PDA

View Full Version : Too good to be true?? A woman for me!

Amy R Lynn
10-24-2013, 11:10 PM
So I have been dating for a while now. I really honestly haven't had much luck. I had a lot of meets and never hear from them again, or it would go a couple of dates in and then they would just fall away for one reason or another. I only ever got the point of revealing Amy with one. Very depressing, and discouraging to say the least.

Well I'm happy to report that I think I may have found the "one". Like Neo from the Matrix! We have been on two dates so far. She really seemed very open minded and accepting. She told me that she is bi, and has some gay friends who are cross dressers! Hmmm some of you might know her. So I came out to her and showed her a recent picture of me dressed up at a local gay bar. She thought it was AWESOME and was really excited about it! :eek: Really??!! That is such the polar opposite from what I have found in the past.

We have been talking a lot this week, and I'm really digging this girl! I just can't believe that I have found someone so open minded and accepting of .... well.... ME. I think she may be a keeper! :love:

Keri L
10-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Good for you, Amy! wishing you immeasurable happiness!

best,
Cate

Nataliebabe
10-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Good for you! I hope that things work out!

Amy R Lynn
10-24-2013, 11:20 PM
I am hoping that she works out for me. With that being said though, I'm looking to just jump in with both feet. I need to take my time to get to know her too. While she is the most accepting girl I have met, there could be something else that could be a deal breaker. So steady as she goes! Steady as she goes...

Rachelakld
10-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Stead is not the same as slow, but hope all goes well for you

GaleWarning
10-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Good luck!

Cynthia Anne
10-25-2013, 12:03 AM
I think you just found the needle in the hay stack! Wishing the best for you! Hugs!

ossian
10-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Really happyfor you!!!

Maria in heels
10-25-2013, 04:59 AM
Great news Amy! Best of luck!!!

Marcelle
10-25-2013, 06:14 AM
Hi Amy,

I am so happy for you!

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
10-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Amy,
Work on the relationship very carefully.
You may come up trumps. :)

kimdl93
10-25-2013, 06:30 AM
I think it's always wise to allow relationships to grow at their own rate. Too many people rush the process.

BLUE ORCHID
10-25-2013, 07:05 AM
Hi Amy, Maybe this will be the one.

Jillian Faith
10-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Amy I am so happy you found someone special.

Mssusan
10-25-2013, 08:19 AM
First and foremost, I'm happy for you! My CDer has shared with me that finding someone accepting is challenging.

Remember that you are building a relationship with her as a person, not just as "the CD fan". Take your time and let things progress naturally. Remember that she's not the only girl in the world; do not compromise yourself or let yourself be taken advantage of.

Good luck and have fun!

Princess Grandpa
10-25-2013, 08:24 AM
"Steady as she goes" good course. If she is "the one" you have the rest of your lives together. There is no hurry. If in fact she is not "the one" it is much better to discover that before you have invested too much emotion. I really hope this works out! We need more happily ever afters.

Hug
Rita

Linda Leigh
10-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Happy for you Amy and let the relationship build, don't rush it! Good Luck :)

robindee36
10-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Amy, this is fantastic news. We are a rare breed to start with and your new friend is even more rare. I really hope things work out because this is a 1 in a million connection.

Hugs, Robin

Amy R Lynn
10-25-2013, 11:06 AM
While she is a rare find indeed, there is still a lot more to the relationship than this. I've been divorced once (not related to being a CD'r). It was the worst experience I have ever been through. I have no plans on repeating that. I know that the only way to prevent that is to make certain that she is right for me and my children. I'm very cautious when it comes to relationships. Slow and steady for sure.

I'm just excited that I actually found a woman who is so accepting and even turned on by this side of me. I'm a bit awe struck, but still cautious. Sometimes they say if it is too good to be true... it may not be... so better to take my time and be certain.

Mssusan
10-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Glad you have a realistic attitude, Amy. Enjoy your time with her :-)

Erica Marie
10-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Amy, all I can say is that you are living my dream. Good for you and I hope it lasts a long long time.

