PDA

View Full Version : transition going on...

bas1985
10-22-2013, 05:59 AM
Hello, some updates.

I have seen the endo for the first time, she sent to me to do a LOT of
blood exams (my latest blood test was in 1991, LOL, I have a good
health, in any case, just some hypochondria, to tell the truth).

She visited me fully :o (it was the first time a doctor sees me naked in
perhaps 25 years), I went there completely in drag and she told me
that I "pass" fairly well also without hormones, she congratulated
also for the clothes choice.

Regarding hormones she said that she has to wait for the OK from the
PSI team (psychologist and psychiatrist), and she has given to me another
appointment on January 23rd.

I have taken appointment to start laser. Next Thursday, I exlained to
the doctor my concern because I have a red hair and I fear that laser
is not effective, he said to me that he will visit me and that
even red hair is sensitive to laser, but he may want to do a test.

Prices here around 70-100 Euro for a small area, like chin or upper lip.

I have also started to come out to friends and family. My mother is not
very supportive :thumbsdn:, she said that she has a son not a daughter.

My female friends are OK, one of them invited me Saturday night at dinner,
it has been my first time as Marina. I had a nice conversation with her
friends. I know that I am not "passing" yet, but she says that I have
a nice "proportion" in my body and a gentle face.

Thanks...

Angela Campbell
10-22-2013, 06:05 AM
It is a very long journey and at times it goes so fast and other times it goes so slow. My family is mostly very supportive but not completely in some cases. In time maybe those who do not understand, or have problems with it will get used to it and things will be better for them. Keep positive, you are moving forward.

I Am Paula
10-22-2013, 07:46 AM
What a nice positive post. Congratulations. Too bad the HRT is a little slow, but you are making good use of the time.
About your mother. It is very difficult to any mother to try to grasp where her son went, and who is this new person. It may take a while, or may never happen. My father calls me Paul most of the time, and sometimes apologizes, and says Paula. I think he will always call me 'son'. This is just the way it's going to be. When he misgenders me in public, I often quietly correct, more for the benefit of the person listening.
Good luck, enjoy the ride.

kelliehusker
10-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Congrats on your success. You look so happy in that picture. Good luck on laser. I have done 6 treatments and have had good sucess. I have very brown hair and it work well. It is slow but after even 2 treatments, I could tell a big difference.

Jorja
10-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Congratulations on your success so far. If you truely intend to transition, tell mom she might as well get used to the idea of having a daughter because that is the way it is and will happen with or without her support. Let her know you are open to talking about it with her whenever she is ready. Then go about your business of transition.

bas1985
10-22-2013, 11:29 AM
thanks, so I have to go to the "You are selfish, you are not considering the consequences, you will be ridiculed", etc... route? Well, I am prepared.

My aim is to arrive to a "passable" situation before my signature on HRT informed consent... I don't want to be pretty, just passable, because
I really want to blend like other women, as I am prepared also to SRS in the future (here in Italy it is free, so it is only a matter of... waiting
your turn --- years in fact ---).

Jorja
10-22-2013, 02:59 PM
If we expect acceptance from everyone, including our parents, before we start transition, we will never go anywhere or do anything about our situation. We will become stagnant and unhappy. This is when depression and other little games our minds like to play take over.

Consider transition the one and only time in your life you must be selfish. And it is OK.

Mssusan
10-22-2013, 03:13 PM
I agree that you need to go through this process, on your time and in spite of disapproval from friends and family. You are the one living your life, not your mother.

She may not completely accept your change, and I hope she stays in your life. If not, it really would be her loss.

Good luck!

susiecd13
10-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Nice pic hon. Hope all goes well with your transition.

Susie