PDA

View Full Version : Costume?

Kate Simmons
10-24-2013, 01:27 PM
I wasn't seeing any threads recently about what costume everyone was going to wear if they are planning on going to a Halloween party this year, so tell it here. I had planned on going as Black Canary from DC Comics fame but then decided I'll go dressed as a guy, or MTFTM CDer. Think I'll pass? What is everyone planning on wearing or just staying at home handing out candy this year?:)

stacycoral
10-24-2013, 01:31 PM
I have to take a year off this year, mySO said so, but I have a lot of fun the last two years, so it will be ok, hugs.

Beverley Sims
10-24-2013, 02:48 PM
I am still going to try looking as good as previous years.
Looking at myself I think the skills are slipping a bit. :)

GondorRachel
10-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Going to a friend's Halloween party as a fairy (the kind with wings). She knows I dress, but hasn't seen it as far as I remember...many of the other people know already too, and I dressed last year to a party that I knew even fewer people and only a couple that had been told about Rachel...so, shouldn't be bad.

Nikki A.
10-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Looking like there are no parties this year so I guess I'll just hand out candy. However, Nikki is going on a NYC shopping trip the Monday before.

4mymichelle
10-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Costume.... hmmm? For me this year's Halloween week is going to be pretty busy as I will be attending 3 costume parties. So I am going to be Sailor Moon, Minnie Mouse, and a school girl :) Hope to survive. Lol

kimdl93
10-24-2013, 04:04 PM
I can't remember the last time I went to a Halloween party. For us, it's all about the kids and grand kids.

Roli F
10-24-2013, 04:05 PM
I am goimg as brad from rocky horror at the floorshow so cd dressed in heels fishnets corset black shiny knickers/pants black and red garter belt/suspenders full makeup fake glasses black boy wig with a white lab coat for outside walking what does anybody think ?

Lorileah
10-24-2013, 04:17 PM
here is mine at the Haunted Halloween Cabaret we did last weekend with the lovely Amy Tapie213160

Kate Simmons
10-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Looks pretty cool Lori. :)

AllieSF
10-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Pirate wench - just picked up the costume today.

~Joanne~
10-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Well, I have been planning on doing a Batgirl costume all year long and it has literally fell to pieces. I couldn't find the gloves or cape for a Black/Yellow version so I bought a Grand Heritage Batgirl 1966 costume. It came about a week ago and went back the very next day. It was horrible.

The bodysuit (except the bat symbol), cape (the clasp was garbage), gloves... were all good and fit me nicely but the belt had two male/female Velcro pieces and wouldn't fasten and we don't even want to get into the mask. The mask was such a horrible tangled mess there was no way it would ever work. The ears would NEVER stand on end like they needed to, it came with a built in wig which it wasn't suppose to (which was tangled in the Velcro of the mask), and it was way too small.

Most sites sell this costume for $124 - $167 depending on the deal you get, and I got a deal at $88 on the site I bought it from but there was not a chance this would ever work without the mask so I sent it right back. I have since ordered my second choice, Lady Flash costume, which should get here this monday. I also have a back up costume of a Black widow that I have even taken pictures of which isn't half bad and may post a few when I get a chance :)

Hopefully everyone is doing better or has done better than I have for this holiday.

AmyGaleRT
10-24-2013, 08:31 PM
here is mine at the Haunted Halloween Cabaret we did last weekend with the lovely Amy Tapie213160

And that's most of mine, except for my witch hat and other props! (But I do have my phone LOL :D)

- Amy

Rogina B
10-24-2013, 09:17 PM
I am a pregnant[or not] Jennifer Aniston..Using an inflatable belly,I may be pregnant or not depending on the weekly, factual tabloids at the grocery store check out counter...

TightsInHiding
10-25-2013, 01:04 AM
Unfortunately I can't find any good halloween parties or events to get dressed up for this year, what is going on.

cupcake
10-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Going to a friends house party on Halloween next week. Going as Ginger Spice from the spice girls. Bought a week and made the Union Jack dress. Should be a good time.

5150 Girl
10-25-2013, 11:47 AM
I have a party tonight. Some friends of ours own a bar/caffe. (Hilltop) Any who; I'm portraying Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman. My Polar Bear is adamate that I wear a skirted version as she doesn't think I can or even know how to tuck successfully. Silly Bear; Why do you always under estimate your Kitty-cat?

