PDA

View Full Version : It would look better on me!

Bianca Star
10-30-2013, 05:31 AM
I'm just curious but have any of you ever looked at genetic woman and thought to yourself "honey that outfit would look soooo much better on me" it happened to me the other day. My wife agreed with me and we both had a good laugh over it.

Michelle (Oz)
10-30-2013, 06:05 AM
I think that I can shape my figure better with lots of help than some GGs but I never lose sight of the fact that any GG has a huge advantage. They are GG without the aids.

Karren H
10-30-2013, 06:35 AM
Only when she looks more like a Steelers Linebacker than I do......

Sara Jessica
10-30-2013, 07:00 AM
I'm trying to think of how to say what needs to be said without sounding too mean.

It's pretty hard but I'll give it a try...

First of all, your comment is territory we just don't go into within these pages. Natal females have an infinite number of inherent advantages over us when it comes to beauty without effort. Add to that as Michelle put it the need to artificially create shape, more often than not, and you really have a situation where making comparisons like apples & oranges. Women possess natural beauty and shape that are unmistakably female while the way we often present is done with smoke & mirrors.

I'll also add this. Many women have figure flaws which affect how clothing fits their bodies, not to mention having an effect on self-esteem. Men can certainly have the same issue but when presenting as men, addressing the flaws can be as easy as wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Many women's styles are designed around what is perceived as an ideal woman's figure and made to enhance and/or show-off those curves. Media then (unfairly) makes many women feel as if they are not measuring up if they cannot adhere to the perceived ideal. It's much easier to add padding to a typical uneventful male figure and create a curvy ideation of feminine shape than to take a perceived less-than-optimal feminine shape and try to squeeze into that tight size 6 dress. Maybe it's just me but I would never be so bold as to say that the enhanced male is somehow rocking an outfit better than his natal female counterpart. Isn't it alright to say that either is rocking the look without having to make a comparison??? Does it really make one feel better about themselves to say they are in any way "better" than someone else?

Women make such comments and it might come across as catty or bitchy but at least they're comparing apples to apples and that is their prerogative. Coming from our world, it just doesn't fly. Personally speaking, any positives I can project to the world to make them think female at first glance are offset by a host of negatives that eventually trump that perception, something that is true for many (if not most) of us. Respect for those who are emulated in these pages seems more appropriate than making an attempt at catty comparisons.

Sharon B.
10-30-2013, 07:11 AM
About a year after my divorce over twenty years ago I was with a woman at an concert when a woman walked by and I made the comment I would look better in that outfit then she does.
The woman asked what did I just say and I said it again. I had hinted that I was divorced because I enjoy wearing feminine attire and that comment just proved it.
Sometimes the truth hurts and sometimes it will set you free.
I no longer see that woman but think of her often, she was always easy to talk to.

WandaRae2009
10-30-2013, 07:28 AM
My wife bought a dress for a wedding earlier this year. I tried it on and thought it did look better on me. Of course I never told her that. I was dissapointed when she took it back since she decided not to wear it. I didn't get a chance to say I wanted it.

BLUE ORCHID
10-30-2013, 07:34 AM
H Bianca, You should tread lightly in this arena in downgrading GGs' on this forum.

Mssusan
10-30-2013, 07:42 AM
First, there's nothing wrong with thinking something to yourself; it's the saying of it that might, at the very least, be perceived as ignorant. The OP was able to do so because he probably knows his wife's sense of humor.

Second, thank you Sara Jessica, for your post. You are spot on.

Susan

DanielleLee
10-30-2013, 08:03 AM
The key words here are: "thought to yourself". Yes I have, as many of us probably have. It comes with the territory of not having the same type of body hang-ups that many women unfortunately experience. That Bianca's GG wife agreed with him lends credence to Sarah's statement

Women make such comments and it might come across as catty or bitchy but at least they're comparing apples to apples and that is their prerogative.

