PDA

View Full Version : Tall ladies

Linda Leigh
10-27-2013, 10:24 AM
I was with my wife shopping 2 days ago in a Major Brand department store in the women's department and I saw at least 6 ladies over 6'. I am 6' and all of the ladies were taller than me! 2 Had heels on that made them at least 6'4". The point of this post is that there are a lot of tall women out there in today's world wearing heels or not.

I hope I haven't bored you with this:)

Hugs

Linda:daydreaming:

Steph_CD_62
10-27-2013, 10:28 AM
I am 6' tall and dated a lady when I was around 20 that was 6'3". As far as I know that is the only lady in town that is over 6' because I have never seen another. The lady I was dating would only wear flats. I asked her about wearing heels, but she stated she didn't want to "tower" over everyone.

Jenniferathome
10-27-2013, 10:36 AM
It's not just the height, it's the width. I'm 5'7" and have a greater shoulder width than any woman I have ever been near. Height is a factor and width is the closer. Tall women are unique and as you indicated, you noticed them.

Beverley Sims
10-27-2013, 12:14 PM
There are a lot and taller women look very elegant.
They occupy more space on the planet and usually photograph well.
Stand a short woman next to a statue, take a photo and then do the same with a taller girl.
There is more presence.

mara@
10-27-2013, 03:44 PM
luckily i'm not very tall... but unfortunately i'm a little too short

Mssusan
10-27-2013, 03:52 PM
I have only two issues with tall ladies: hey invariably sit in front of me at movies, concerts, and such, and if I'm photographed with them I look like a child :-) I'm 5'2"

In spite of that, I give a silent atta girl when I see a tall lady owning her height and wearing heels. That goes out to ladies of all genders ;-)

kimdl93
10-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Not at all boring. I've seen quite a few women my height or taller (6'2")

Allesandra Rhodes
10-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Inevitably, this will mean more assortments in our sizes :D

CindySTJ
10-27-2013, 10:27 PM
I am 6'3 and love to wear 5+ inch heels or wedges. I do try to shop in flat boots when I have to walk a long way like a mall or big strip mall because I feel less intimidating and I also concentrate on shopping and not walking correctly. If I am running in to get makeup or something at a Sally's then I wear heels and I do hear a lot of complements on my legs and GG's wishing they could walk that good in heels.
For all you tall girls, I have said this before but several years ago Rori at Transformations, at the time we were in Oak Park, told me that I was already tall and if heels made me happy then wear them and enjoy.

Vickie_CDTV
10-28-2013, 04:07 AM
It also depends on age, older taller women tend to stand out more. There are more tall women who are young, compared to say, women in their 60s and older.

Cheryl T
10-28-2013, 09:04 AM
When I first ventured out I was nervous because I'm 6' also and thought it would draw stares. I'm no longer in that mindset as there are so many tall women out there and now I wear my heels as well and stand proud to be me.

Linda Leigh
10-28-2013, 09:21 AM
I agree Vickie the women were younger than me