PDA

View Full Version : Expectations

Kate Simmons
10-22-2013, 07:06 AM
So you've gotten past the initial hurdles and have confidence going out in public in full femme, looking and acting like a woman. What are your self expectations once you achieve that? Also, suppose you have an SO and loved ones who support you fully for being who you are. What do you feel their expectations for you would be? This is directed mostly at those who go out fully en femme and act like a woman but is also open to anyone else to comment, especially SO's.:)

Sandra
10-22-2013, 08:19 AM
As an SO my only expectation is that Nigella be happy in her self.

daarleane
10-22-2013, 08:36 AM
My expectations? I just want to enjoy the freedom to to explore the world of fashion and fun that is out there. I know most of it is fantasy, but I enjoy the illusion while it lasts. Why not be happy?

Christie ann
10-22-2013, 08:52 AM
I just want to be able to experience my part of the world in my own way.

Lexi Moralas
10-22-2013, 10:53 AM
For me I just want to be out in the world going the thing normal girls do , just for a little while.
Just for me , no one else. It feels like such a waist to put all that work into looking my best and have no thing to do

Beverley Sims
10-22-2013, 12:36 PM
The only expectations I have are to get on with life and avoid embarrassing situations.
When away the wife is happy with me blending in and not making a spectacle of myself.
She does prefer androgynous though.

stephNE
10-22-2013, 12:52 PM
My expectation is for the rest of the world allow me to be here. They don't have to approve, nor accept me into their world, but they don't need to make fun, or ridicule or make disparaging remarks.
It doesn't always happen, but I still expect it. I'm not disappointed, though, I dress for me, and because of the way I feel when I am dressed and out doing my own things.
Kate, I'd like to hear your answer to this as well.

Kate Simmons
10-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Personally, I feel more is expected of us as CDers as I believe we were meant to be who we are. Why else would it feel so natural?:battingeyelashes::)

Mssusan
10-22-2013, 01:46 PM
My expectations of my CDer are that he be true to himself and not hide anything from me.

Kate Simmons
10-22-2013, 02:09 PM
I like the way you think Mssusan. :)

Mssusan
10-22-2013, 02:16 PM
I like the way you think Mssusan. :)

Thanks. The first expectation is from my own experience of trying to meet expectations of exes at the expense of my values. The second comes from listening to my CDer and reading many others stories.

Diversity
10-22-2013, 03:36 PM
I haven't gotten there yet but would love to feel the freedom people who have gotten there must feel. I, too, like the comment from Mssusan. What a wonderful attitude!
Di

Rachelakld
10-22-2013, 03:53 PM
My expectation is to find a nice coffee, have a few nice chats to people and relax, shop, see a movie, go for a dinner, relax with family and friends, visit art galleries and maybe find a hot new dress, select new paint or wallpaper, buy car parts or power tools when required

Nikki A.
10-22-2013, 03:56 PM
I realise that I really can't pass but that does not really bother me. The only expectation I have is to be able to interact with others and be accepted as what I am. Treat me with courtesy and respect, as I would treat you.
So far, I have had no problems and prefer being out in the real world, rather than some of the "sheltered" enviornments. A smile seems to be a good ice breaker usually.

Veronica497
10-22-2013, 04:04 PM
My only expectation as a SO of a Cd is that he would enjoy himself so much that he forgets any fears or inhibitions he may have had before he left to spend the day out. That he take all the time he needed to fully enjoy his day and take lots of pictures of the fun he had so he could share them with me when he gets home. I scapbook and would love to make a really cool one of all of Candy's adventures.

Alice B
10-22-2013, 04:19 PM
My wife's only expiation is that I do nothing to embarrass or compromise her.

kimdl93
10-22-2013, 07:13 PM
I hope to live "in the moment" rather than setting expectations for myself or others. My SO expects me to conduct myself as a responsible adult and, as someone else said, "not embarrass her". That doesn't seem at all unreasonable to me.

AmyGaleRT
10-23-2013, 12:43 AM
My expectations are to continue to refine my presentation and to be comfortable functioning as a woman in a variety of situations. And also to make myself a better person as a result of my experiences.

Of course, now that I'm in the role of a meetup group organizer, I also feel an obligation to set a good example for my sisters.

- Amy

Michelle55
10-23-2013, 01:41 AM
My wife's only expiation is that I do nothing to embarrass or compromise her.
That would be my wife's expectations whether I'm out enfemme or drab.