However... my opinion is that it's not apples to apples. Bianca wasn't stating her body was better than a GGs. She was stating she would look better in an outfit. An outfit is clothing. Clothing, regardless of who it is designed for, can be worn by a man, a woman or a mannequin and look good. The point is that yes.. sometimes one man may look better than one female in an outfit. Whether it because of the women's body or because the guys shape... it happens. All clothing is not equal and neither are our bodies. We have to dress our bodies with clothing that flatters. :2c:

Bianca... I appreciate the light humor. I didn't find you were trying to enflame GGs and suggest that you were better than the real thing.

DanielleLee

linda allen
10-30-2013, 08:24 AM
We can imagine that an outfit would look better on us than a particular genetic woman, and our spouse might go along with our comment, but it would take a really well put together crossdresser compared to a "not well put together" genetic woman to make it happen.

The odds are slim of it happening.

Jaylyn
10-30-2013, 08:31 AM
You could take the worst shaped lady in the world and odds are it would look better on them than on me..... Really it's hard to cover a 6'2" ,large boned guy like me with a very feminine dress and make me look good. Lol

Chickhe
10-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Only while watching 'what not to wear'... and even then I'm sometimes at a loss to know what's wrong with something...

Beverley Sims
10-30-2013, 11:28 AM
I think that all the time, but seriously I was trying some dresson with my girlfriends when I was twenty and this situation cropped up a lot.
I apparently did look better in some dresses than the girls.
An A line shift suited my no hips all the time compared to some who had prominent hips and behind.
I was a skinny little thing, envied by others then. :)

vallerie lacy
10-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Well I can't say that I ever felt that an outfit would look better on me, but I have said that I would enjoy wearing it more.

samanthasolo
10-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Sometimes I speak my mind and sometimes I keep my thoughts to myself! There is always a time that I see a woman wearing something and I might think I'd like to be wearing that, NEVER a time that I would break the 13th Commandment of CD and even think it would look better on me!

Dianne S
10-30-2013, 11:49 AM
have any of you ever looked at genetic woman and thought to yourself "honey that outfit would look soooo much better on me"

Nope, never. Even if I see a GG wearing something really horrible, I doubt it would look any better on me. :)

Jenniferathome
10-30-2013, 11:51 AM
a "body" might look better in one outfit or another, but you'll still look like a dude in a dress.

carhill2mn
10-30-2013, 12:36 PM
The answer is "Oh, yes"; many times! I especially felt that way on some of the cruises I was on when it was a "dress up" night!

franlee
10-30-2013, 01:42 PM
The answer is "Oh, yes"; many times! I especially felt that way on some of the cruises I was on when it was a "dress up" night!

I can certainly relate to that. But I must admit it was several years ago and I was practicing a lot more at the time and not nearly as big. Of course I envied the fact they were there dressed in the outfit and I couldn't be. That was much of the fuel for the thought.

Marleena
10-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Actually I look better than your mom does in a dress!:D

J/K of course! I'm surprised the bragging continued after Sara posted what she did.

Michelle51
10-30-2013, 03:04 PM
yes, and my wife will periodically complain, saying "that skirt looks better on you than on me, it's not fair!".

4mymichelle
10-30-2013, 03:25 PM
With so many choices of colors and styles there is not one choice that fits all. Some outfits that will look flattering on one person may not on another. My wife tells me the exact opposite, that will look better on me than you. Lol

julia marie
10-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Nope. Haven't thought I'd look better in an outfit. Quite the opposite; a lot of times I'll see how a GG wears an outfit, and think, "I wish I could I really wish I could wear that." Reality stinks.

