PDA

View Full Version : It does get easier

Stephanie Lynne
10-29-2013, 10:24 PM
I had some time this evening so I dressed for a shopping trip to Ross. I've sat in my car for a very long time before, but tonight I just went for it. I know I don't pass, but I am caring less each time. I'm ready for Thursday! :) Tonight, I tried on 2 dresses. I ended up buying the skirt I'm wearing in the attached pic. Overall, it was a nice trip even being read a couple of times.
Hugs,
Stephanie

Rachael Leigh
10-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Nice, wish I had that kind of courage

Oh and I feel the same really don't feel I would pass, but who knows, my biggest issue is I must wear glasses and it really changes my look

Stephanie Lynne
10-29-2013, 10:55 PM
I understand about the glasses. I'm thinking about getting either contacts or female glasses to help my look. I'm seeing that most don't say anything or keep to themselves.

Cynthia Anne
10-29-2013, 11:31 PM
You're right it does get easier! Lovely skirt and legs to go with it! So get out there and enjoy it!!

JazmyneCD
10-29-2013, 11:36 PM
I also was out and about today as I have been doing lately, the difference being that today I actually went inside a thrift shop to look around (I usually just drive and find a deserted spot) and possibly buy things. I ended up with two pairs of shoes and some pantyhose.

http://i40.tinypic.com/13yff5l.jpg

Like you, I was in the car gathering all the courage I could muster before I went in and almost chickened out. After all, there were people in the store. But I put it all aside and went for it and it was such a thrill and a rush to be in there en femme, trying on these wonderful shoes and looking at the girly clothes.

Things to know. Will you get looks? Possibly. Will anyone say anything? Probably not. In fact the cashier was very kind and didn't bat an eye at me, which could have led to a slew of possibilities: she's seen CDs before, or I was that passable, or she simply didn't care. No odd look on her face, nothing. It was pure elation. If any of you girls have yet to experience it for yourselves, you're missing out and you will want to do it more and more. I am tomorrow :)

Kate T
10-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Will you get looks? Possibly. Will anyone say anything? Probably not.
Completely accurate in my experience.

In fact the cashier was very kind and didn't bat an eye at me, which could have led to a slew of possibilities: she's seen CDs before,
Almost guaranteed.

or I was that passable,
Unfortnuately and no offense intended, unlikely. MOST of the time as soon as you interact with someone you will be read.

or she simply didn't care.
Also highly likely. I have shopped at OP shops and major chains dressed as male and female, tried on womens clothes when presenting male and occasionally even mens clothes when presenting female! Rarely have I had a problem. Most of the time they are quite chatty, at worst they are polite.
NB: Just as a tip. If you are shopping at a thrift / charity store, SHOW SOME CHARITY!!! It doesn't take much to drop a $5 note in their collection tins or just tell them to keep the change out of a $20 or $50 note. Trust me, the first thing they will say about you is that you were kind and polite. Don't you think it is better that crossdressers are known as being kind and polite rather than some TV image of shallow and self obsessed?

Marcelle
10-30-2013, 05:18 AM
Hi Stephanie,

What a great story and as one who has only recently ventured out I agree . . . it does get easier each time.

Hugs and congrats

Isha

Bridgetlagurl
10-30-2013, 05:39 AM
I think this do I pass or don't pass comes down a lot of times to the real question "Am I pretty". Don't know if you are or aren't. No face pics and that is subjective anyway. Next time you are out and about, take a look at women around you, all of them not just the pretty or beautiful. There are a lot of CD's & TG's on here that are absolutely stunning and some are average, just like BIO women. Work with what you have and enjoy it. Inside is what counts. Ugly inside breaks through any outer beauty surfaces quickly.
Like the song says "Your beautiful like a rainbow"

Michelle (Oz)
10-30-2013, 06:01 AM
Thanks for sharing Stephanie.

Work on the probability that to many who are observant you will not pass, particularly those you interact with. It is empowering to have this mind set and overcomes any potentially adverse experiences. Most people are accepting or just don't care that you are a 'man in a dress' and will still call you ma'm. It is just a bonus if you pass.

BLUE ORCHID
10-30-2013, 07:40 AM
Hi Stephanie, There's no holding you back now You are out there now.
That's a cute outfit.

Lexi Moralas
10-30-2013, 08:18 AM
It dose get easier the more you go out

Janet Bern
10-30-2013, 08:31 AM
It took me a quite a few time of wearing little by little.
Finally, I wen all out and no one took a second look
Went to malls shopping and lunch.. no problem
Yes it does get easier

Jaylyn
10-30-2013, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't know about the getting easier part but can say that you look great in that skirt. I love it may have to get my wife prepped for a skirt buying trip to Ross this weekend.

linda allen
10-30-2013, 08:38 AM
I suppose it's easier to shop as a female around Halloween time. That's an excuse many of us make. As for the photo, I can't turn my monitor on its side so it's hard to evaluate the skirt.

I just buy them, take them home to try on, and return them if I don't like them or they don't fit. It gives me more time to evaluate them and I can wear my padded panties to see how they really fit and look.

Diane78
10-30-2013, 09:15 AM
I have been there too, and sat and pondered about going in to shop. Eventually, I got over it and go everywhere now without thinking about it. I now have long hair, use makeup better and probably never get 'read'. So much fun!

Chari
10-30-2013, 10:11 AM
It is not always "if you pass or not", but it is IMO being comfortable and confident with yourself no matter what you are wearing, but please do try to "blend in" and not draw extra attention to yourself, unless that is what you enjoy. Each time going out and about does become easier, and most others are too concerned with their own issues to notice what is going on around them. In awhile your outings will become a natural part of your feminine life style.

Beverley Sims
10-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Ross is wonderful for varitey and economy.
My favorite is one down by Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.
It gets easier all the time and they always make me feel welcome.
Take the tag for the number of garments I am trying on and away I go.

susiecd13
10-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Nice pic. Love the tights and heels.

Susie