PDA

View Full Version : Is the day after Halloween just as good?

Maria 60
10-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Friday we were driving to the store and my wife told me how tired I look. She said that I've been so busy and stressed lately why don't I take a day off, even better take a Maria day off Halloween day. She said on Halloween she would help me get dressed, and i drive her to work and then I should drive a little bit of of the city and do what ever I my heart desires and then pick her up for lunch, if I am not comfortable going into a restaurant she could get the food and we could eat in the car and then go around a few more hours and pick her up from work, and you don't have to worry about getting pulled over or seeing someone after all its Halloween. I told her that sounds great but Halloween is on a Thursday this year and she knows Thursday is my busiest day,and if it was on Friday if would have been a go. She said Friday is just as good and there will be a lot of offices or work places having people dress on the Friday also,I wasn't convinced and told her I know there are parties a week before or the friday night and the weekend after but during the day is different. She was sure it would be fine even on the Friday. In my opinion I don't think it's as convincing as the Thursday, Friday is not Halloween. What do you think if you seen someone on the Friday during the day dressed would you think it was fine or would you think it wasn't appropriate to be dressed the next day?

Dee Baker
10-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Hey Maria,

As Halloween falls on a weekday this year I believe adult celebrations/parties will be minimized. I think if you want to dress on a Friday or Saturday the week before Halloween is the time to do it.
After October 31 its over till next year.

Karren H
10-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Personally I think every day is as good as Halloween to go out enfemme!

S. Lisa Smith
10-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Personally I think every day is as good as Halloween to go out enfemme!
I agree!!

Pandys
10-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Halloween parties will run through the weekend, go for it!

Launa
10-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Most Halloween parties are on the 25 - 26th Fri/Sat this year. After that it would be a weekday party up to the 31st.

You could say its a post Halloween party you're going to!

But don't be afraid to go out on the 1st of Nov. Nowadays I go out every chance I get.

Just watch out for ghosts!

Michelle789
10-20-2013, 08:56 PM
If you want to dress for Halloween on Friday or Saturday, go the weekend before Halloween. Once November comes, you can still dress, it'll just be for Thanksgiving!!!

AmyGaleRT
10-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Well, I don't know about Friday, but I have an invitation to another CD's bachelorette party for Saturday after Halloween...if I talk my fiancee into letting me go, I'll obviously have to be Amy for that! :)

- Amy

~Joanne~
10-20-2013, 10:56 PM
I think the day after Halloween will be just as good. A lot of people will have a late Halloween party because it falls on a Thursday on the weekend regardless of the date. You should most certainly go for it.

Beverley Sims
10-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Usually the weekend before, but some parties occur after so this year a double whammy.

Chickhe
10-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Just do a search on the web and you will see there are parties both sides of the 31st. Generally, its the big bar parties, house parties the weekend before, then you take care of the kids on the weekday and the following weekend there are other events like charities, some pubs and house parties. So, you are covered if you need an excuse to wear a costume. Otherwise if you are doing straight dressing any day is good.

Cynthia Anne
10-21-2013, 03:24 AM
I agree with Karren! Any day of the year all my neighbors think it's Halloween when they see me!????

BLUE ORCHID
10-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Hi Maria, Karen knows of what she speaks.

SherriePall
10-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Can't believe this! I'm with Karren on this one. Any day is OK. Over the years I have been venturing out a couple of times a year, I always pick a day near Halloween. Sometimes before, sometimes after. This year it may be two days before. Just go for it!

franlee
10-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Can't believe this! I'm with Karren on this one. Any day is OK. Over the years I have been venturing out a couple of times a year, I always pick a day near Halloween. Sometimes before, sometimes after. This year it may be two days before. Just go for it!You are so right, besides how in the world is there anyway to verify your party or excuse? I wouldn't give it much of a thought if that was what I wanted to do.