PDA

View Full Version : I think I might have a problem

Jordan
10-25-2013, 08:03 AM
I was just sorting out my pantyhose and stockings and I counted over 70 pair of them I think I can slow down buying them. They just feel so wonderful on I don't know if I can

daviolin
10-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Welcome to the club. I have over 250 pair and still buying. Daviolin

Beverley Sims
10-25-2013, 08:10 AM
I wear two pair of high denier hose to keep warm sometimes.
That is the way I justify having so many.
I do have a few bras though.

Jordan
10-25-2013, 08:11 AM
It just gets so confussing because they are so many different kinds and patterns I just want them all. It also is hard to pick out the right pair as I want to wear them all. Bras and panties are a different problem as I own more than 80 bras and well oner 100 panties

Princess Grandpa
10-25-2013, 08:27 AM
/giggle

I certainly feel better about the size of my lingerie drawer.

Hug
Rita

Megan72
10-25-2013, 08:30 AM
Wow....I wouldn't have room for leggings, socks, frilly lacy things, or accessories for that matter.

Lynn Marie
10-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Compulsive shopping is a common American problem. Moderation is an attribute of the very wise and often the poor!

robindee36
10-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Caution...you are entering the over-buying zone. Credit cards may suffer extreme damage ;)

I completely understand the compulsion to add things we love to our collections. My weakness is bras. The question I wrestle with is why I keep adding to the collection when I can only wear one at a time. Guess this question might be applied to your passion for hose.

In my case, the 'justification' is the different looks they allow me to present. However, I do so love how they feel.

Good luck with finding will power. Let me know if you discover a formula that works in controlling these compulsions;)

Hugs, Robin

Kate Simmons
10-25-2013, 10:35 AM
It's entirely up to you Hon but it looks like besides yourself, you are keeping the hosiery companies happy. :)

Karren H
10-25-2013, 10:39 AM
I have 3 pair... the other 67 pair I figure I let the stores keep for me... lol

Zylia
10-25-2013, 10:39 AM
That's ... astounding. I got like five or six right now I think I just got a run in my last sheer pair :D

Ressie
10-25-2013, 10:41 AM
And I thought my drawers were overflowing with girly stuff! My problem is wanting more expensive clothing than what I get from sales racks and thrift stores.

JayeB
10-25-2013, 11:12 AM
I love buying hosiery, and am never too upset when I get a "run", as it is an excuse to buy more.

Shirley Anne
10-25-2013, 11:19 AM
I just bought 10 pairs a couple of days ago, I go through a lot of pantyhose.

JayeB
10-25-2013, 11:28 AM
My last puchase was 15 pairs - 3 x 5 pair pack of 10 denier, from BHS. The assistant asked me "Are these yours?", and without thinking I simply replied "Yes".

Amy Lynn3
10-25-2013, 11:29 AM
I don't understand the question. lol In my crossdressing mind what is the highest number we are limited to when we buy an item. I avoid the stress of keeping up with maximum numbers and just buy all I want. I must say.... my credit card does have a maximum limit on it and that is my only restriction.

Buy on girlfriend !!!!

kimdl93
10-25-2013, 12:51 PM
I'd suggest branching out to other items. As these wear out, Just keep 1-2 pair of your fav colors and textures, the use the savings to buy a couple cute outfits!

Erica Marie
10-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Dang, is it required to have so many pair? If so no one told me and I better get my butt to the store. Besides in summer I prefer bare legs and in winter I prefer leggings, just harder to put together a cute outfit that way.

Jocelyn Quivers
10-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Do not worry there is hope!! I too used to spend almost every wardrobe related dollar on pantyhose for several years. However it's been about 6 or more months since I have purchased any. Just go slowly and take one day at a time. It also helps to have your wife putting her foot down, pointing out there's no more space in the drawers, and closet for anymore.:o

Lainie
10-25-2013, 10:08 PM
I also have way too many ... of almost everything.
I was able to control spending somewhat, or at least avoid completely wasting money on things that don't remotely fit, by following two simple rules:
1) never ever buy anything (except lingerie) without trying it on first.
2) never ever buy anything unless I walk into the store fully en femme.

docrobbysherry
10-25-2013, 11:10 PM
70 is nothing! And, I don't even know what "denier" means!

I have countless pairs of leg coverings. Each variety jammed into it's own plastic bag. Some r extra large plastic bags!

Bag #1. Pantyhose
2. Thigh highs
3. Fishnets
4. Lite tites with feet
5. Lite open bottom tites
6. Lite brightly colored and costume tites
7. Heavy, opaque tites
8. Knit socks and leg warmers (really big bag)

Now, tell me who has a problem-----?

Crap! I forgot the leggings bag!:eek:

JazmyneCD
10-26-2013, 01:41 AM
I'm sorry, what was the problem again? ;)

Shari
10-26-2013, 04:18 AM
Can anyone say OCD?

Jocelyn Quivers
10-26-2013, 09:18 AM
No, no, never, it's only the people that have over 70 pairs of shoes that's clearly OCD. 70 pairs or more of pantyhose is completely normal especially for us closeted members who do not have an actual need to wear them for daily attire needs.:tongueout

Carla4Guage
10-26-2013, 12:12 PM
I figured out that I could go until the 28th of August next year and never have worn the same pair of panties twice. Enough is enough already!

