.

Stephanie47
10-20-2013, 10:22 PM
I tried sleeping in a wig several times. I toss and turn a lot during the night. It did not work out!

Lorileah
10-20-2013, 11:32 PM
wow, those who can sleep in your wigs, how do you a) keep it on without clips (which hurt when you lay on them) and b) keep it from tangling so bad you need a weed whacker? I can't imagine. Even napping in mine I need 15 minutes to comb it back out

Beverley Sims
10-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Do I sleep in my wigs?
No I sleep in my pajamas. :)

countrygirl
10-21-2013, 05:05 AM
Once I put it up in foam curlers and bobby pins yes I sleep un it. it is not right to be dresses and not be in one in my opinion.

samanthasolo
10-21-2013, 05:56 AM
I have a wig that I kept after purchasing a few better ones that I kept for that specific reason, I have only done it on a few occasions and had no issues. Because of your bed head concerns, you might want to choose to do so in a wig that might have seen its better days before deciding to pit it to rest. Hehe! Pun intended. Sleeping in your wig will quickly shorten its life

Cheryl T
10-21-2013, 07:10 AM
I never sleep in mine. Being synthetic it's not good for the fibers and the style. Besides, it's not that comfortable. I did it a few times years ago and woke with a headache each time, not to mention a really bad hair day.

Tina B.
10-21-2013, 07:31 AM
I've been known to nap in a wig, even long naps never seem to be a problem, no clips, just good tight fitting wig, and I do toss and turn when sleeping.

BLUE ORCHID
10-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Hi Eva Lynn, Only when I fall asleep at my computer while dressed.
One time I woke up and had a whole page full of mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,s

SherriePall
10-21-2013, 08:30 AM
I would be afraid of crushing my wig while sleeping in it. I'd also be afraid of my wife coming home and finding me sleeping in my wig and whatever else I might be wearing at the time.

stacycoral
10-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Yes I do sometimes like last night, it just feels nature, but on the other hand my hair piece is mad of 100% human hair, and it does make a difference on how it feels on you, much more comfortable, and when I don't have it on I miss it so much, hug girl

5150 Girl
10-21-2013, 09:45 AM
I think it depends on how much one tosses and turn during the night. If you are a restless sleeper I think you could end yo tangling it into a million knots by morning! I toss a lot in the night; this I imagine if I tried it it would end up on the floor with the dogs making a nest out of it :(

karennjcd
10-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Eva, since I do make a routine of sleeping en femme, I have slept in wigs on occasion. However as others have pointed out, they tend to come off in one's sleep while moving around, or they get in one's face. Once I awoke with some stray hair in my mouth. The key here is what do GG's do? Not all sleep with their hair "down" -- they put it in ponytail, pigtails, bun, etc. to keep their own hair out of their faces when sleeping. So why not do the same with a wig? I also note that my more curly wigs are easier to sleep in than the straight hair. Sure they get messed up a little bit, but that can be fixed, same way one fixes "bed head" with their own hair. And if one is closeted anyhow and nobody sees you, who cares?

Karen :)

kristinmarch
10-21-2013, 03:01 PM
No but i do tend to sleep in the nude or if it's realy cold Female PJs dont like ruining my 100% human hair wigs

sometimes_miss
10-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Yes, I used to sleep in my wigs a lot. But then, I don't move around when I sleep. How much you move while you are sleeping will determine how much time you will have to spend picking tangles out of your wigs; wigs don't usually respond to trying to brush them out; it damages the strands, whether real hair or synthetic. If you watch real girls with long hair, you'll see them picking tangles out of their hair. You'll be doing the same. Welcome to one of the 'joys' of being a girl. Beauty does not come easy.

StephanieDragg
10-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Much harder to brush out if I sleep in it !! so if I get home and lounge around awhile that's fine, but like the wigs to look nice when I go out

Lindseynrva
10-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Have not found a comfortable way to sleep in mine.

casper064
10-22-2013, 04:13 PM
No. because I will try not to move so much while sleeping, and this make me not able to sleep well.

Loni
10-23-2013, 12:29 AM
for some reason all i can picture is the bed scean in the movie tootsie.

i have fallen asleep with a wig still on, but would not do so planed.
as why ruin a good wig, nobody sees me while iam sleeping so not a problem.