PDA

View Full Version : Great weekend!

Suzanne F
10-21-2013, 11:10 AM
I originally mistakenly posted this in TS forum. So if you have already seen this I apologize!

Friday afternoon I got dressed in my new taupe skirt with black and red stripes with a sheer black top with black camisole underneath. I drove into the city to my 12 step meeting. It was the first time I was the main speaker as Suzanne. The 12 step meeting is a LGBT meeting on Castro Street. It was wonderful to be Suzanne. No hiding! Everyone was so sweet and it was just a great experience.

After the meeting I met 4 other girls including Allie, Rachael and Sara P. from this forum. We went to dinner on Maket Street and stayed out until about 1! It is so wonderful to be out interacting with the world as women. We had a great time and of course talked to to a ton of people. You have no choice when you are with Allie!

The next day I slept in late. When I woke up my wife said lets go to the nail salon! It was my first mani and pedi. I still had red polish on my toes from the night before they had to take off. It was heavenly sitting there with my wife.

A woman walked over to have her nails done after her pedicure. My wife and I exchanged a knowing glance. She was a nicely dressed lady in her 60s. She had a very slight male aura about her. When she finished she paid and left. The nail technicians made some comments and laughed. I asked my lady what they said. She said that was a man. I was really impacted by this. The lady had been treated as accepted but then laughed at after she left. Is that the best we can hope for?

To top off the weekend I took my wife to Napa in the convertible. I spoiled her with a great dinner and a movie. She also had her favorite thing in the world. Soft serve chocolate ice cream with nuts. We had a great romantic time! I am so blessed to have her!

Suzanne

Beverley Sims
10-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Suzanne,
Glad it was good and a memorable one for you.
Watch out the others don't lead you astray.
Reminds me of a time long, long ago. Sigh! :)

AllieSF
10-21-2013, 01:23 PM
I like chocolate ice cream too! I missed seeing your wife on Friday. Maybe next time.

Melissa in SE Tn
10-21-2013, 02:13 PM
You are so blessed!!! Thanks for sharing your good weekend. Wow, you're having so much fun.

Jenniferathome
10-21-2013, 02:30 PM
... The lady had been treated as accepted but then laughed at after she left. Is that the best we can hope for?...

Suzanne, not the "best" you can hope for, but certainly one should expect it. People are funny. The unknown is hard to deal with for most. For some, I am sure it is like trying to hold back a sneeze. It's gonna come out or burst your head. At least he was treated well and what he doesn't know doesn't hurt him. We cross dressers have to take the higher road.

Now, did you stop to think that they laughed at you as well for having polish on your toes? Perhaps you should stop using that establishment AND let them know why.

Suzanne F
10-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Suzanne, not the "best" you can hope for, but certainly one should expect it. People are funny. The unknown is hard to deal with for most. For some, I am sure it is like trying to hold back a sneeze. It's gonna come out or burst your head. At least he was treated well and what he doesn't know doesn't hurt him. We cross dressers have to take the higher road.

Now, did you stop to think that they laughed at you as well for having polish on your toes? Perhaps you should stop using that establishment AND let them know why.

Funny you ask. When I sat down they saw my toes. I decided to show them my picture dressed. They all smiled and laughed. One of them said Halloween. I said no but really was not sure they understood. Then 10 minutes later the incident with the other lady happened. I am sure they did laugh about me when I left!

Alice B
10-21-2013, 05:12 PM
You truly are blessed. It is a bummer that the salon person reacted the way she did. Very unprofessional.

Cynthia Anne
10-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Like Melissa said, ''you are so blessed''! I would call that the most perfect weekend ever! I'm happy for you!

Mssusan
10-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Your weekend sounds wonderful! Please don't let the nail techs bring you down; they are meaningless strangers. You were celebrated by those who are important to you: your fellow 12-steppers, your friends, and your wife.

Suzanne F
10-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Don't worry those ladies could not detract from my weekend! I do know how lucky I am. My life has opened up and it makes sense to me now. I cherish my wife and we are working hard to support one another. Being open and honest is difficult but so rewarding. I am hopeful that it will all work out!
Hugs
Suzanne