Brenda Freeman
10-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Dressing up is so fun and it is easy to get carried away! I too looked in my drawer one day and realized I think I have enough panties ansd hosiery and the next thing you know I see something I must have and well you know the rest. It would be interesting to know what percent of the lingerie business sales we create I am sure the volume per crossdresser vs gg is huge I wonder if the companies track this?

AlexisWest
10-26-2013, 01:48 PM
I usually have a couple of pair of new pantyhose tucked away in the back of my lingerie drawer. When I run/ruin a pair, I just remember, next time I'm out en femme to pick up another new pair. Sometimes that's the motivation I need to go out dressed.

BLUE ORCHID
10-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi Jordan, So where's the problem?

Robin777
10-26-2013, 07:44 PM
I figured out that I could go until the 28th of August next year and never have worn the same pair of panties twice. Enough is enough already!

I could probably go 6 months without wearing the same pair twice.....................

CynthiaD
10-26-2013, 09:53 PM
I buy pantyhose a dozen pairs at a time. I wear them all day every day. When I wear out enough pairs that I can't make it from laundry-day to laundry-day, I buy another dozen. That works for me, but since I wear them all the time I just consider them to be part of my normal attire.

Phydelia
10-26-2013, 10:03 PM
It would be interesting to know what percent of the lingerie business sales we create I am sure the volume per crossdresser vs gg is huge I wonder if the companies track this?

i doubt they can track it, but i bet the numbers would shock the average person... just based on the fact that every GG i know DESPISES pantyhose, and every CD i know loves them...

Nicole Erin
10-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the club. I have over 250 pair and still buying. Daviolin
And I thought my 25 pairs were excessive. Well 27 if you count the two ruined pairs that are used solely for "fun". I only keep 3 or 4 pairs in a drawer and the rest packaged and nicely organized in my vanity dresser.

Hose are an inexpensive (even if expendable) luxury. What if someone had a thing for Rolex watches?

AmyGaleRT
10-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Jordan, I may have a different problem...I counted the dresses in my closets and I have 75 of them! :)

We each have different interests. I keep enough pantyhose and stockings around that I'll have plenty of extras in case I get a run or hole in one, but I don't think I'd go as far as you with them. But I love my dresses!

- Amy

Robin777
10-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Jordan, I may have a different problem...I counted the dresses in my closets and I have 75 of them! :)

- Amy

I probably have that many slips or more. But that took 30 years of collecting to accumulate that many.

Vickie_CDTV
10-27-2013, 01:59 AM
If you like gartered stockings, it isn't a bad idea to have a large stock on hand. Who knows how long real, durable gartered stockings will be available.

Probably a good idea to stock up on anything like slips, girdles and other things fewer and fewer women wear anymore.

phlover
10-27-2013, 02:36 AM
As most of CDs here, I also have more than 50 pairs. I also have more than 20 pairs still in packages.
I wear the damaged pairs of pantyhose if the runs are minor and can be concealed as they are over the knees.
Even those that have runs in the toe area are mended by using glue or nail enamel and are worn under my pants.
I haven't bought any pairs in the past year as I judged I have enough pantyhose for a time.
But I'd still like to buy more pairs whenever I watch home shopping channels or search internet shopping sites.

charlene#2
10-27-2013, 03:15 AM
but just think of the savings on laundry detergent that you are saving.

Rabecca
10-27-2013, 07:32 AM
No problem here, Just Love trying on new nylons.

lynn.crossdresser
10-27-2013, 08:10 AM
I know the problem, but I can't walk pass a pencil skirt without buying them, Oh and girly panties are over flowing in my draws now.

Maria 60
10-27-2013, 08:16 AM
I believe I also have about a hundred pairs and my wife is always asking why I have so many and always want to buy more, I tell her I guess the same reason she buys so many shoes, just like her I like selection.

JayeB
10-27-2013, 08:52 AM
I just do not understand how a GG can despise hose. However it is true - sadly my wife as well.

JayeB
10-27-2013, 08:53 AM
i doubt they can track it, but i bet the numbers would shock the average person... just based on the fact that every GG i know DESPISES pantyhose, and every CD i know loves them...

I just do not understand how a GG can despise hose. However it is true - sadly my wife as well.

JenniferR771
10-27-2013, 09:42 AM
70 pair! Your head is in the right place, Dav. No such thing as too many. Help keep you warm. Is it cold in your workshop? You can always use them to strain paint.
And the bad news is...fishnet pantyhose usually go on sale two days before Halloween.
I got my fishnets last year at Big Lots. Paid about $1.69.
And Payless has some nice unusual patterned tights.
The British have the right idea...you are not dressed properly without tights.
See my pictures in the photo section.

tictac43
11-08-2013, 03:47 PM
And I thought my 25 pairs were excessive. Well 27 if you count the two ruined pairs that are used solely for "fun". I only keep 3 or 4 pairs in a drawer and the rest packaged and nicely organized in my vanity dresser.

Hose are an inexpensive (even if expendable) luxury. What if someone had a thing for Rolex watches?

Unfortunately I have a thing for rolex watches!! I have a fake one for now and a friend who said I could borrow hers whenever I wanted! I love the look and feel of a two tone datejust watch. So classy and confident.

As to having a ton of stuff, I have about 12-15 woman's watches that I share with my SO

melissagrrl
11-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Agree, one can never have enough hosiery.