AmyGaleRT
10-26-2013, 12:47 AM
I'm portraying Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman. My Polar Bear is adamate that I wear a skirted version as she doesn't think I can or even know how to tuck successfully. Silly Bear; Why do you always under estimate your Kitty-cat?

Well, if you had to go with the skirted version, that would just be Golden Age Wonder Woman, so that's totally legit. ;)

- Amy

Msora
10-26-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm going as Death of the Endless (http://www.comicvine.com/death-of-the-endless/4005-7280/) from the Sandman comics. I'm hosting the party tomorrow night and most of the guests don't know I dress. Hopefully people stick around after they see me!

Kandy Barr
10-26-2013, 06:56 AM
Got my witchy woman costume ready to go. I'm passing out candy then going out if I can find a good place to go to. I don't drink so I'm not really interested in fighting the bar scene, I'm looking on line for a costume affair or something. I haven't been out for Halloween in years so i'm excited!

5150 Girl
10-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Did I pull it off? I hate the way my Polar one takes my pics, She has me look up and do a half smile. It makes me look 100 yrs old :(

daviolin
10-26-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm putting together a Southern Belle costume. I will post pictures when done. I won't be going out. the wife and I just enjoy hanging around the house in costume. Daviolin

DanielleLee
10-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Unfortunately... no parties this year. Very disappointed to be honest. :sad:

Brenda Freeman
10-26-2013, 12:01 PM
I am thinking of going to a TG halloween party Not sure what I will wear I did recently buy a blackdress on Craigslist see attached Maybe a vampire or witch?

Violet-13
10-26-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm just going as a girl, my costume is my black dress in my profile

Denise Johnson
10-26-2013, 12:09 PM
I am going as a vampire male/female. Complete with long black nails red lipsticks false eyelashes black wig and maybe a little jewelry thrown in.
lip

Melinda75
10-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Wasn't planning anything but wife told me last night we were going to bar Halloween costume party where our friends band is playing. She wants to go as lady cop and male escaped prisoner. And she informed me I'm going as the lady cop. She bought me the costume, which I must say is pretty hot. We tried it on last night and it's looks great. The only problem was its low cut and she told me my chest hair has to go!! Lol. I love that woman.

Ressie
10-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Going to a '60s party tonight. My black curly wig will get some use for that hippie look. Share a little tea with goldie? No, just a male hippie this time.

mara@
10-26-2013, 02:48 PM
unfortunately i'm not ready to go outside dressed up :(

Abbygirl
10-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Am I the only one whose brain is having trouble with the "MTFTM CDer" concept? Is that a guy trying to look like a girl who is trying to look like a guy? As in, a guy wearing what he thinks girls think looks guy-ish? My head hurts.

AmyGaleRT
10-26-2013, 08:17 PM
She wants to go as lady cop and male escaped prisoner. And she informed me I'm going as the lady cop. [...] The only problem was its low cut and she told me my chest hair has to go!!

Ah the sacrifices we must make to keep our loves happy... ;)

(Personally, I've never had much chest hair, so getting rid of it isn't particularly traumatic.)

- Amy

Kate Simmons
10-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Am I the only one whose brain is having trouble with the "MTFTM CDer" concept? Is that a guy trying to look like a girl who is trying to look like a guy? As in, a guy wearing what he thinks girls think looks guy-ish? My head hurts.Pretty much Hon. Kind of like a reverse Victor/Victoria. I used to confuse 'em big time when I did that at the club. Make it look like I wasn't wearing makeup when I was and wearing a combed "Guy wig". Also wear slightly baggy pants and shirt to try to cover up hips and boobs which I don't really have but with padding and forms. :)

Violet-13
10-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Pretty much Hon. Kind of like a reverse Victor/Victoria. I used to confuse 'em big time when I did that at the club. Make it look like I wasn't wearing makeup when I was and wearing a combed "Guy wig". Also wear slightly baggy pants and shirt to try to cover up hips and boobs which I don't really have but with padding and forms. :) that makes little to no sense

Ressie
10-27-2013, 01:00 AM
Kate, we could call that ambiguously androgynous!

Kate Simmons
10-27-2013, 09:00 AM
that makes little to no senseSure but who ever said that having fun had to make sense? :)

AllieSF
10-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Here is what I wore last night to a fun party at Misty's. I used an older longer wig that I finally realized looked pretty good on me. Maybe it was the outfit that made it work.

SherriePall
10-27-2013, 05:22 PM
What wonderful (and often fun) costumes everyone has. Kate, I understand what you are saying and, to tell you the truth, that scares me. BTW, really love your last couple of avatars!