PDA

View Full Version : First Time post - Long time reader

jessica2009
10-23-2013, 12:34 AM
So Ive been on the forum for a little while now. and haven't really had the time or the strength to post something on here.

i've been thinking lately, I want to express myself much more than I used to(which isnt much sadly) my SO knows and supports me 100% which is amazing and thank her all the time for it.

I want to go watch a movie "En-fem" but getting there is the scary part. was wondering if anyone has any advise how to pull this off, i live in a high rise and the movie theatre is in another city so we would need to take a bus. my SO doesnt really trust me going out dressed up with her as she is a little nervous that i will be outed or she will be made fun of, a legit worry/concern.

I apologize if this doesnt really make sense but this is my first time and still kinda flustered about this.

Anyways hopefully someone can read this and help me out! thanks!

Cynthia Anne
10-23-2013, 12:42 AM
Congratulations on your first post! I hope every thing goes smooth for you!!

AmyGaleRT
10-23-2013, 01:34 AM
Hi, Jessica, and glad you decided to speak up! :)

In a large enough city, I doubt many people would care, or indeed even notice. However, if you're concerned, you can try taking it in stages. I don't know how much you've actually been outside your apartment en femme, but you could try first going out and just walking around in the building, then go out onto the streets surrounding your building, then try riding the bus to a nearby destination, before you go all the way as far as the movie theater. This is much like what I did, though I don't quite live in the same situation you do.

I hope you make it out all right; it's a wonderful feeling to be a "liberated woman"! And keep posting here. HUGS :hugs:

- Amy

Beverley Sims
10-23-2013, 04:38 AM
Jessica,
Welcome to the forum and if you keep reading others replies your answers and fears will be allayed over time.

kimdl93
10-23-2013, 06:28 AM
welcome! I think your SO's fears are understandable, but the reality is her fears are a bit over blown as well. Most of us that go out frequently can attest to the fact that as long as you dress in an age and situation appropriate fashion, you be little noticed. You might set out for a different first outing - taking the bus from city to city might be a bridge too far for you and your wife the first time out. How about something closer by?

cdmorganashley
10-23-2013, 06:51 AM
i like the idea of taking some smaller trips first as maybe it will help build your SOs confidence about being out and about with you... of course if things don't go well you will still be close to home and can get out of that situation quickly... if she continues to feel uncomfortable with making the movie trip happen i wouldn't push it... have any friends you are out to that would like to go with you who could maybe give you a ride? that might be an option as well?

Jenniferathome
10-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Remember you are not committing espionage. You can use the stairs. She can meet you in the lobby. Walk to a different bus stop or take a taxi. You'll be fine

DonnaT
10-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Depending on the bus schedule, take different buses and meet at the theater.

You'll probably have to take the same bus home, however, again depending on the schedule.

Rhonda Darling
10-23-2013, 07:05 PM
And in my opinion, day time on the weekend, with your return trip while there are still plenty of civilians and not drunken hooligans on the public transit is your best bet. When there is a large crowd of normal people around, the punks are less likely to give you a hard time. If you're relatively passable, you'll likely get along fine no matter what, but if you're inexperienced going out en femme, then you need to maximize your safety by practicing situational awareness.

Rhonda