PDA

View Full Version : Adventures On The Northside

Aly Cat
10-24-2013, 12:57 AM
Well today I went to my sisters house and spent the day with her. She lives about 1.5 hours away. We got dressed, put our makeup on, and headed out the door. I was perfectly fine until we got to the big bad Mall Of Georgia where we were going to go so do some shopping. Once we got there I started to get nervous. I felt over dressed, under confident, and was noticing way too many stares in my direction.

The first place of business was in JC Penny's where I found some really cute women's skinny jeans. I tried them on, bought them and headed right back to the dressing room to put them back on. I was still wearing high heeled boots though and my sister suggested that we go back to the car where I had another pair of boots. Those were Steve Madden distressed 1" heel boots which are amazing and with the skinny jeans, worked out amazingly. After that, I felt much more comfortable and we went back in and ate lunch in the food court and did a bit more shopping. I got some new mascara, eyeliner, and we got a few things for my sisters daughter. After that it was time to go.
We went back to her house and I cleaned up and visited with some friends who also live in that part of town. I told them about my plans to move back up there and start back with school. I also told them I am transgender and not one of them batted an eye. (There were 4 of them there. 2 girls, 2 guys) the girls had a few honest questions that I was happy to answer, like did that make me gay, did I have a female name, etc. You know, the typical questions people get curious about. I have answered them so many times now I almost have auto responses for all of them. They were all excited that I was moving back up that way because they were all kind of sad when i moved away almost 3 years ago. They were kind of sad to hear about my marriage and the separation and all that but were excited that I was going back to school and was living my life for me in a way that I needed. Every single one of them thought it was awesome that I was going to be who I am and encouraged me to feel free to hang out with them however I wanted to dress. I love my friends. I don't know why I moved away from them in the first place. I never made friends like that again when I moved to where I am now. Then again, I didn't make any friends at all. Going back will be nice. I love that I have friends who accept me and don't have to even think twice about it. Those are true friends.

Ok, now for some pictures of my adventure!!!

bridget thronton
10-24-2013, 02:16 AM
Sounds like a very good day

Rachelakld
10-24-2013, 02:52 AM
Nice story and you look lovely

Beverley Sims
10-24-2013, 04:50 AM
Eva,
some pleasant episodes in your progress, may it keep going that way.

SarahSerene
10-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Eva, I've just gotta say the selfie taken of you in the car is great! You look really pretty and totally passable! Like the outfit too. Congratulations on a wonderful day and a wonderful plan.

Erica Marie
10-24-2013, 05:56 AM
You look great. But I understand your feeling of being overdressed. What one person may like as a personal fashion may not fit into the venue they are attending. I notice locally very very few ladies dress anywhere near formal to hit the mall. Its all jeans and tennies or boots around here.

BLUE ORCHID
10-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Hi Eva Lynn, You are such a pretty young lady over all it sounds like you had a great time.

Chari
10-24-2013, 07:59 AM
Wonderful to hear you will soon be in the accepting company of "true friends! The girls will probably show you many techniques to do your makeup, mixing/matching outfits (maybe borrow a few too), hair styles, and teach all those little things that will help you to become and present your feminine side. Please keep in touch & let us know about your progress. Thanx for sharing.

Jennifer Marie P.
10-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Very nice story and you are very pretty.

Aly Cat
10-24-2013, 08:45 AM
You look great. But I understand your feeling of being overdressed. What one person may like as a personal fashion may not fit into the venue they are attending. I notice locally very very few ladies dress anywhere near formal to hit the mall. Its all jeans and tennies or boots around here.

Yeah, that's why I adjusted my outfit on the fly. It made me feel so much more comfortable and I didn't feel looked at near as much. I'm so glad I changed into something more practical. My sister was saying that we have an idea how we want things to be in our heads but until we get out there and try them, it may not be what we really want after all. Its trial and error and the only way to learn is just to experience it first hand. She was proud of me that I made it though. It was scary but I think it will be much better once I have my own hair among other things.

stacycoral
10-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Sound liks a nice day, and it always better with a sister along to help pick out clothes, sounds like things are turning around for you in the good way, thanks for telling your story and great pictures, very cut by the way, hugs.

kimdl93
10-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Great day with your sister and great support from your friends!

Marcelle
10-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi Eva,

Sounds like a wonderful time and sharing it with your sister must have made it all the better.

Hugs

Isha

Lexi Moralas
10-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Great story ! You are beautiful !