PDA

View Full Version : Female Heroes? Inspirations?

Cassie_k
10-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here would like to share a little bit about the women that inspire them.
For myself, while I think all women are beautiful (and some men too), some unique women just seem to have a certain sense of grace or elegance that I am at a loss to describe. My personal hero right now is the movie star Louise Brooks, because even though she's beautiful, it's not just about the way she looks, but in the way she moves and expresses things, she has this wonderful kind of energy to her that leaves me with a sense of awe. Please let me know what you think, It's always nice to hear what others have to say :)

Erica Marie
10-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Im not sure if you would say hero, but an inspiration to be myself. Im going with Katy Perry. I luv her looks.

Beverley Sims
10-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Women I think did well are some politicians.
Margaret Thatcher and Angela Merkel.

There's that other lady, Bill Clinton's wife.

Ineke Vashon
10-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Miss Piggy. Feminine, always tossing her long hair, likes the limelight, loves to pose for the camera in gorgeous dresses, knows what she wants from her boy, er, frogfriend (FF?) and packs a mean karate chop when cornered.
:yrtw:

Ineke :D

Kate T
10-30-2013, 12:38 AM
My admiration and idolisation of women tends to originate from moral and ethical strength. Hence Ang Sung Suu Kyi (Burmese political activist), Angelina Jolie (OK so she looks good BUT to cap it all off she does an insane amount of work for UNHCR and her recent decision to have a double mastectomy has empowered women suffering from breast cancer the world over), I agree Hilary Clinton is an extremely interesting woman, Shakira (yes another good looking pop star BUT also does a mountain of work for childrens charities particularly in south america, has received numerous awards including from the UN for her philanthropy AND she can speak 3 languages!!!) and Hellen Mirren for just being so damn good looking at 68!!

Christina Kay
10-30-2013, 04:57 AM
The late Christine Jorgensen . Made me aware of such much more, and that I was not an island. Hugs :)

Shari
10-30-2013, 05:34 AM
Ditto the Christine Jorgensen. What courage she had, especially in the times of the 50's.

I would be quite remiss if i didn't mention Mom.

BLUE ORCHID
10-30-2013, 07:51 AM
Hi Cassie, For me it has to be Christie Brinkley to me she is the ultimate of feminine beauty and style.

Lexi Moralas
10-30-2013, 07:58 AM
As far as GGs , I find Kate beckensale and Maggie Q inspiring , they are feminine, petite , sexy as hell and tough at the same time. For t- girls Tiffany Michelle of " Tiffany's tower" and Tiffany Leigh the Tg party promoter from friends of triangles.

Georgia_Maine
10-30-2013, 09:35 AM
For me the real women heros are those single mothers who work a long day on the job, come home to fix her kids a good meal, help them with their school homework and get them ready for bed before even thinking about their own desires. Looks mean nothing. It's all about character. Now that's a hero.

Karen kc
10-30-2013, 12:16 PM
For me, it would have to be my late mom, my wife for putting up with me & Danica Patrick, beautiful and daring!

vallerie lacy
10-30-2013, 12:22 PM
I'd have to say Grace Slick. When asked if she could do it all again, what would she change, she replied, " I'd want bigger tits"

Cheryl T
10-30-2013, 12:26 PM
My hero was my mother. She survived breast cancer 45 years ago before it was a national item. Later she was implanted with an artificial heart valve and she took it all in stride without complaint. So different from these spoiled brats that frequent the news and screens.

mikiSJ
10-30-2013, 12:34 PM
I worked for, and reported to, a woman, Colleen B, who was smart, educated (Princeton), assertive and simply got the job done - whatever that was. When we worked together, she was the COO of a startup consulting firm. She ruffled many male feathers and lost many jobs because of this ruffling - BUT, she persevered and is now working as the VP of Sales Operations for an extremely well known Silicon Valley Company.

I wish I could be like her.

Jaylyn
10-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Ok I'm officially an old fart but here are my two favorites of all time Raquel Welch, and Sophia Loren ( hope I spelled those right) but used to have both posters of them hanging in my dorm room.... Raquel coming up out of that water was my fantasy girl. Wow to both though. My wife is my third choice in grace elegance and when she wants can be sexy and beautiful all at the same time and even though the top two inspired me in other ways my wife inspires me the most in ways Raquel and Sophia couldn't. Yep I just let how old I really am out..... Lol

Vickie_CDTV
10-30-2013, 01:19 PM
My female heroes would be my mom, and "Old Lady" (my former girlfriend.)

GroovyChristy
10-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Two of my personal heroes, regardless of sex, are Tegan and Sara Quin. I fell in love with their music and they became very influential to me in that aspect, but then I saw what huge icons they are for the LGBTQ community. They helped me realize it's ok to be myself, as well as their many songs that I can relate to so well. I'm forever grateful to them. :)

EDIT: oh, and they are so very stylish! Many of my daily looks are inspired by what they wear on stage.