Ressie
10-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Fantastic. Women that are bi and have no problem with CDing are wonderful. The only caveat is she may want to be free to date others and have an open relationship. The good part is she'll be open with you about everything. That's just my experience. YMMV

Violet-13
10-25-2013, 02:05 PM
My girlfriend is Bi romantic (no clue what that means) and she's why I started to CD. Just remember not to jump in to it to fast

reb.femme
10-25-2013, 02:33 PM
..........You may come up trumps. :)

And she plays cards.....what a find!

Good luck Amy. I remember you saying before about putting the kids ahead of all else, so maybe some payback here for your personal sacrifice and diligence. How are the earrings?

Rebecca

Abbey11
10-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Congratulations Amy, a rare fined indeed, very happy for you both x

Amy R Lynn
10-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Rebecca,
I have sacrificed a lot for my kids. I'm not complaining at all about that. I wouldn't have it any other way. But it does seem that maybe my patience has finally paid off. I never dreamed that I would find a woman that liked me and was this OK with Amy. Its mind boggling. But still steady as she goes.

I so love my ear rings! They look amazing! I'll have to post some pictures so you all can see them.

Brenda Freeman
10-26-2013, 01:10 PM
She sounds great and you have the right approach have fun take your time to get to know each other but wow a wonderful start! And do not forget you are great too!
Brenda

BLUE ORCHID
10-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Hi Amy I'm so happy for you, I found my happiness 49years and 9 months ago coming up on the 50th shortly.

Allison Chaynes
10-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Congratulations Amy!

mara@
10-27-2013, 03:21 PM
you are very lucky! i keep hoping to find a girl that can understand me

Amy R Lynn
10-27-2013, 09:06 PM
I honestly wasn't even looking. She found me! Crazy?!?!?! I think the universe must have aligned in some way that favors me. I'm certainly enjoying it. But still slow goes the course.

Amy R Lynn
11-12-2013, 08:36 AM
I think an update is in order! I'm still dating the same girl. Last Saturday she got to meet Amy. I had her come over while I was getting ready. I had asked her if she would like to watch. She was really excited about being invited into such a private part of my life. She couldn't get over how good I looked! It was such a huge compliment to me. It really sent my self esteem to the moon.

We went out to a social club that I belong to, and she got to meet a group of us and their SO's. We had some good food and conversations. She seemed to fit right in. She seemed really truly comfortable with all of it. It was more than I could ever hope for.

After the social club meeting, we went out to a local gay bar to meet some friends and enjoy the rest of the evening. We sat down at a table next to the stage. We kept noticing a very butch looking woman checking me out. She was looking me up and down for a while. Finally she came over to talk with me. She really couldn't believe that I was a guy! WOW!!! I was elated! Talk about a HUGE compliment. She said that if she didn't know she would have been hitting on me for sure. It was my voice that gave it away apparently. I have a very deep sounding voice.

All in all, it was a great night! Best night I have had in a LONG LONG time. I'm really liking the girl that I am seeing. She definitely likes me a lot too. So... things couldn't be better for me right now!

Charlotte1987
11-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Sounds like you are happy. I wish you luck and love

Lola Wants
11-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Amy,

Congrats on finding your "needle in the haystack" (as Cynthia Anne had referred to her)...I was so happy to read your update/to hear that you two are still dating and that things seem like they are moving along well. See... we "Unicorns" DO exist! We are just harder to find.

Keep us posted as things develop. I truly am happy for you!

All the best,
Lola

Amy R Lynn
11-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Just when I was starting to doubt that I would ever find someone who would be accepting at all. I find a girl who is over the top accepting! Its more than I could ever have hoped for. We are still in the beginning stages of dating. I realize that there is more to a relationship than this, but we do seem to have a lot in common.

Thanks for the kind replies all!

sweetshauna
11-12-2013, 03:56 PM
yay! Hope you get a long relationship from this. I know I am lucky enuff to have a very accepting, and supportive S/O. Sounds like you're having a great time. Hope it continues for a very long time.

tamara
11-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Amy,

I just have a very important question?

