PDA

View Full Version : Didn't dress for Halloween but not a total loss this week

Nikki A.
10-31-2013, 10:21 PM
It looked like there was nothing going on for Halloween at work this year, so getting to dress was not going to be an option.
However on Monday I had the opportunity to go into NYC with my friend to shop for jewelry and accessories for her store. I dressed before she met me at her store. On the way to her car her husband's employee pulled into the lot and saw me as we were leaving ( well she knows now lol, her husband already knew that I dress). Anyway took the bus to NYC, spent the whole day shopping and came back that evening. We had a great time, laughed a lot and bought some nice things. Never a problem in any way, was treated well in all the stores by both the sellers and other shoppers.
When I was heading back, there was a part of me that was really sad that it all had to end. I called it the Cinderella syndrome, its nice being at the ball but eventually you need to go back to being a pumpkin.

RADER
10-31-2013, 10:33 PM
Last year my wife dressed me up in a Maid's outfit to hand out candy to the kids.
Now this year, a steady rain all day; I think I had only 12 kids.
So I did under dress, with fem jeans and a plane fem top. It was a generic look.
Rader

EllenJo
10-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Nikki, It sounds like you had a great day in the city. I was home most of the day doing paperwork and actually had to change out of my fem clothes in order to pass out candy. My wife told me later that next year she will help me with a witches costume to wear while answering the door.

Radar, don't feel bad, our weather sucked here also and we only had a couple dozen kids. That's why I always buy my favorite candy to pass out for Halloween.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

Audrey34
11-01-2013, 12:17 AM
I didn't dress for Halloween either although originally all I was gonna do was stay home all dressed up anyway. Oh well. I still have a whole weekend ahead of me!

Beverley Sims
11-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Nikki,
I didn't do Halloween this year due to work commitments.
Those that know me are encouraging me to get out dressed next weekend.
It is a boost to the ego.

Stephanie47
11-01-2013, 11:53 AM
I was looking forward to Halloween. Unfortunately, my wife did not go to work on Halloween-no job. Boo, sob! It would have been a great day too! It rained. And, I love the rain because it gives me the opportunity to take a walk with an umbrella. Umbrellas are great for obscuring the manly face. Maybe next year.

Nikki A.
11-01-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't usually get a lot of kids down my street. So I make sure I always get my favorite candies lol. I had a great time, but with all the walking we did, even in ballet flats my calves were killing me the next day