PDA

View Full Version : Therapy appointment dressed!

Suzanne F
10-21-2013, 04:04 PM
I was working from home today and had a brilliant idea. I haven't seen my therapist dressed in 3 or 4 months and that was only once. I texted wife and asked if she minded me going dressed today. She said no problem so I am all ready to go! Of course my mascara and eye liner do not look as good as usual since I did it. I guess Suzanne has to grow up sometime! I am leaving in 20 minutes for the appointment.
Hugs
Suzanne

Carla4Guage
10-21-2013, 04:35 PM
I hope you had a good session. As for the mascara and eye liner goes, well we all had (have) to learn. That seemed to be one of the hardest things I had to learn. Nothing about it is natural, - almost sticking something in your eye, get real! If you wore what your wearing in your photo, I'm sure you looked great. Congratulations

Calbab
10-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Good for you, Suzanne! I've been seeing a therapist for eight months, but never got any further than the shoes!

Darla
10-21-2013, 06:06 PM
I went to therapy today - but no clothes. The last three times logistics kept me from changing and getting dolled up. Strangely enough my therapist said that seeing me dressed opens me up a little more, as I have to say that it's much more constructive. I'm more in tune with my feminine side and open to all the possibilities that are there. Sounds fantastic though - hope you had a good session.

Question: what's the main topic when you're dressed? For me it's pretty much exclusively dressing and ...well, dressing. Plus a little gender dysphoria thrown in there for good measure.

Vanessa01
10-21-2013, 06:18 PM
glad for you it's nice

StaceyJane
10-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Going dressed to the therapist is a really big deal. Hopefully you can get comfortable going that way all the time.
I don't think my therapist would recognize me if I showed up as a guy.

Linda Leigh
10-21-2013, 09:38 PM
I am happy for you and I hope you have a session !

Beverley Sims
10-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Going to a therapist dressed usually shows a firm commitment towards what ever you are trying to achieve.
If you are constantly going in drab and say you want to transition, shows less of a commitment than if you go constantly dressed.
You would get treated accordingly.

sandra-leigh
10-22-2013, 02:39 AM
I am always wearing women's clothes, but I'm not always wearing skirt or dress, especially if there is a cold wet wind.

If I discuss clothing with my therapist, then it is usually in the context of my wife's current comfort level about what I can or cannot wear under what circumstances. The impact of clothes rather than the clothes themselves.

Darla
10-22-2013, 07:29 AM
Yes - most of my sessions are about the comfort level and gaining acceptance from my wife, who's pretty much adamantly opposed, but is showing a few chinks in her armor. When I do go dressed I feel a bit like I'm cheating, especially as I do try to go all the way, with wig and makeup. But the conversation starts to really get tired and circular as the progress with my wife is glacial, and really in my heart I want to laser all my body hair off, pierce my ears etc. I talk quite a lot about gender issues and much like bottling my crossdressing but trying it out in therapy has made me accept I'm a crossdresser, talking about gender issues and the way I feel and see myself makes me feel like I'm uncovering more about how maybe I'm not just a crossdresser.

That said - going fully dressed next week.

But this thread ain't about me! Good for you going dressed! Hope you can open up and talk more about your issues from a clearer viewpoint. I know I can when presenting as who I feel I truly am.

Darla

Yael L
10-22-2013, 08:39 AM
I have been talking to my therapist for many months. It is usually her encouraging to take "baby steps" in dressing. Adding something more each time and for longer periods of time.

Suzanne F
10-22-2013, 01:11 PM
It was a great session. I am very open with her about my gender issue. She has seen me dressed before but it had been a few months. I just like her to see me that way so she really gets it. Which she does I think. She gushed about how cute I was and we had a nice visit. It is another step in being the girl I was meant to be!
Suzanne

TxCassie
10-22-2013, 02:23 PM
My therapist told me at my last session, last month, that it was perfectly "OK" to come to my appointment "dressed". I have not gone in public "en femme" yet. He has suggested that I could change at his office before and after the session. I must admit, hearing that from him lit a spark in me but still too afraid to do so. Yet, now with some time passed, and the desire to be "en femme' growing every day, I think I will take those "baby steps" and dress some, shoes, a skirt, blouse, something. Time will tell, but I think I know the eventuality, just a matter of when.

Cassie :love:

mikiSJ
10-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Good for you Suzanne. You know you need to start doing your own makeup. B won't always be there.

Suzanne F
10-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Yes and I did do that yesterday. It looked very good except for the mascara on bottom eye lashes. With just a little more practice it will be no problem! Hard not to let the Mary Kay rep wife do it!
Hugs
Suzanne

Diversity
10-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Good luck to you, Suzanne. I am an epic fail when it comes to eyeliner... I'll keep practicing until I get it, though.
Di

dawnmarrie1961
10-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Makes me remember my first meeting with a young female therapist. She was the one that told me "WHY CAN'T YOU BE BOTH?" Meaning male and female. By keeping the attributes want and value from each of the sexes.
When I first started going to therapy I always tended to go home first and get all dolled up before I went. She always commented on how nice I looked which was kind of confidence booster. I was living 24/7 as a woman and had been for a few years. I worked at a temp agency and the current job was on a construction site. Surprisingly I never had a problem working with big sweaty guys. Mostly because I was very upfront about who I am and that I was going to put up with any crap from them.
Any how there was one day that I wasn't able to make it home to get cleaned up and looking pretty before I went to therapy. I came into her office wearing my worn out work clothes. Jeans and a T-shirt. Female of course. I was all sweaty and stinky. She took one look at me and said "Now that's what a real woman looks like!" I apologized for being in such disrepair. She said that this was the best she'd ever seen me look. "This is REAL".
Ya know something? For a young therapist. Old enough to be my daughter. She was pretty smart!
While it is nice to get all dolled up once in a while. It is a real woman that can sweat and labor doing those things that need to be done everyday and still look attractive without all the paint and polish!