PDA

View Full Version : Abbeys 1st daytime outing.

Abbey11
10-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Hi ladies, just wanted to share with you Abbeys 1st daytime venture. Decided it was time to take Abbey on a shopping trip, head off to the not so local shopping centre and have a browse. Was feeling a bit self conscious and nervous, the shops were quite busy, had a good look around all of the ladies shops.

1 or 2 uncertain looks but no comments, after 1st hour stopped for a coffee to try and rehydrate my mouth and lower my heart rate,it seemed to work. Was tempted to head straight home but decided to stick with it, spent another hour or so wondering and browsing the rails.

I think on the whole a successful trip but didn't buy anything.
I need to work on my voice and was also watching other ladies mannerisms.
Would be better to do it with others wouldn't then feel so self conscious, there were plenty of young kids around say 5 or 6 yrs of age in the coffee bar and I didn't get a second glance and people with young kids were happy to take seats by my table so either people are more accepting than you think or I didn't do a bad job, I think we can be our own worst critics. Also many teens around and only 2 girls took a second look.

On the whole I quite enjoyed the experience and look forward to the next time
Love and hugs
Abbey x

Rachelakld
10-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Always fun, I've had a couple of bloky "good day mate" etc greetings and lots of "here you go sir". Sometimes i reply with a deep manly voice or a high pitched girly greeting depending on how much fun i want.

Roli F
10-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Glad that your outing went so well I find if you are confident looking ,and look like you own your presence. people don't notice however i tend to favour bright colour wigs that stand out so I get noticed more by red blooded males who go into full wolf whistle but I own the wig and walk well in heels thank goodness, people comment how confident I am, I actually feel more confident as my alter ego than my male mode self. it is slightly surreal

Chari
10-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Good for you Abbey! Those first time outings are always a big step for each of us, but it does get easier the more we go out. As others have said, be confident in who you are. To that I add be comfortable in what you wear too. "Blend in" to appear as other GGs out & about, and enjoy your femme adventures. Thanx for sharing.

Michelle51
10-28-2013, 05:56 PM
There is no courage without fear. Good for you! Congrats.

julia marie
10-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Abbey. Congratulations on the first daytime trip. I'll bet it was a lot less painful than you expected.
One criticism: Two hours of shopping as a girl and you didn't buy anything. Shame!

Violet-13
10-28-2013, 06:12 PM
It sounds like you had fun

Michelle (Oz)
10-28-2013, 06:30 PM
after 1st hour stopped for a coffee to try and rehydrate my mouth and lower my heart rate,it seemed to work.

Sounds like a great experience Abbey. I'm sure you are already thinking about the next time. Funny thing though, no matter how many times I have been out I still get a very dry mouth from the adrenalin.

Always fun, I've had a couple of bloky "good day mate" etc greetings and lots of "here you go sir".

Like Rachel I get the rare "sir" not maliciously just a confusion from recognising my male features. I mostly get "madam" but don't worry about "sir". I believe over time that folk will be more educated to refer to someone by their mode of dress rather than their gender.

RenneB
10-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Welcome to the 'daywalkers' club. Glad things turned out well for ya.... The first time, the butterflies are all a flutter.... in time, they'll die down and you'll just be a nice lookin girl out doing errands....

Then again, there are some on this site that are of the belief that if there isn't a picture, it didn't happen. Take a few shots and go from there...

Renne.....

kimdl93
10-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Great outing! You're right, Abby, we are our own worst critics and people are generally more than happy to live and let live. Hope you get out again soon and often!

BLUE ORCHID
10-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi Abbey, Now that you've had a bite of the apple they'll be no holding you back now.

AmyGaleRT
10-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Good for you, Abbey! The first time is always the hardest...keep it up, soon you'll be skipping out the door without a care in the world! :)

- Amy

ShriekCassandra
10-28-2013, 09:49 PM
I admire your guts and conviction Abbey. I guess the secret is the less aware we of are of out secret identity while out the less others will be to.

Beverley Sims
10-29-2013, 12:13 AM
Nothing like a good tour around a shopping centre.
Good exercise in getting out.

brinda_cd
10-29-2013, 12:45 AM
congarts on the 1st day out

jennloves55
10-29-2013, 12:50 PM
I wish I could get up the courage to go out.

Abbey11
10-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Hi girls, just wanted to say thank you for all the positive responses and kind words.
Hugs
Abbey x

vallerie lacy
10-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Very happy to hear of your adventure into the world of normal people. Well, make that semi normal people.

JayeB
10-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Very brave, and congrats. What were you wearing?

BobbiHall
11-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Great Abbey. I'm happy for you. Love your name.

Bobbi

Marcelle
11-02-2013, 05:41 AM
Hi Abbey, I read your post as one who has only recently started "daylight walks among the living". My first time in a crowded venue was much the same. But it does get easier as I think most people don't notice and if they do, they don't care. I have got a few odd looks but chalk that up to curiosity on the part of the "looker". I also got a few "sirs" but I think it is more confusion than rudeness (at least for me as I look like a dude, dress or not).

Hugs and an extra big hug for your courage in claiming the day.

Isha