PDA

View Full Version : Cross-dressing husband worries that his secret is out

Stephanie47
10-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Yesterday in my local newspaper in the Dear Abby column the letter stated:

"I am a happily married heterosexual cross-dressing male. My wife understands and is supportive.

During the past week I have been caught unexpectedly by three different neighbors, and we are now in a state of panic. We're not sure what to do.

-Caught in a Panic"

In the morning at our breakfast table my wife gets first gab at the newspaper and Dear Abby is the first column she reads. I'm retired. So, I get to read the paper after I drive her to work, arrive home, get en femme and make my breakfast.

We're in a DADT marriage. That relationship did not skip a beat. My wife did not say a word while we were sitting at the breakfast table. There was no "look." There was absolutely nothing that would suggest she ever read the column, but, I know she did.

In your household, if this column appeared in your local paper, was there any discussion, any smirks, anything generated???

Dear Abby questioned whether being outed THREE times in one week as whether the husband "on some level you would like to be more open."

I think I must be in a real classic Don't Ask, Don't Tell Marriage!

Alice B
10-24-2013, 11:43 AM
My wife and I both read the column and both agree with the answer. It is something I have to keep in mind because we have several neighbors that we do not want to know about Alice. I always have to keep that in mind as I fess often at home and do go out on occasion.

Beverley Sims
10-24-2013, 12:30 PM
We are not in DADT but there are not many discussions about those that get into trouble or odd situations with dressing.

Lainie
10-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Big part of DADT is that she doesn't want to talk about it, right? So why would she make a remark about a newspaper column, or a Jerry Springer show, or anything she notices in the media at all?

Launa
10-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Big part of DADT is that she doesn't want to talk about it, right? So why would she make a remark about a newspaper column, or a Jerry Springer show, or anything she notices in the media at all?

Its usually because in those Don't Tell relationships the SO will give that look like I told you so, nothing good can come of this crossdressing.

~Joanne~
10-24-2013, 06:07 PM
I am just happy I don't have a DADT relationship with my SO. I can't imagine how hard that is on top of everything that we have that haunts us daily.

linda allen
10-25-2013, 08:07 AM
If a crossdresser gets "caught" by three different neighbors in one week, he wants to be caught. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you walk outside your home dressed as a female, neighbors will see you.

We stopped getting the local newspaper a couple years ago. TV has enough news for us. When the subject of crossdressing comes up on TV, nothing is usually said in my house, even if I'm sitting there dressed as Linda.

Jenniferathome
10-25-2013, 08:27 AM
My wife would joke with me about it

Princess Grandpa
10-25-2013, 08:32 AM
My wife would joke with me about it

Mine would too. Then again she isn't upset by it. I dread to think what life would be like if I came to understand my desires before she was in a place to accept and enjoy.

Hug
Rita

Aly Cat
10-25-2013, 08:38 AM
DADT relationships remind me of Fight Club for some reason. First rule of Fight club is that you don't talk about fight club....Lol.
I'm not exactly in a DADT relationship, but I keep what I do private out of respect for the wifes requests. We are roommates now and soon to be divorced but I still try and remain respectful. Funny news paper article for sure. He was definitely outing himself, even if it was subconsciously. He wants to break freeeeeee!!! Heck, I can't blame him!