PDA

View Full Version : Law and Order... Intersex reassignment...

MandyTS
12-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Hello all,

I just saw a law in order episode that touched me personally. A boy was born boy (XY) and went through a botched casteration and raised a girl but she denied she was a girl. Through the course of an gang problem they found the "girl" that was raped was XY and eventually it was revealed that she was a "he". The investigators went to the doctor and he said gender is nuture and not nature, etc. Well she was told and she said she know something was wrong all her life and stoped taking estrogen, etc. Well she ended up killing the doctor who molested her trying to teach "her" gender roles.

It sounds so much like my life although I was never molested my parents took over 20 years to finally tell me that I was intersexed, etc. They were supose to tell me that I could have been a girl but they decided to keep me a boy. More complicated than that I feel female and male inside.

I don't know how this is going to change things but it opens a new reality on what some of us go through.

Mandy

StealthGirl
12-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Law and Order scripts are frequently based loosely on recent law/crime/news stories --- Google "David Reimer", or Bruce Reimer, or Brenda Reimer and "Dr John Money - that actually happened to someone in the mid to late 60's --- David, formerly Brenda nee Bruce Reimer finally committed suicide about a year or so ago, ostensibly due to guilt/grief/remorse for his twin brother's (Brian Reimer)recent suicide [both children were under Dr. Money's care as children after Money performed sex reassignment on Bruce after Bruce's penis was burned off in a botched circumcision]. Dr Money is reported to have molested many of his young patients.