PDA

View Full Version : TSA Knows!

StephanieCD21
10-21-2013, 10:26 AM
I recently had to fly out to California for work. As my wife was not coming with me, I figured I would be able to get in some good dressing time in the evenings. Sadly, that did not happen due to the fact that I spent the bulk of my time there working. :( I did mange to do my makeup and sleep in some very feminine PJs each night. I guess you take what you can get.

Knowing I was gong to spend a little time in San Diego and Santa Monica wearing sandals, I was sure to give myself a manicure and pedicure prior to leaving. Nothing atypical for me there. My fingers are usualy well manicured and coated with a sheer light pink polish. Makes them shiny, healthy, and pretty but does not arouse too much suspicion. My toes, however, I figured I could go for something a little more fun. I did not want to out myself to my coworkers, though, so I opted for a light irredescent polish. It goes on clear, however, when light reflects off of it, it reveals pink and light purple (I absolutely love this polish, btw). I figured it would not be too obivious to my travelling companion or coworkers at the CA office. To my eye it was very apparent that my toes were travelling en femme despite my en drab outer wear (completely underdressed of course). Since no one said anything he entire time I was travelling, I just assumed no one was really looking at my feet or people in CA are just way more accepting. Or maybe a bit of each. Either way, I did not care.

At the end of my trip I was going through the security checkpoint at LAX. Maybe the TSA agents are very adept at picking out every little thing about you. Or maybe the body scanner revealed my camisole, panties and belly ring. Whatever the outing factor, I was taken off guard when the TSA agent remarked "Nice toes!" quite loudly as I was gathering my belongings. I simply smiled at her, said "Thank you", and giggled girlishly to myself. :o My coworker laughed out loud. Still not sure if he knew or was just laughing that the agent made mention of my feet. Either way, makes for a cute story.:battingeyelashes:

Beverley Sims
10-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Comments like that always give invitation for your imagination to run wild.

Barbra P
10-21-2013, 11:35 AM
I live in a San Diego suburb and my toes have been polished for a two and a half years or so, and not with clear polish; there have been a few days here and there when the polish was off but otherwise it was 24/7. Being Southern California I wear sandals or flip-flops almost exclusively; I could count the number of times I’ve worn shoes and socks on my fingers during this time.

Let’s see, my Doctor commented that she liked my choice of color once, my eye Doctor said “you have pink toes . . . oh never mind.” A Lab Tech said upon seeing my toes “I’ll bet you’re a Grandfather and you have Granddaughters.” When my Daughter first took me for a pedi, with colored polish, I showed several of my neighbors my Father’s Day gift form my Daughter – neighbors are now quite used to seeing me with colored toenails.

I’ve had people notice and smile, especially in elevators, people tend to look up or down at the floor in elevators for some reason, but I’ve gotten a number of smiles, mostly from women.

A woman who lives several blocks away used to walk her dog past our house and I know she noticed my toenails but never said anything. Then one day last year she walked by as I was fully dressed en femme and the first thing she said was “Oh that explains the toenails.” She didn’t have a problem with my presentation at the time and she even expressed disappointment that she has never seen me dressed since.

I’m quite sure most the employees at our local supermarket have noticed but no one has yet commented. I should add that the colors I generally wear are pretty hard to overlook, a poopy pink, bright red, a bright reddish-pink, sort of a mahogany (reddish-brown), and recently metallic blue. I’m looking for a new color, never really liked the blue and stripped it off this weekend. I did borrow some of my Daughter’s pearl polish (iridescent) but I quickly tired of it, I guess I just prefer shades of pinks and reds.

Anyway, in Southern California I don’t think many people will (would) comment on your painted toes even if they happen to notice them and what comments you do get are more than likely going to be positive. California tends to be more socially liberal than the rest of the country so next time you make it out this way plan on having some fun as Stephanie.

StephanieCD21
10-21-2013, 12:14 PM
That was the impression I got when I visited SD. Life there moves at a slower pace and everyone seems very laid back and accepting. I wish the Detroit area were moreso. Someday I look forward to moving out west.

Christie ann
10-21-2013, 12:32 PM
And if the TSA doesn't know the NSA surely does

DebbieL
10-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Actually, TSA agents are trained to treat CDs and TSs with respect for their current presentation. I "Fly Pretty" nearly all the time now. Even when I'm trying to "Fly Boy", I am usually greeted with "I can help you miss" and on the other side of the X-Ray machine, there is a female ready to do any pat down. In one case, I was flying pretty and using my old driver's license. The TSA man looked at the license, looked at my face, did a triple-take, and said "There is no way you're a guy". I gave him a little smile, and said "THANK YOU" (even though he had outed me, nobody could hear). He smiled and passed me through. A week later I got a new license with a femme picture but male indicator. I have no trouble with TSA, Hertz, or any other group. I can still use my credit cards as Debbie, but I do sometimes get asked for ID.