AllieSF
10-30-2013, 05:59 PM
The key words here are: "thought to yourself". Yes I have, as many of us probably have. It comes with the territory of not having the same type of body hang-ups that many women unfortunately experience. That Bianca's GG wife agreed with him lends credence to Sarah's statement

However... my opinion is that it's not apples to apples. Bianca wasn't stating her body was better than a GGs. She was stating she would look better in an outfit. An outfit is clothing. Clothing, regardless of who it is designed for, can be worn by a man, a woman or a mannequin and look good. The point is that yes.. sometimes one man may look better than one female in an outfit. Whether it because of the women's body or because the guys shape... it happens. All clothing is not equal and neither are our bodies. We have to dress our bodies with clothing that flatters. :2c:

Bianca... I appreciate the light humor. I didn't find you were trying to enflame GGs and suggest that you were better than the real thing.

DanielleLee

I am with you Danielle. Yes, sometimes a particular man in a particular outfit may look much better than a particular woman in that same outfit. Now, translated that means sometimes a guy can pull off a great look. Sometimes that guy may even on close inspection look better than that particular woman and women similar to her. As we all say here, everyone comes in all shapes and sizes and .... looks. We are talking here about looking like a woman and not about being a woman.

Most of the shape wear that I use is made for women, not guys who like to dress as women. So, that woman who in her natural state may not be able to carry out a certain look (here I am talking about how the item or items of clothing hang and look as a complete package) has access to most of the same shape wear that is wannabes do. Some GG's take advantage of it and other do not. No problem either way.

Deedee Skyblue
10-30-2013, 06:11 PM
The OP was not denigrating any woman. And she didn't hurt any feelings, say anything offensive to anyone, or do something hurtful or hateful. Lighten up! There is no harm to anyone in thinking 'That would look better on me than you' as long as you don't say it. I wish I could look good enough that that thought could even have a ghost of chance in my mind.

Deedee

Lorileah
10-30-2013, 11:57 PM
this isn't really dissing women in general, it is about an outfit so keep it in that area OK? Otherwise...if it gets "personal" this will be closed.

Sara Jessica
10-31-2013, 08:52 AM
I will keep this real Lorileah and not make anything personal, just as I tried to do in my original reply.

The way I perceive a comment such as "it would look better on me" coming from a member of our tribe when compared her look to a natal female is approaching "women are jealous of how I look" territory. Not quite in the same league, just getting pretty close.

Others have made the comment that it's not like it was said to anyone but in fact, it was. The comment was made to all of us to read and is really no different than saying "women are jealous of how I look" in these pages without saying it directly to a natal female. Not only would offense be taken but all heck would break loose as well.

My point has been that when it comes to respect for other women out there, those who many of us take great care to emulate, those who many of us desire their understanding & empathy as well as perhaps their companionship, these comments only serve to exasperate women and drive them away...or at the very least does nothing to bring them closer.

Care must be taken when walking so close to that line.

Bianca Star
11-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Thank you all for your insightful comments. My attempt wasn't to knock GG's but to share a humorous moment. Trust me I'm the last CD to think I could out do the real deal. lol

Karren H
11-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Actually I look better than your mom does in a dress!:D

J/K of course! I'm surprised the bragging continued after Sara posted what she did.

but do you look better than her dad in a dress?

Marleena
11-01-2013, 01:03 PM
LMAO..not going there! I wish I hadn't even seen this thread.:D

Deedee Skyblue
11-01-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm just wondering - when I (or someone else here) complement a sister on her picture by saying something like 'it's not fair for a GG model to post her pictures here and pretend to be a CD', is that potentially offensive? It certainly implies that there are women who don't look as good as our sister's picture. Is that something else that I shouldn't even think and certainly shouldn't say here?

Deedee :confused:

Eryn
11-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Of course I've had such thoughts, and I have shared them with my spouse who has agreed with me. I'd never say something like that to a stranger!

Furthermore, I've been in dressing rooms trying on long dresses and had GGs say "You're so lucky, I wish I was tall and could wear things like that!"

