PDA

View Full Version : Agony Aunts - A Help or a Hindrance?

Gemma Rhodes
12-30-2005, 04:15 AM
Did any UK girls read The Daily Mirror yesterday. On the problem page was a letter from a wife who had just discovered a bag of female clothes under the stairs. When she confronted her husband of 20 years, he confessed that he had been crossdressing since he was 12 and that this was part of him.

The headlines screamed - KINKY SECRET IS A BIG TURN-OFF - and Dr.Miriam Stoppard began her reply with the words - "Its not unusual for men to have a kinky sexual fantasy"

Although she then went on to be rather sympathic I do not think that this sort of advice is the correct advice to give a partner who has just discovered her hubbys secret.

I know that for some crossdressing is maybe kinky and sexual but for many of us this could not be further from the truth.

Just wondered what you all thought about this!

Angela Burke
12-30-2005, 04:48 AM
Yeah I read that and Miriam Stoppards advice seemed sensible enough.
What a shock it must be to find out after twenty years of marriage to suddenly find your husbands dragclothes. Twenty years! The deviousness of crossdressers never fails to amaze me. We should be working for MI5.
Assuming the couple concerned are real I hope they can talk out their problems sucessfully. It would be great for them to visit a forum like this.
I do however object to the "kinky" reference. I'm a crossdresser, it's perfectly natural behaviour for me, I am not "kinky".
But then again the "Mirror" is a British tabloid rag so I don't really expect anything else.

Love Angela XX

Imogen_Mann
12-30-2005, 05:14 AM
I have long suspected that Dr Miriam Stoppard and her cohorts, are all a bunch of Make it up as we go along artists, I further suspect the letters in thier columns to be utterly fake, and thier ill though out reply's just as inadmissible in the field of truth.

I know someone (who shall remain nameless) who wrote for a paper, she wrote and edited thier consumer advice column... and guess what ? Yeppers, it was fake, the whole lot. It was all 'realistic' as it was based on problems she had found, or her friends, but the whole thing was in fact a sham, and I suspect all agony aunts (and Uncle's like Dr Vernon Coleman) of frakery.

Dr Vernon... Ohh, what can I say about you ? I suspect you of fraud, but I admire your balls !
Yes... It's fake, but then... Sometimes, maybe it helps ? If some teenager from Penge reads the advice given to 'Worried in Suffolk' and it helps them out, then a good deed has been done... Although I must admit, the headline KINKY SECRET IS A BIG TURN-OFF - is of no use whatosever, and was probably the work of some half brained sub editor... after all... Kinky secrets sell newspapers.

XX

Jayme

Helen MC
12-30-2005, 10:46 AM
They used to say that the Dream Headline for the Red Top Tabloid Press here in the UK would be "Left-Wing Sex-Change Vicar in early morning dash to Palace" as it contained Politics, Sex (with a hint of kinkiness) , Excitement, and Royalty, all of which are key ingredients for the readership of such papers in the as the Daily Mirror, the Sun, The Daily Sport, The Daily Record, The Express, The Daily Mail, and their Sunday versions and the News of the World which contains very little REAL news but lots of sex, scandal and sport.

I ignore the advice of such "experts" as much of it is only "cracker-barrell" and has little to commend it. At least Mriam Stoppard didn't condemn the man for crossdressing as would have been the case when I was a youth when it would have been suggested that he had "treatment for his illness"

DonnaT
12-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Except for the kinky sexual fantasy bit, the rest of Miriam's reply was very good. It would have been excellent had she suggested marriage couseling with a marriage/gender therapist.

Plus, we may never know, but she may have been dead on when suggesting he had a kinky sexual fantasy, however, she might have also added the alternative that he may be transgendered.