Does she have a sister or gg friend like her?

Seriously, I hope evrything works out for you. You surely have a lot of "sisters" here cheering for you...

ReineD
11-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Congratulations Amy, it sounds like a match made in heaven!

I'm sure you know this, but I would also exercise a bit of caution? Be sure to maintain balance by having plenty of guy times with her. And also encourage her to tell you if she ever feels bothered by any aspect of the CDing.

My SO did something wonderful at the beginning of our relationship. S/he told me that if ever, EVER I changed my mind about having an evening in or out with my SO dressed, to just say the word and he would revert back to guy mode ASAP, no questions asked, not even if he had just finished getting ready. He said that he understood how difficult it can be to get used to a bf who dresses like a girl, and that he wanted me to know that I was his priority.

I never did ask him to revert, but I did appreciate the fact that he was sensitive about this.

It was later in our relationship when we began having issues, but if you've been going out already then you're likely balanced about that too, and past the stage when going out dressed supercedes everything else.

Gigi
11-12-2013, 09:09 PM
congrats to you :)

I agree with Reine, make sure you continue to be honest with your new SO and try not to let her acceptance make you feel compelled to do everything about your dressing all at once. I know it is hard when you finally feel accepted. Just make sure she gets to know both sides of you, and give her lots of guy time so she sees you are in balance with your femininity.

everyone deserves to be utterly, over-the-top and sublimely happy-- best of luck!!

Ceri Anne
11-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Congrats, enjoy the ride of a budding relationship filled with acceptance and adventure.

Amy R Lynn
11-12-2013, 10:41 PM
The dressing part is a huge thing for me. But I'm not Amy all of the time. If this relationship is going to proceed, she has to know me. All of me. So I do make a point to balance my dressing. I also made a point to let her know that if any of it made her uncomfortable, to let me know, and I would slow down with it. I like what Reine said, she always has such great advice! I think that is a great idea. Honestly, I would have no problem taking it all off in a heart beat, and reverting to drab mode for her. She means much more to me than dressing.

And as far as being honest in this relationship.... I can honestly say there is nothing that I am hiding. I put everything out in the open for her to see. There is nothing hiding. Not a thing. That too is a FIRST for me. I usually keep at least one skeleton in the closet. Don't feel the need to this time. There is something very different with this relationship, in a good way. I'm still taking my time. I certainly don't want to rush in and have something go wrong.

RADER
11-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Amy;
Congrats to you on finding the new love of your life.
There are rel GG's out there, it is just hard to find them.
I met my wife on a blind date; Married for over 19 years.
Rader

Macy4KH
11-13-2013, 04:57 PM
happy. for you. aMaybe you will be as happy as me and my princess.

lovetobedani
11-13-2013, 05:19 PM
You have no idea how lucky you are. I wish you both the best of everything together for a very long time.

Does she have a friend who's looking???

Amy R Lynn
11-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Actually I do have a pretty good idea how lucky I am to find someone so accepting. She is a rare find indeed. I won't take that for granted at all. We're still getting to know each other, and the relationship is young. I'm hopeful that it will flourish into something more. So far it looks like it will. Only time will tell.

Roberta Marie
11-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Amy,

It was great to meet your young lady Saturday. She seems like a real sweety. Hopefully we'll be seeing much more of both of you.

jenn
11-14-2013, 05:58 AM
I am sooooo happy for you! I hope everything goes well.

Jenn

Amy R Lynn
11-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Amy,

It was great to meet your young lady Saturday. She seems like a real sweety. Hopefully we'll be seeing much more of both of you.

I'm certain that you will. She really enjoyed meeting everyone on Saturday. She told me that she is really looking forward to going back.

Nataliebabe
11-15-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm certain that you will. She really enjoyed meeting everyone on Saturday. She told me that she is really looking forward to going back.

You lucky dog you! I am happy for you!

Amanda M
11-15-2013, 04:26 AM
Fingers crossed for you Amy!