The unfortunate fashion reality is that a lot of women's clothes are designed around tall supermodels who have minimal hips, which is what my shape is like. Of course, the supermodel won't be wearing a size 12, but the shape is the same. It is rather ironic if one thinks about it!

docrobbysherry
11-01-2013, 11:56 PM
I guess I don't think that way. Women that I find attractive, I try to copy. Whatever captivates me about her, her outfit, style, figure, etc. And, then? I just try to do it! I wouldn't compare myself to them because as Sara pointed out, I cheat and am nothing more than a copycat.

I HAVE thot I was the prettiest, or one of the prettiest "women", at a couple of vanilla events I attended over the H holidays. I won a couple of costume contests and got into the finals of the others. Does that affirm my feelings? It doesn't really matter does it? Because I cheat!

If I find nothing striking about a woman, I don't think about her looks at all.

Marcelle
11-02-2013, 06:08 AM
Never thought this either en femme or en male. Clothes are clothes and I play to whatever strengths I have be it a business suit for work as a boy or girl jeans for a walk out as Isha. My wife and I get a laugh every now and then when shopping for Isha in that I have to buy clothing to accentuate my lack of natural curves while she buys the opposite to tone down her natural curves. :battingeyelashes:. After all it is just clothes.

Hugs

Isha

Majella St Gerard
11-02-2013, 02:36 PM
I've said it to myself and to others and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It is no disrespect to women. But that statement can be said about any gender. I've also seen men wearing something I like and have said the same thing. To be honest most people do not take any pride in their appearance, male or female, men dress like bums with baseball caps turned back and dirty sweatpants and women are not far behind that. And, I do get told, many times from women that I come in contact with while I am crossdressed that they are jealous of my legs and how good I look in that skirt, one girl I know said she hates me cause I looked better then her in the skirt I was wearing and that I rocked it. Why get all dressed up and looking pretty if you can't flaunt it and be proud of yourself, everybody can use a little ego boost. Some people got to lighten up a bit, enjoy life and have some fun, not everything is a federal case.

Ayame
11-02-2013, 09:58 PM
These days I do not feel I would think that. We are all people with feelings, and we all deserve to feel beautiful. That being said, I am sure you would both look lovely in the outfit in your own ways.

Allesandra Rhodes
11-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Do real women not think this from time to time themselves? I'm sure no one goes shopping thinking they'd never look as good as the model wearing the outfit. My SO enjoys seeing me as me and we have thought similar things once in a great while, but it's not disrespect. Only comments.

Boys will be girls :)

ReineD
11-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Do real women not think this from time to time themselves?

I don't. Ever. And my body is in good shape. And I cannot imagine my friends thinking it either. We may look at another woman and notice the difference between her body and ours, such as height, weight, and build, but clothes are just clothes. It stands to reason that a mini skirt will generally look better on a slim, young woman than on a woman of middle age who is rather portly. On the other hand, the middle aged woman with curves might be more appealing in lingerie to some men than a woman who is skinner and more angular.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the clothes and I think that anyone who thinks they look better in some clothes than some women are rather arrogant and single-minded. They're really comparing bodies and this is just as bad as saying that someone is prettier than someone else. A woman who says or thinks this would be thought vain and shallow.

Also, CDers who think this way should compare apples to apples. If they are tall and skinny, they should compare themselves to tall and thin women. If they have big breast forms and wear waist cinchers, they should compare themselves to a woman who is well endowed and has an hourglass figure. It's so not fair to look at a woman whose natural body is different than the models in the popular media, and compare her to a male body made to look like the ideal woman with forms, pads, and corsets ... or to compare a thin body to a body with extra weight. For those of you who think like this, try to compare yourself to a woman who is built like you are after your transformation, or go ahead and compare yourselves to the woman you are looking at and imagine that she is also wearing breast enhancers and a corset.

Sorry if this sounds snarky, but "The clothes would look better on me", or "I look better than her" is as big a pet peeve to me than "She doesn't like the CDing because she is jealous of me". :rolleyes:

Vickie_CDTV
11-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Maybe it is because I am a large person... maybe it is because I am a "sensitive" man... but no, I have never thought such a thing.