PDA

View Full Version : How presentable?

Kate Simmons
10-26-2013, 01:16 PM
How presentable do you feel you are when you go out in public en femme? I'm not talking about passable just presentable, which basically means to be decent enough or elegant to be seen in public. If you don't feel you are what do you think you may need to do to accomplish that? I always felt that if I dressed as if I was going out to dinner or asked out on a date, I would be presentable. I've always gotten compliments on my looks by both men and women alike, so I must be doing something right. How do you all feel about this?:)

Rachelakld
10-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Sometimes I feel a bit girly so I use my 16 year old daughters clothes (thin top and skater skirt)
Sometimes I want to show off my corset.
But mostly now I tend to look at more "age appropriate" clothing.
Summer will be here soon so my (or wifes) long summer dressers with be in use again

AllieSF
10-26-2013, 01:44 PM
I fell that I am very presentable every time I go out. Now that is my opinion, not that of all the other people who see me.

kimdl93
10-26-2013, 02:02 PM
I really strive to look nicely put together. Most of my outings are during the day, so I lean towards casual, kinda Coldwater Creek style. In the evening I'll sometimes wear a dress, but often go with slacks as well, but maybe a tad dressier. Last time I went out I wore some silky slacks and a white top...still casual, but very nice.

Marcelle
10-26-2013, 03:03 PM
As far as presentable goes, I believe IMHO I have been quite presentable on those occasions I have gone out. I normally stick with casual clothing (nothing too showy) and the one time I wore a dress in public it was denim knee length with calf high boots, a denim coat and scarf. I prefer to blend so I try to dress to blend vice stand out.

Hugs

Isha

susan54
10-26-2013, 03:11 PM
For me, looking presentable is all. I don't do casual, and I never wear trousers. My entire outfit has to work together. The way I look is as important as having lovely clothes on, and my target audience is women - I love getting their feedback on my outfit.

Beverley Sims
10-26-2013, 03:14 PM
I dress to pass and look presentable.
I may not necessarily pass but I always look neat whether in a skirt and top or jeans or trousers.

AmyGaleRT
10-26-2013, 03:56 PM
When I go out, I aim to be presentable and classy, and comport myself in a way appropriate to a lady. Of course, very few ladies are going to have my size or mass...but I've still gotten compliments, which I cherish. :)

- Amy

sherri
10-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Presentable can mean dressy, but it doesn't have to, imo. It's possible to be casual and presentable. I think it's more a matter of learning a few things (okay, a lot of things), making an effort and exercising a little taste. I love to dress up for a night at the club, but honestly, I'm probably more me in a denim skirt and sandals. But either way, the makeup, hair, etc have to be done and done well or this gurl stays home. So how presentable am I? Well, as presentable as I know how to be. :-)

Raychel
10-26-2013, 05:57 PM
When I dress up I am always presentable. Never passable, Probably just best if no one ever see's me. :daydreaming:

*Maya*
10-26-2013, 07:18 PM
I like this question as for me I strive more to be presentable, not so much thinking about 'passable'. Whether classy or casual, I hope to look presentable, although I do care a little bit now than years ago, lol.

franlee
10-26-2013, 09:09 PM
When I go out, I aim to be presentable and classy, and comport myself in a way appropriate to a lady. Of course, very few ladies are going to have my size or mass...but I've still gotten compliments, which I cherish. :)

- AmyI do the same except for the compliments because I avoid interaction. But the clothes are what the women in this area are wearing suitable for the occasion and time and day of the week. And I try to never wear more makeup than absolutely necessary, and the same with jewelry. Presentable doesn't call for undue attention.

Lynn Marie
10-26-2013, 10:47 PM
When I'm dressed, I'm presentable. I don't underdress, I don't half dress, I don't mix dress, and I don't blend dress.

bridget thronton
10-27-2013, 11:02 AM
I always try to wear clothes that fit and are modest (by the standards I set for myself). I am presentable but marginally passable (get addressed as a lady often but not always)

docrobbysherry
10-27-2013, 11:45 AM
To me, presentable equals blending. Which I hate!

I'm finding that as I go out with other girls to clubs, etc. I'm dressing more the way I like to. Hot, sexy, provocative. And, we often go out to dinner at vanilla restaurants before hand. I've noticed that the laffing I used to hear as folks saw my ugly mug above women's clothing has changed. Or, so I imagine. Now, most folks prefer to look the other way if I look at them. And, I never hear them say a word!

gautier_nikolai
10-27-2013, 12:12 PM
I haven't been out much en femme; but i generally like to dess as posh/rich lady look as i can and try to outdress people.I guess it's a defence mechanism which i'm trying to stop.

I think, well if someone looks at me funny or something similar, at least i know i'm looking more put together and sophisticated than them clothes-wise.

I'm trying to stop this and get more comfy with being out en femme though because i'm realising outdressing people is a bit of a male way of looking at CDing maybe.I almost think well i'm better dressed; then i win kind of thinking.

I know it's kinda screwed up but i think it's because i still need the safety barriers/training wheels psychologically or my male ego still does.

carhill2mn
10-27-2013, 07:41 PM
I always feel "presentable" when I am out en femme. Like anyone, there are times when I feel that I look better than other times.

Cheryl T
10-28-2013, 09:08 AM
I feel I am always "presentable" and hope that others see me that way whether they know or not.

Michelle51
10-28-2013, 05:43 PM
I always feel presentable, but certainly never passable. I recieve compliments, mostly from women, by far, but sometimes from men. So much depends upon how you carry yourself.

Michelle (Oz)
10-28-2013, 06:08 PM
"Presentable" is a vague term. I always present fully femme.

With the confidence that comes from regular femme outings, I dress the way I like to although that means I don't blend unless the crowd is young :D.

Similarly I wear skirts or dresses not pants. If women mostly wear slacks perhaps I don't blend.

So does "presentable" mean age appropriate or style appropriate to blend? My view is no.