PDA

View Full Version : Rockford Shopping Trip - Walked through the mall

CindySTJ
10-25-2013, 01:20 PM
What a fun morning, I finally did it! walking in a busy mall at 11 o'clock. I went in the main entrance and walked around stopping at Macy's and then hitting a couple of stores to buy new panties with a male SA and bought new gray leggings with the help of a nice young lady SA. Once you are in the mall you can stop by a store but you have to walk out in the middle of everyone to get out so that is a little scary but I had to walk by all kinds of people young and old. Nobody was offended or mad just got a couple of stares and a lot of smiles.I will add a pic of my outfit when I figure out how.

DaveyaNLR
10-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Congradulations! i haven't got nerve for mall yet.

Beverley Sims
10-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Cindy,
The adrenalin runs high, doesn't it?
Oh well look forward to tomorrow now.

Susanna66
10-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Cindy, That is so great to hear. I was actually at the Cherryvale mall in Rockford this past weekend visiting a friend. We spent Saturday at the mall shopping and even had Makeover at the Lancome counter.

CindySTJ
10-25-2013, 08:42 PM
I actually found 3 stores I had never been in, well H & M I was but the young lady at Body Central was so nice, I will be shopping there a lot and Shoe envy I had never seen but they have awesome heels up to size 11. I actually talked to a customer as she tried on a pair of boots that I would love to have and told her how great they looked. As I was walking around Macy's I passed a SA that gave me a funny look but I totally got her by complementing her boots. I have learned that GG's really love to hear how great something they have on looks. Not that I don't but I see them really relax and get happy.

AngelaSmith
10-25-2013, 10:10 PM
wow! i go to that mall quite often but only in "male mode". congrats!

Siobhan_Cross
10-26-2013, 06:13 AM
How exciting for you. I go Cherry Vale mall all the time, hopefully I can go there dressed myself sometime

Marcelle
10-26-2013, 06:18 AM
Hi Cindy,

What a great story. Have not conquered my fear of malls yet but that is next on my list of things to do. CONGRATS on a great day.

Hugs

Isha

~Joanne~
10-26-2013, 06:31 AM
I don't like the mall in either mode so congrats on making it out alive ;)

Raychel
10-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Sounds like a great shopping trip, Thanks for sharing your story with us.

CindySTJ
10-28-2013, 09:54 PM
I learned today that the gray leggings I bought were really thin. I was lucky to go in to a store that had a large mirror and caught a view of myself and realized something had come untucked so I covered myself and exited as fast as my 6 inch heels would go. I you can see in this pic how thin they are and in bright light even thinner. Not going to be my usual day wear but I think some clubs they would be great.

iwearbras
10-28-2013, 11:27 PM
I have never gone dressed but I have gone to VS underdressed and tried on bras with no fear and other times I have been scared to even enter the store. Funny how ones self confidence can swing.

Lexi Moralas
10-30-2013, 08:28 AM
I love going to a mall dressed! Good choice, sounds like you had a great time

linda allen
10-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Good for you, I know you had a good time.

I've walked a couple malls a few times. For me, it's easier to walk among strangers dressed than to actually go into a store and interact with individuals.

If you go to an outdoor mall in the daytime, you can wear sunglasses out in the open part. That helps, both to disguise your face and to avoid eye contact with anyone.

Some folks are well past this stage, others may be encouraged by these suggestions.

Karen43
10-30-2013, 11:11 AM
I love to go to a mall dressed and shop, I drive to one about an hour from where I live and have never had a problem. As a bonus I also get two hours on the road dressed.:battingeyelashes:

julia marie
10-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Congrats on the mall trip. Sounds great. Good point by Linda Allen about wearing sunglasses at outdoor malls to minimize eye contact. If anyone is concerned about being "made" without sunglasses, pick up a pair of inexpensive women's reading glasses at the drug store. you can get them with almost no magnification, and they help to break up the outline of your face.

ArleneRaquel
10-30-2013, 06:11 PM
You Go Girl ! Very lovely and a great post.

BLUE ORCHID
10-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Hi Cindy, When you wear leggings there's room for mistakes.

CindySTJ
10-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Congrats on the mall trip. Sounds great. Good point by Linda Allen about wearing sunglasses at outdoor malls to minimize eye contact. If anyone is concerned about being "made" without sunglasses, pick up a pair of inexpensive women's reading glasses at the drug store. you can get them with almost no magnification, and they help to break up the outline of your face.

I wore my sunglasses the whole time in the mall. I picked up a cheap pair at discovery $3 or about. They actually are comfortable and block the light outside and I don't notice I have them on inside. It does help to not make eye contact and not let people know your are looking at them look at you. Thanks for all the great reply's and encouragement.