PDA

View Full Version : What is "Genetic Girl"...

MandyTS
12-31-2005, 08:58 AM
It is not the answer were are thinking of...

Have you every really though about it? What about AIS XY females, or X0XY hybrid (me) or XXY etc. You know there are also XX males... so what is the answer!

If I decided to go with the female side would that make me a GG?

Interesting question. Thoughts?

Imogen_Mann
12-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Youre posing really difficult questions, the answering of which, from a male point of view would always lead to an arguement, or at the least total misinterpretation.

YOURE A GG ALRIGHT !! :D

XX

Jayme

(Seriously though, you are what you truly believe yourself to be... same goes for everybody).

MarinaTwelve200
12-31-2005, 09:31 AM
I suppose, in the practical sense, to qualify as a GG, one needs to have at least 2 X cromosomes and to have had to appear, biologically, and externaly like a female from birth--And---most likely to have been raised as a girl.----Thus being considered a "female" by all persons concerned in family and society.

In the odd case of a biological condition that makes a XY male LOOK like a female, such as Klienfelters(sp?) syndrome, she fails to qualify as a GG as soon as her condition is discovered--even if everything else, physically, socially and psychologically has been in place---she cant have babies, not to mention the resultant psychological effects of the knowledge of her true nature.

In the reverse situation, an XX "male" would not qualify as a GG because of body configuration and the way she was likely raised and socialized.

Still, GG is not something to get especially "Picky" about, however--- its a term we use as a kind of benchmark to denote the "normal", "Typical" human female we are familirar with, biologically AND socially.

Those of us who do not fit the XY/XX cromosonal set up are usually "Assigned" a M or F status and raised accordingly. Sometimes it works, psychologically and socially, and sometimes not---hence the reasons for such forums and duscussions such as this.

MandyTS
12-31-2005, 09:42 AM
Here is an interesting point than,

You say an XY female (AIS) is not a GG then what about someone like me who has not all the "male" parts... am I not a genetic male?

We could go on forever!

MarinaTwelve200
12-31-2005, 10:17 AM
Here is an interesting point than,

You say an XY female (AIS) is not a GG then what about someone like me who has not all the "male" parts... am I not a genetic male?

We could go on forever!

As I was saying, a GG is TYPICAL in all respects, a "norm benchmark". ---YOU, and most of us HERE, BTW are not.---- in today's society we, in order to avoid ostrication, usually divide into TWO camps either MALE OR FEMALE--- what we EFFECTIVELY are, not necesaraly what are genetically. One can be, effectively, either a 'Man" or "Woman", but not nessarily genetic.

Its not a good idea to be hung up on the genetic thing, its a "standard" for reference purposes.---A way to denote a typical, functional bio female from other genetic variants. What matters in society is ones EFFECTIVE sex/gender. No one HAS to know about each other's genes, unless one is considering cellular biology---not a common social activity.

Christina Nicole
12-31-2005, 01:38 PM
GG often is used to indicate a woman who has been a natural female since birth. It's not biologically accurate in all cases. Another now defunct forum, which I moderated came up with the term natal female or natal woman. Though natal female/woman (NF or NW) isn't perfect, it is a bit better than genetic girl. I suppose it does not really matter too much since everyone "knows" what GG means. Like "bad" doesn't mean bad and "cool" doesn't refer to temperature. Copasetic?

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

DonnaT
12-31-2005, 02:33 PM
I know a girl that just transitioned. She is XXY, has two overies and breasts AND had the male bits as well. Raised as a boy, married and fathered two children. So, I reckon you could say she was a GG and a GM. Her mind, however was all female.

MelissaM
01-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Hate to state the obvious... a GG is a person that has a period every month? And can give birth?

DonnaT
01-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Hate to state the obvious... a GG is a person that has a period every month? And can give birth?

So those women that cannot do so, by reason of birth anomaly or medical procedure, aren't GGs? Your definition appears to be flawed, IMHO.

Christina Nicole
01-03-2006, 05:54 PM
I know a girl that just transitioned. She is XXY, has two overies and breasts AND had the male bits as well. Raised as a boy, married and fathered two children. So, I reckon you could say she was a GG and a GM. Her mind, however was all female.

Wait a second. That does not make sense. Ovaries produce eggs, not sperm. During gestation, ovaries decend though the body into the scrotal sack and become testes. Can't have both, but it is possible to have one undescended teste. Reference: web site (http://www.people.virginia.edu/~rjh9u/sexdev.html) of Professor Robert Huskey, Professor Emeritus of Biology.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Rikki Elisabeth
01-03-2006, 10:22 PM
I try to keep things as simple as possible. The more complicated it is, the less likely it will work or last.

A genetic girl [to me] is one that is born a physical female. Now, does that mean that they will grow up wanting to be a genetic female....different issue.

Hugs...

DonnaT
01-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Wait a second. That does not make sense. Ovaries produce eggs, not sperm. During gestation, ovaries decend though the body into the scrotal sack and become testes. Can't have both, but it is possible to have one undescended teste. Reference: web site (http://www.people.virginia.edu/~rjh9u/sexdev.html) of Professor Robert Huskey, Professor Emeritus of Biology.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Confusing isn't it.

She has said she grew breasts at the age of sixteen, was born with active ovaries, has a female pelvis, an underdeveloped womb, an underdeveloped penis and testicles. She also has pictures showing one of her testicles had part of an ovary attached.

Some people have extra fingers or toes, and extra this or that. She had both female and male parts, the male parts were removed last year.

MelissaM
01-04-2006, 10:18 AM
So those women that cannot do so, by reason of birth anomaly or medical procedure, aren't GGs? Your definition appears to be flawed, IMHO.

Of course it is flawed. I recognize there are many females that cannot give birth for a variety of reasons. I was just adding to the conversation. A great conversation at that. What a question.

Wait. I know the answer! (The lawyer Melissa sticks her head in) A "Genetic Girl" is a person whom has 'Female' identified on their birth certificate. It's a legal document, you know. ;-)

pricilla21 GG
01-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I think it can safely be assumed that a GG is an XX female, with female on her birth certificate, raised as a female and fully functional as a female (periods, PMT, children). A woman through menapause who cant or dosen't want kids is still a GG. A very small section of the population are true hermaphrodite and have a genetic fingerprint that does not fit as either XY or XX. I think GG is a good indicator on this site as it sorts who the thread is coming from. We can be excused the odd tantrum online as when you see GG you can guess that its PMT week if we're a little sharp! Have a great new year! luv pricx

Christina Nicole
01-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Wait. I know the answer! (The lawyer Melissa sticks her head in) A "Genetic Girl" is a person whom has 'Female' identified on their birth certificate. It's a legal document, you know. ;-)

This is a question that even the law cannot answer. A transsexual in transition can petition the court and successfully have her(his) birth certificate changed from M to F (F to M). Every state seems to have a different definition of male and female. There were two contradictory cases a few years ago. One in a western state and one in Texas. They both had something to do with property and marriage. In one, it was ruled that a post-transition TS was entitled to a settlement in a divorce since the wedding was valid. The other said that the post-transition TS was not entitled to inherit her deceased husband's property because the marriage to a TS (genetically another man) was invalid. It was a long time ago and since the decisions don't pertain to me, I don't remember the details.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Rikki Elisabeth
01-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Way too deep and complicated for me. I just know that I like being a girl, whether I was born one or not.

Rikki