PDA

View Full Version : 6 month check up, boobs, and my great Dr.

I Am Paula
10-29-2013, 08:49 AM
I had my six month check up with my endo yesterday. He had the results of the numerous blood test taken last week. All good. He is also monitoring my thyroid, as I had some issues with it a couple years back. All good.
My testosterone was at 0. He wasn't worried about that but we're cutting the cyproterone acetate by half, and we'll watch it.
I mentioned boobs, or lack thereof, at my three month, and he said it was too early to tell. So, six months, and the girls are dormant. My E is at the low side of normal, and he suggested a minor dose boost. I suggested, let's hit 'em with everything we've got, so he doubled my E, on the condition I would do monthly blood work for three months. Yipee! Fingers crossed.
I love my Dr. because he doesn't come off as knowing it all, he admits there are as many HRT protocols as there are trans-women. We discuss each step, and he lets me know the options, and repercussions, and then lets me choose my path. I feel like I'm being pro-active in my own treatment. He goes by the numbers, I go by my feelings, and we find a common ground.
On my way out yesterday, he asked how I was feeling. I mentioned he had already asked about side effects, or any discomfort. He said 'No, I mean, How is Paula?' Not a medical question at all.
I responded 'Content, maybe the most content I've ever been.'

Megan72
10-29-2013, 09:20 AM
Paula, that is so nice to hear! I hope the changes have the desired effects. Megan

Rachel Smith
10-29-2013, 10:19 AM
On my way out yesterday, he asked how I was feeling. I mentioned he had already asked about side effects, or any discomfort. He said 'No, I mean, How is Paula?' Not a medical question at all.
I responded 'Content, maybe the most content I've ever been.'

I hope things progress nicely for you Paula.

I was just talking with my friend Michelle this morning. She ask me the same question and my response was similar. "I am OK, more OK then I have ever been in my life. That feeling is kinda foreign to me."

I Am Paula
10-29-2013, 10:26 AM
Thank you Rachel,
For the first few months I didn't know what was coming over me. I smiled at strangers, and went for long walks just to see what was around me. Then it dawned on me. I was happy. Weird feeling.

Angela Campbell
10-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Yes the first couple of months was strange for me as well. It was kind of like waking up, although the feeling has passed into normalcy now. Content...? Maybe some but it seems I am more determined than ever now. It is like now I am so sure this is right, the fear is gone, only the anxiety of wanting to go faster. Every day I look into the mirror and see a little more of the progress.

esther22
10-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Paula, you are fortunate to have an understanding doctor. I have no such choices in my small town, Esther

thechic
10-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Glad things are going well, Its certainly a long journey with great ups and downs.

Marleena
10-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Then it dawned on me. I was happy. Weird feeling.

Yes this was new to me as well. It's just proof suppression causes other problems. I'm glad you're on track with all of this and more proof here that a DR. is required to monitor us.

PaulaAnn
10-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Oh it's a grand feeling.I'm now 8 months into my HRT and among other things ,my breasts have started to grow.They hurt like the dickens some days ,most days it's that dull pain and discomfort...but it's a good pain.(does that make sense?) I can feel the new tissue forming,see the change in the nipples and actually see a bit of growth.My Doctor is well chuffed as much as I am ...and encourages and supports me.It's wonderful to have a Doc. that actually gets so involved in a patients progress.
PaulaAnn.

Marleena
10-29-2013, 05:08 PM
A good Dr. is great, one that actually listens and cares like Paula's = priceless.

Melissa Cross
10-30-2013, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the post Paula, great to hear. I hope to be following in your footsteps soon.

kimdl93
10-30-2013, 06:37 AM
Sounds like a great doc, both clinically and as a human being

mary something
10-30-2013, 09:09 AM
sounds like things are going well!

barbie54s
10-30-2013, 11:49 AM
glad all is going well.

mikiSJ
10-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Paula, cis-females have measurable testosterone. To have none, and assuming you no longer have the 'boys', then you may have an adrenal gland issue.

Barbara Ella
10-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the update Paula. It is always wonderful to read about a Dr. that is caring and invested in the patient as yours is. It is even more wonderful to read that one is content, which after all, really is the goal of all of this. I know that you will continue to become even more content as time progresses, and the girls perk up and begin to pay attention to their place in all of this...lol

Hugs,

Barbara

Leah Lynn
10-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Glad to hear that. I do hope the Breast Fairy visits you soon!

Hugs,

Leah